The move is now on to buy out Braine....

bizzybee

Damn Good Rat
I cannot believe Clough would just say "NO" to big $$ alumni. If he did say that on the spot without even being willing to think it over, he better watch out where those big $$$ alumni donate their money from now on.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!
pat.gif

Some of you can get ready to scoff at my "insider" info, as you have in the past, but here it goes:
Several big-dollar alumni have just met with Pres. Clough and have told him that they are willing to buy out Braine's contract. Clough has told them no. Clough stated that he and the fan base are still supportive of Braine.
The word is going out to e-mail or write Clough as soon as possible if you want Braine gone. I was told that Clough's secretary's e-mail is carol.gue@carnegie.gatech.edu
I'm sending my e-mail today
BOO

Fans supportive of Braine? HA!

I know a lot of people (
wave.gif
) who are still miffed about the way he handled the Bobby Cremins situation. I was back in his corner after he hired Paul Hewitt, but this latest incident(s) is the last straw IMHO.

Originally posted by bobby dodds ghost:
Some of you can get ready to scoff at my "insider" info, as you have in the past, but here it goes:
Several big-dollar alumni have just met with Pres. Clough and have told him that they are willing to buy out Braine's contract. Clough has told them no. Clough stated that he and the fan base are still supportive of Braine.
The word is going out to e-mail or write Clough as soon as possible if you want Braine gone. I was told that Clough's secretary's e-mail is carol.gue@carnegie.gatech.edu
I'm sending my e-mail today
BOO
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I sent my email! Also think this is a good poll question.

I am not terribly impressed with Dave (Barnum & Bailey, there's a sucker born every minute) Braine myself. If we can make a change now I would vote for it. Irregardless, I support TECH 100%.

http://www.stingtalk.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003673#000023

*it is the seventh message down

Here is a quote from 83Jacket from 1/4/03:

Braine was hand picked by the President of Ga Tech and hired away from Va Tech. Braine and Clough have a relationship that goes back to when Clough was Dean of Engineering at VT. I doubt that Braine is forced to leave as long as Clough is here.

If true, it will be hard to pry the two apart.

I hope I haven't stepped on 83Jacket's toes by quoting him here.

Originally posted by 71Bee:
http://www.stingtalk.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003673#000023

*it is the seventh message down

Here is a quote from 83Jacket from 1/4/03:

Braine was hand picked by the President of Ga Tech and hired away from Va Tech. Braine and Clough have a relationship that goes back to when Clough was Dean of Engineering at VT. I doubt that Braine is forced to leave as long as Clough is here.

If true, it will be hard to pry the two apart.

I hope I haven't stepped on 83Jacket's toes by quoting him here.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Adams and Harrick at UGetA also had a relationship dating back to Pepperdine, and look what happened. As the situation becomes increasingly damaging politically and financially to the institution and himself, Clough will do what he has to do. If he doesn't, he should remember what happened to his predecessor.

A move to get Braine out...all and good, I guess. However, there needs to be a bigger move to get rid of Gailey. One weak coach, indeed.

I'm hearing DB wants $2M - Contributors scoff - more to come. Also, I heard the DB is fly fishing somewhere for 2 weeks. It's funny when I saw the picture and news conference naming the new Women's BB Coach ... I wondered why it was President Clough introducing her and not DB??????

How can GT allow their AD to go fly fishing for 2 weeks with this very serious situation hanging over everyone's head!!???????? The ship is sinking and all hands NEED TO BE ON DECK!

If Dave Braine has taken his personal leave during this time of turmoil (I don't care if it is his only 2 weeks a year - this comes with running the show), he should be gone. No questions asked. No buyout needed. Fire the guy.

It *will* be tough to get Braine out as Clough will stump for him. But it will not be impossible. Clough, like any good pres, is a politician. His constituency is made up of 2 groups: The Regents, and the Big Monied Alumni. And since Tech is so highly funded from outside of the states coffers, the Big Monied Alumn's have more pull than they might otherwise.

"You want that $5 million dollar Bio-med building? Then make a change in the ADs office". I've heard/seen it happen.

Agree TIAR. Fire him. And if Clough wants to continue this practice of paying for services not rendered, the buyout would be the best money ever spent.

I'd love for him to come in off that river with his flyfishing gear all wet and check that voicemail to say dont bother coming back.

Braine may be fly fishing.. but I received this automated reply in response to an email I sent him..

I will be speaking to the Colorado GT Club in Denver on May 22, and will return to the office after the Memorial Day holiday. I will respond to your e-mail at that time. Thank you.

Originally posted by jacketguy:
Braine may be fly fishing.. but I received this automated reply in response to an email I sent him..

I will be speaking to the Colorado GT Club in Denver on May 22, and will return to the office after the Memorial Day holiday. I will respond to your e-mail at that time. Thank you.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Must be fishing in Colorado - do we have a big alumni club there?

What a mature thread! I am so proud of the Tech "intellect" that you referred to elsewhere, MsTech.

AD Braine is not fly fishing for 2 wks. He is in Denver to speak to the Alumni group to help raise funds. Where does this crap come from?

I don't understand why there is a "buyout" involved. Do we really give multi-year contracts to the AD with buyout clauses?

If we do, that's ridiculous.

I want him gone, but it ain't going to happen unless we pull a 1, 2, 3, win season.

I've got the perfect solution of paying Braine his buy out. We can just tell him O'gone will pay him the 1.5 meg.

BDG is correct on this one. Several alumni wanted to buy out his contract earlier this year but could not put it together. Several now have been to see Braine and told him he should resign and then went to Clough and told him if he did not fire Braine they were going to buy out Braines' contract. Trouble is that CLough is about as clueless as Braine when it comes to athletics

Back