The Official Final CFP Rankings Thread

Yeah, of course Ole Miss and Miss St deserved to jump other teams even when they didn't play.

[argh, what bs]

I normally don't buy into conspiracy theories, but my guess is there was some bowl jockeying going on here. I'm not going to complain, I think playing Mississippi State is a much more compelling matchup for us than playing Michigan State...as an ACC school we should be thrilled to get a shot against a top SEC school.

I finally had an opportunity to look over the new rankings.

-Arizona ahead of GT is a joke.
-Ole Miss, third in their division, shouldn't be ahead of GT either.
-No problem with KSU being ahead of us.
-We should be 10th
-Even though I'd rather play Miss St instead of Mich St, how does an idle Miss St jump an idle Mich St ...just stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter. Arizona beat a weakened Oregon who is number two. Whichever MSU we play accomplishes the same thing. It is probably better for us to beat another SEC team than one from a perceived weak conference. We are in the Orange Bowl, hard to complain about that.

I guess Michigan State's resume somehow took a hit along with Wisconsin? I really have no idea.

I normally don't buy into conspiracy theories, but my guess is there was some bowl jockeying going on here. I'm not going to complain, I think playing Mississippi State is a much more compelling matchup for us than playing Michigan State...as an ACC school we should be thrilled to get a shot against a top SEC school.

By swapping MSUs, the B1G netted about $11 million dollars. Payout for Cotton is higher and they avoid losing their high paying Citrus bowl spot.

In addition that citrus bowl spot was taken by Wisconsin. Alvarez, Wisconsin AD, is on the playoff committee.

I finally had an opportunity to look over the new rankings.

-Arizona ahead of GT is a joke.
-Ole Miss, third in their division, shouldn't be ahead of GT either.
-No problem with KSU being ahead of us.
-We should be 10th
-Even though I'd rather play Miss St instead of Mich St, how does an idle Miss St jump an idle Mich St ...just stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.
Agreed.
Agreed.
Agreed.
Agreed.

Arizona gets hammered in its conference title game. We lose by two points in ours against an undefeated team. And we're still behind Arizona? I think after their top six, they just started drawing numbers out of a hat while doing shots of Patron.

Back