The Official Final CFP Rankings Thread

Not sure how Mississippi State jumped Michigan State when neither team played a game and the winners of both of their divisions won their championships convincingly.

I would have preferred Michigan State because we rarely ever play the Big 10, but this will be fun.

Kirk has been great for us. Even Jimbo went out of his way to compliment us every chance he had.

Much more excited to play Mississippi State than Michigan State. Let's notch another win over the SEC!

12? I waited through church, a men's club meeting, lunch, getting a tree with my GF ...all for12?

That's BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12? I waited through church, a men's club meeting, lunch, getting a tree with my GF ...all for12?

That's BS

I'm mad too. I have kept a level head through everything, but the potential to land in the Top 10 of the final CFP ranking had me excited. Oh well.

I'm mad too. I have kept a level head through everything, but the potential to land in the Top 10 of the final CFP ranking had me excited. Oh well.

Doesn't another poll come after the season? If we beat Miss St. def top 10

You wanted us to jump in the rankings after a loss? Where do you think we play, the SEC? :naughty:

The AP and Coaches will be the only final polls. That means for the first time where CFP has us lower than AP and coaches it won't matter. We are 10 in AP and 9 in coaches. Beat MSU who is 7 in both and we may crack top 8 in both.

How the hell does Miss St jump Mich St in the CFP poll when both were idle? I'm not upset about - probably better for all teams involved, but it seems clear that bowl matchups/locations were considered when ranking the teams. Weird to have a poll that isn't ranking the teams in order of how good they are.

How is Arizona ranked ahead of us?

They beat UTSA and Nevada by a combined 11 points. Which is 2 fewer than the combined total of all our losses.

So there's that.

12 is fine. Half of the top ten will lose their next game. If we win the Orange Bowl we will be in the 7-8 range. If we lose, we'll still be in the top 15. The key is we weren't able to be jumped by Clemson and passed Georgia based on a great showing in the ACCCG.

Never forget.

B4RT1YfCIAA2Lb9.jpg

You wanted us to jump in the rankings after a loss? Where do you think we play, the SEC? :naughty:
Yeah, of course Ole Miss and Miss St deserved to jump other teams even when they didn't play.

[argh, what bs]

12 is fine. Half of the top ten will lose their next game. If we win the Orange Bowl we will be in the 7-8 range. If we lose, we'll still be in the top 15. The key is we weren't able to be jumped by Clemson and passed Georgia based on a great showing in the ACCCG.

Do they do another poll? What would be the point. We're 9/10 in the coaches/AP so a win would bump us up to ~6 probably.

I finally had an opportunity to look over the new rankings.

-Arizona ahead of GT is a joke.
-Ole Miss, third in their division, shouldn't be ahead of GT either.
-No problem with KSU being ahead of us.
-We should be 10th
-Even though I'd rather play Miss St instead of Mich St, how does an idle Miss St jump an idle Mich St ...just stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back