The Geoff Collins Effect!

You’re all assuming Key brings anything to the table. Maybe the playcalling was bad instead of atrocious and it was more Key’s ineptitude than we can tell? Perhaps Long and Weinke take over the offense and Key just becomes that dude who stands there out of the way until he’s shown the door. He hasn’t been able to recruit worth a damn, so it’s not that.

Reactions: McG
This team has way too many situational players and no leaders. Hell, our lines aren’t better than what everyone criticizes continuously from the old staff. I’d argue in many cases not as good. Hopefully that leads to something wonderful. I doubt it.

Since 2000, we have had the most players drafted in a single draft was in 2004 (5) when we went 7-5, and had gone 7-6 the two years prior.

We had 1 player drafted following the 2016 9-4 season.

We had 3 players drafted following the 2014 11-3 season. We also had 3 players drafted following the 2013 season 7-6 season.

We had 4 players drafted following the 2008 9-4 season, and 4 drafted following the 2009 11-3 season.

We had 2 players drafted following the 2006 9-5 season. We also had 2 players drafted following the 2015 3-9 season and the 2021 3-9 season.

We had 0 players drafted following the 2000 9-3 season.

We had 3 players drafted following the 1998 10-2 season. We also had 3 players drafted following the 2007 7-6 season and 2005 7-5 season.

We had 2 players drafted following the 1990 NC season. We had 3 players drafted following the 1994 1-10 season.

We had 3 players drafted following the 1985 9-2 season. We also had 3 players drafted following the 1983 3-8 season.

Our 2nd most draft picks ever was 9 following the 1945 season. We went 4-6.

Thanks for doing your homework. Very interesting. Our best seasons do not necessarily lead to a bunch of NFL draft picks. I bet there were some UDFAs after some of our better seasons as well. Either that or we play our best ball when we’re young.

Good work.

Thanks for doing your homework. Very interesting. Our best seasons do not necessarily lead to a bunch of NFL draft picks. I bet there were some UDFAs after some of our better seasons as well. Either that or we play our best ball when we’re young.

Good work.

It would be better to know how many drafted players were on the 2014 team. Gotsis went after 15, I think. So the 2014 team had 5 draft quality players, plus JT5.

Back