The Case for Thacker

They should be given our higher admission standards. Why do you feel that they are not more intelligent?
I think when it comes to football they’re not. I think football is very much instinctual and you have to make split second decisions like a fighter pilot. I think somebody could be better at math than someone else yet still suck at making split second decisions, then reacting their body to those decisions. Plus all these other guys in other schools and NFL who take hit after hit after hit to their heads learn a playbook and play accordingly everywhere, you don’t need to be a genius to do that.

They should be given our higher admission standards. Why do you feel that they are not more intelligent?

I think some of perception comes from mixing up "intellectual capacity" and "received formal education". Just cause a guy never needed to be able to pass a high school class doesn't mean they are incapable of being intelligent. In other places they are just less so asked to apply what intelligence they may have to something that isn't football.

I think when it comes to football they’re not. I think football is very much instinctual and you have to make split second decisions like a fighter pilot. I think somebody could be better at math than someone else yet still suck at making split second decisions, then reacting their body to those decisions. Plus all these other guys in other schools and NFL who take hit after hit after hit to their heads learn a playbook and play accordingly everywhere, you don’t need to be a genius to do that.

Can confirm. Pretty decent at math, not physically coordinated at all.

If we had not given up so many yard and points to Syracuse - the worst offense in the conference - then I could make a case.

Back