The BYU game

you actually bring up an excellent point. If BYU can be picked to finish so low in the MWC and the ACC is so superior why would Tech have a problem with BYU? Many on this board say it will be a good game or "think we can run with BYU". This shouldn't be: it should be a blow out by Tech. On the other hand BYU fans expect a win even though they know they are weaker than normalbecause GT is no better than BYU and they know it. Facts are the MWC is much stronger than you realize.

Originally posted by techsamillion:
Anyway, don't y'all learn any manners out there?
I address ylo, not you.

Speak when/where/and about what you were/are spoken to and you will get along better in life. I guess you would not know that however, it (whoops......don't get ugly, don't get ugly).......
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">i didn't understand techsamillion .. until you edited your post and made it clearer lol.

the post byublue made about the only georgia tech players of note in the NFL being herschel walker and boss bailey really deserves something much stronger than what i came up with though. lol.

i'm still shaking my head. i wouldn't want to go to a rival's board and make a post like that.

golly.

Originally posted by byublue:
you actually bring up an excellent point. If BYU can be picked to finish so low in the MWC and the ACC is so superior why would Tech have a problem with BYU? Many on this board say it will be a good game or "think we can run with BYU". This shouldn't be: it should be a blow out by Tech. On the other hand BYU fans expect a win even though they know they are weaker than normalbecause GT is no better than BYU and they know it. Facts are the MWC is much stronger than you realize.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">you're probably right when you say that MWC is much stronger than i realize.

don't revert to smacktalk .. you just came out of that mode.

byu is a good team, i think everyone here respects byu, especially playing them at provo, especially if that's the first game of the season.

Sorry but the PAC 10 will not let BYU in due to the liberal votes in the conference not wanting a conservative religeous school. This is a well known fact. Just want happen. As far as BYU having old players- this is truly laughable when we hear this. Every school in the country has older players for various reasons. Quincey Carter- the QB from FSU. Not only that but other schools recruit our returned missionaries also. Taking two years off and doing no sports does not help our athletes, especially the skill positions. We have a huge problem recruiting our best Mormon players because they know they cant play in a major bowl. Our best end up in PAC 10 and Big ten schools.

Originally posted by byublue:
Sorry but the PAC 10 will not let BYU in due to the liberal votes in the conference not wanting a conservative religeous school. This is a well known fact. Just want happen. As far as BYU having old players- this is truly laughable when we hear this. Every school in the country has older players for various reasons. Quincey Carter- the QB from FSU. Not only that but other schools recruit our returned missionaries also. Taking two years off and doing no sports does not help our athletes, especially the skill positions. We have a huge problem recruiting our best Mormon players because they know they cant play in a major bowl. Our best end up in PAC 10 and Big ten schools.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">it is truly laughable when we (BCS schools) hear from non BCS schools about how unfair it is to not be in a BCS conference.

teams from these conferences go unbeaten in their respective conference and then bitch and moan about not having any chance to get into a BCS bowl slot, threaten to sue the NCAA only to be blown out in their final regular season game, allowing like 70 points to be scored by a team from a recreational island.

are you coming up with examples of players from the south east, players like herschell walker and boss bailey from GT and quincy carter from FSU on purpose? lol

Maybe you missing their point. Maryland, Colorado, Notre Dame , etc hardly showed worthiness during some of their thumpings. I think the point is everyone should have the opportunity to get a shot. A playoff does this- why is the BCS so afraid of a playoff every other sport does it. Div 2 does it with no problem.

I smell a dawg fan. Three references to pup players and has them listed with GT and FSU.

Either that or he's about 13.

Yeah I talked smack because frankly based on what a lot of folks think your defense will be improved but your offense will be downright awful. Tech may not be as strong as most years but don't let that fool ya.

As for conference ratings... BYU is picked 4th in the MWC. GT is picked 8th in the ACC. You're favored by 4 points AT HOME. Do the math...
wtf.gif

for ylojk8: yes The HW BB smack was a joke. I have apologized for that. Yes Hawaii took us to the woodshed no doubt about it- hats off to them. But here's a little history. Prior t that game the BCS announced BYU would not get an invitation no matter what. This killed our team like it or not. Besides that Luke Staley broke his leg during the win against Miss st at Miss St. He was voted the best running back in the country that year. BYU does not have depth, he was the only thing we had (yes BYU was a running team that year). Now the final dagger you dont know it but Hawaii is one of our greatest rivals going back to the WAC days. Their hate for us is much like your neighbors have for you in athens. No excuses that isn't the point. BYU will put 65K in the stands every game good or bad year, they will travel anywhere and will play anybody. When they have a quality team they would like to have a quality bowl. The current system will not allow it. We go to the liberty 1,000's miles from our fans in a cold lousy field and pay to go there. Hardly fair when its suppose to be NCAA football. Give us a playoff thats all we ask. Meanwhile Duke will put 5,000 in the stands and be a practice game for 11 teams and get millions to apply to their baskeball program.

Beesnut no dog fan, I just know Quincey played baseball before he went to GA. As far as FSU, I am talking about the QB they had a few years ago- forgot his name but he was much older than average. Just trying to use names familiar to the ACC.

Good points byublue but it isn't all about football. Duke does not emphasize football like most of the ACC does. They are content to have an great basketball teams and to heck with the rest of the sports.

If you were a member of a stronger conference perhaps there would be more validity to this whole BCS unfairness issue. However the teams from your conference haven't exactly wowed them since the inception of the BCS.

Perhaps with the Big East losing their BCS bid in '06 the MWC will get it.

Altitude, schmaltitude...Atlanta is the second highest in altitude of any major city in the US besides Denver. And please don't count Salt Lake.

BlueBell,

I think you might have just shot holes in your argument. Chris Weinke is the QB you're referring to and I believe he led them to a National Championship. Older players at key positions can make a difference.

CSU beats the heck out of Colorado every year. Problem is we cant get the big boys to play home and homes. We got miami in provo in 90 when they were ranked number one and beat them. They finished 3 that year. Oklahoma refuses to play us at all. FSU will give us games but not in Provo. Give us a playoff, why does the BCS cartel fear one- simply because they would have to share the revenue. Its amazing how the fans cant see through this. A playoff would be more enjoyable to GT fans but somehow the cartel has you bellieving it cant be done. Geez louise you dont get any of the money why dont you want beter football?

We do get money. All BCS conference members get a slice of the pie.

How much money did BYU take in last year?

beesnut BYU loses money when they go to the Liberty. From a financial standpoint the Las Vegas bowl is the bowl of choice because travel and costs allow them to make a couple thousand. We have no options. All payout bowls are taken.

Recognize the last place teams in every BCS conference will make more bowl money than any MWC team no matter how good they are.

and just think the worst team in the BCS conference doesn't even go to a bowl. That explains why the BCS doesn't want a playoff- its as simple as that.

Originally posted by H-town:
Altitude, schmaltitude...Atlanta is the second highest in altitude of any major city in the US besides Denver. And please don't count Salt Lake.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">H-town, I think he has a point. Atl is 2nd highest, but it is only 1010'. Provo is 4549'.

On the other hand blaming your exclusion from the Pac 10 on liberal politics is rather lame, blu. If they decide they want 12 teams, you'll get a lot of consideration I bet. I can believe that they are a bunch of snots, like some ACC schools, but if BYU will be a moneymaker for them, they'll wear their special underwear to play ball with you.

Back