the negativity on this board

Originally posted by beeware:

The bottom line is that the people that post on these boards actually watch the games. They see with their own eyes what is happening. That is when the resume smoke begins to dissipate and the harsh reality of what is really going on sets in. A bitter pill to swallow.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">___________________________________________

BINGO ! Thats the element that seems to be missing....The understanding that we actually go to the games and witness whats going on, ie, the "end product", and assess that, as opposed to what "might happen" in the future.

Originally posted by Gold Rush:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by beeware:

The bottom line is that the people that post on these boards actually watch the games. They see with their own eyes what is happening. That is when the resume smoke begins to dissipate and the harsh reality of what is really going on sets in. A bitter pill to swallow.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">___________________________________________

BINGO ! Thats the element that seems to be missing....The understanding that we actually go to the games and witness whats going on, ie, the "end product", and assess that, as opposed to what "might happen" in the future.[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Gold Rush and Beeware:Are you saying a simple observation of a typical effort by a Tech football team last year is better than a 1000 word spin effort by anyone in the pro-Gailey camp for believing what the future holds for Tech football under Coach Gailey?

By the same token, if someone post a "1000 word spin effort on Gailey", are they an idiot? Your post seems to indicate that the only view that could possibly be taken is the one to which you ascribe?

The truth is somewhere in the middle, not on the extremes.

It is the incessant drum beat of the few posters, that constantly complain about others opinions, that tend to beat the negativity drum.
I have never understood anyone being afraid of someone's else's opinion.
A little honest debate is not negative.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beeware...that might be the single most hypocritcal
post I've ever read on the internet...and I've read
quite a few things since I started with usenet
groups back in 1991.

You of all people have no right to comment on
any "incessant drum beating" the way you throw your
pro-Mac agenda around any coaching thread.

The drum that gets beat around here the most is
yours!

I wasn't going to chime in on this one, but your
holier-than-thou response here is ludicrous!

Originally posted by Dr. B:
By the same token, if someone post a "1000 word spin effort on Gailey", are they an idiot? Your post seems to indicate that the only view that could possibly be taken is the one to which you ascribe?

The truth is somewhere in the middle, not on the extremes.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Dr.B,
Seems like a strange question since he said nothing about being an idiot. Simply put, watching the games will give you a much better idea of what is really going on. The ugag game is a good one to watch (if you can stomach it) because it shows were we stand after a full year of CG and the amount of, or lack of, improvement the team made over the season.

Also, regarding your last statement...the truth is the truth, wherever it may be found.

Note to Cracker Jacket:
Unlike you, I never complain about someone else's opinion. And my only agenda is a pro-TECH agenda and against anything that tears down what Coach O'leary and others worked so long and hard to build up.

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:

Beeware...that might be the single most hypocritcal
groups back in 1991.

yours!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I was gonna respond directly to BW, but I'll just say "Ditto" to your post. Of course, there's no debating BW. He lives in his own world.

Note to Cracker Jacket:
Unlike you, I never complain about someone else's opinion. And my only agenda is a pro-TECH agenda and against anything that tears down what Coach O'leary and others worked so long and hard to build up.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Stow it Beeware.

The only difference between you and I is that you
slyly avoid directly confronting anyone. You simply
beat that old, worn out drum and spew tired rhetoric
in direct opposition of the poster you disagree with.

This allows you to sit back and act angelic when a
fellow poster takes offense to your constant attacks
on our alma mater.

Your only agenda is anti-Gailey, pure and simple.

amusing to read responses to this thread. i am sorry that i didn't clearly state what was on my mind.

this thread was directed to the ABC crowd .. who don't think Tech has a chance under Gailey.

all i wanted to point out was that while this crowd doesn't give Tech under Gailey a chance in hell, do they still expect him to win 8+ games and take us to a post season game?

i was wondering how can Tech do that under Gailey because of all the reasons that so many kindergarten students (those who keep repeating ABC) have pointed out.

what i wanted was a discussion on how we can win 8+ games despite Chan Gailey because we surely cannot win in spite of him as we are led to believe by the negative thought police.

the answer i would expect from them would be that there is no way in hell that we can win 8+ games under Gailey.

so i want a discussion on how many games we'll win and more importantly what would constitute failure. that way we can establish a bench mark for the ABC crowd and see how Gailey fares in the W-L column next year against the ABC standard.

very amusing to read beeware's post about "making people think" in a certain way whereas that is what he strives to do in every post. i don't deny that i want people to have a positive outlook too, but i'm not being a hypocrite about it.

it is also very amusing to read MsTechAnalysis' response to every thread where negativity is bashed, since she never tries to stop "personal attacks" on any FOCers (which is a personal attack in itself). I would love to see MsTechAnalysis point out that Beeware calling Bellyseries a "lapdog" is uncalled for .. or didn't she come across that thread? she seems to follow these boards very thoroughly so i assume she did, maybe i'm wrong.

lawbee .. you state that you cannot understand where my post comes from, for which i apologize because i didn't clearly state my thoughts. but after that you make so many assumptions and then bash me on the basis of those assumptions. law school training is invaluable.

lawbee, why would i take a shot at this board? this board is a website, i am taking a shot at the kindergarten students. i want them to come forth and state what they truly expect the outcome to be next season under the coach that can be replaced by "anyone".

statelinejacket, my words are always drivel to you, that's fine. you're a bottomline guy looking at only Ws and Ls. How many Ws will we have to rack up next season to prove to y'all kindergarten kiddos that y'all are wrong?

one more point, is there a gray area? there has to be .. the last resort to bash anyone with any hint of optimism .. the dreaded "mediocrity" cause if anyone is optimistic today, that person is accepting mediocrity.

so lay it down ...

Failure: 0 to x wins
Mediocrity: x to y wins
Success: y to z wins

what do the variables x, y and z mean to you? also tell us what you expect next year.

this is where i stand.
Failure: 0 to 5 wins
Mediocrity: 5 to 7 wins
Success: 8 wins+ and i expect us to have an 8 wins+ season

i base this on the fact that we just got through a 7 win season with poor QB play and tons of injuries especially RB.

IMO, those two positions are not going to deteriorate and there can only be improvement.

The biggest concern i have is our DBs because we lose the maximum number of starters there. I am hoping that the talent we have can compensate for the lack of experience in that position.

besides that, we should be able to improve in all aspects of the game. so i will hope and expect for an 8+ W season.

i'll take an 8+ winning season to be a success next year based on the schedule we have. if we post 6-7 Ws, that would be more or less status quo. if we go below 6 wins, that is failure and i will have concerns and questions.

Originally posted by CrackerJacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by beeware:
It is the incessant drum beat of the few posters, that constantly complain about others opinions, that tend to beat the negativity drum.
I have never understood anyone being afraid of someone's else's opinion.
A little honest debate is not negative.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Beeware...that might be the single most hypocritcal
groups back in 1991.

yours!

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I was going to stay out of this too, Cracker, since I might well be a "drum-beater", and since I just posted my dismay (once again) in another thread, regarding the unrelieved negativity toward Chan from some of us. But you are right, this post from Beeware takes the cake.

Beeware, get it right: You can have any stupid or brilliant opinion you want to have, okay? When someone else says it is stupid, boring, and tiresome, that does not mean he is "afraid" of it, it means he thinks it is STUPID, BORING, and TIRESOME.

Your political opinions resonate with me; your attitude toward the GT program, insofar as it involves CG and DB, I find stupid, boring, tiresome, ungenerous, unverifiable, self-righteous, and vain. If you insist on saying the same thing over and over, you, like me, are going to have to take the consequence of learning that some of us find it distasteful.

Anyone else whom that shoe fits may also wear it. It is absurd to get on a public board, state a hostile opinion, and then pout when other people don't like that opinion.

belly,
Enjoyed the reply. Kind of reminded me of the old commercial where the guy says...

"You can call me Ray. Or you can call me Jay. You can call me R.J., Or you can call me J.R. But don't have to call me Mr. Johnson!".
wink.gif

Drat. And I was about to ask for a straight reply..

EDIT: Maybe I missed something in BW's post?
confused.gif

Let's all shake hands and be friends. There is really not a bad person on our board but we are all frustrated and can't agree upon the best route to our goals. And the goal of each of us is to see our Jackets Thrive.

ylojk8:
You just proved my point in your response to my post about calling people out directly. You have a great tendency to go back and quote previous posting for your benefit of thought. Well, if you are doing that would you please find the ones that I took direct hits at like you have?

I have always answered a post with my direct feelings ... you don't agree so you call me out directly! That's the negative of this board - things that you do yourself! You have called me a person who is not enchanted with our present coach - True! I have always told my children NEVER TO LIE! Your bashing of other posters who are not in line with you is getting extremely old!

I responded to your original post as to why you are finding negatives on this board and you turned it around to make "direct hits"! I don't mind at all the disagreement with me on our coach but why in the world you continue your assaults!
My children read this board and they cannot comprehend some of the "attack mode" writings.

There was a time here that I was asked by my family to not comment because of your direct hits on what "I" want to say or that of others. My 16 year old even said, "who is he, he doesn't even know you." I told her it was you passion but I'm beginning to believe it's your personality!

MsTechAnalysis .. you are not enchanted by our head coach, you never lie.

I am not enchanted by you and i never lie either.

I do not even know you, and you do not know our head coach either.

You have a limited window into what our head coach impacts and you base your opinion about him based on that limited window.

I have a limited window to look at your thoughts and posts and i base my opinion about you based on that limited window.

MsTech,
Bottom line....when they can't debate the message....they must shoot the messenger.

It must be a law. This quote sums it up:

"In ancient times and in classical literature, a person delivering bad news would often meet an untimely and unpleasant demise. Today we don’t kill the messenger, but sometimes we subject them to various forms of abuse — deliberately or not — and therefore discourage others from coming forward.."

Keep up the good work.

belly,
Enjoyed the reply. Kind of reminded me of the old commercial where the guy says...

"You can call me Ray. Or you can call me Jay. You can call me R.J., Or you can call me J.R. But don't have to call me Mr. Johnson!".
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL! You're right, I was getting on a roll there! Didn't that guy always wind up with "...but you doesn't have to call me Johnson!" He was a repeating character on some variety show even before he did the ad.

I base my opinion on our coach on what I saw on the field this season. I also base it on 29 years of having some insight into the game itself and following this program.

I am not an advocate of you liking me or even knowing me and I will continue to post my feelings good, bad or indifferent! And as usual if they don't agree with yours, I'll wait for your direct hits!

Back