The Hate Week Armory

90846.jpeg

After 2016 :bowrofl:

Pouring another Crown Salted Caramel and going through the Armory links … man, for a long-time Ga Tech fan, 1998, 1999, 2000 was glorious. Truly what a time to be alive.

I was there on that glorious day in 1984 sitting in the end zone. Our OL blew open holes a truck could drive through. There was only a few years after the mutt loving media declared the rivalry dead and wondered if we would ever beat them again.

Also, Marvious Hester's muffed punt late in the 3rd gave them initial life. We were up 41-24 with all the momentum and would have likely crushed them that afternoon if we didn't fumble that punt. Ugag raced back to score the next 24 before we tied it late and won it in OT.

Side note, 1999 is still the only home win since 1989.
Damn. I was in school in 89. That’s depressing.

UGA and especially Zeier....a no-class act.

When someone uses the phrase, “Clean Old-Fashioned Fun,” or you see a post from a faction of Georgia Tech administrators, students (whoever the hell they were) wishing the Dawgs “Good Luck in the National Championship” ‍, remember öööö like this.

I remember this, I wasn’t there as I didn’t start getting season tickets until ‘95, but I remember how deflated, disgusted, mad this made me. It made ‘98-‘00 all the more sweeter.

THWG always and forever.

EDIT: I replied to the wrong post, this is in regard to the ‘93 COFH game.

Old School beat downs, long ago but not forgotten......

1970, Tech beats Georgia 6-0 at Grant Field

1974, Pepper unleashes hell in the rain in the cesspool - 34-14.

1974 Mud Bowl in Athens, what a great game. Took my younger brother to the game. Our dear Mom packed some dry clothes, 'incase ya'll get wet'. Yep Mom was right. GT won in the cold rain and sleet and snow.
That remains far and away the most miserable I’ve ever felt while thoroughly enjoying the game. 34-14 cures all ills.

Going back a few decades: If you were in Atlanta that SOB from Athens named Lewis Gizzard had a column in the AJC a few days each week. Ol ' Lewis was a sure enough died in the Red / Black, UGA fool. So now that I have that cleared up. Does anyone remember the column Lewis published after GT beat his beloved Nadlicker Pups one Saturday? The column was blank, just his mug shot and the words something like, 'I'd rather not discuss it". If you have a copy of that column please post it, I got a co-worker needs this taped to his door.

Going back a few decades: If you were in Atlanta that SOB from Athens named Lewis Gizzard had a column in the AJC a few days each week. Ol ' Lewis was a sure enough died in the Red / Black, UGA fool. So now that I have that cleared up. Does anyone remember the column Lewis published after GT beat his beloved Nadlicker Pups one Saturday? The column was blank, just his mug shot and the words something like, 'I'd rather not discuss it". If you have a copy of that column please post it, I got a co-worker needs this taped to his door.
It said, Frankly, I don't want to talk about it.
And he repeated it the next year after another Tech win.

Grizzard used to play tennis with Pepper Rodgers against Bobby Dodd and Bitsy Grant

20231120_180401.jpg

Back