The Paul Johnson Era

I don't care about the spread. We should have beaten this team like we did Syracuse. We're going to lose two out of our last three because I've seen nothing to indicate otherwise. The offense is broke and that's on CPJ.

I'll see you at the A&M game.

Pitt was 4-3 with 2 losses coming to ranked teams, and we should have beaten them 56-0, the biggest ACC margin of victory by GT EVER?

You're an asshole, dude. Give it a rest. The offense played badly tonight but it's obviously fixable. I think 20+ years of consistently good offenses earns PJ some benefit of the doubt with his offense.

pitt was 4-3 with 2 losses coming to ranked teams, and we should have beaten them 56-0, the biggest acc margin of victory by gt ever?

You're an asshole, dude. Give it a rest. The offense played badly tonight but it's obviously fixable. I think 20+ years of consistently good offenses earns pj some benefit of the doubt with his offense.

+100

Pitt was 4-3 with 2 losses coming to ranked teams, and we should have beaten them 56-0, the biggest ACC margin of victory by GT EVER?

You're an asshole, dude. Give it a rest. The offense played badly tonight but it's obviously fixable. I think 20+ years of consistently good offenses earns PJ some benefit of the doubt with his offense.

How late in the season does it need to go for you not to call it fixable? We'd have only won a couple of games with our previous defenses. I see the problems and on the offensive side of the ball, tonight is the rule, not the exception.

I liked this win a lot. Sometimes it seems we can only win when it's easy - with everything going our way like the Syracuse game. Tonight we had to beat a decent team playing great defense with a tackle that was making life miserable. The defense had to keep standing tall under pressure and they did not back down. The offense had to make a gut check drive late to get the win. I like winning a close game where you overcome some adversity and win without playing your best.

How late in the season does it need to go for you not to call it fixable? We'd have only won a couple of games with our previous defenses. I see the problems and on the offensive side of the ball, tonight is the rule, not the exception.

The offense has underachieved all season, we get it. The offensive line has been ravaged by injuries and the upperclassmen have not played well at all. Vad is clearly a first year starter, but I think he has definitely improved.

It may not start clicking this year, which is frustrating, but it's not the end of the world and it öööö sure wouldn't be better if we blew everything up and started over. We just won a conference game against an average team by 11 points. I'll take it in a heartbeat.

It's remarkable that not even double digit victories over ACC foes can diminish the capacities of some Stingtalkers to speak fluent Whinese. :bigcry:

I liked this win a lot. Sometimes it seems we can only win when it's easy - with everything going our way like the Syracuse game. Tonight we had to beat a decent team playing great defense with a tackle that was making life miserable. The defense had to keep standing tall under pressure and they did not back down. The offense had to make a gut check drive late to get the win. I like winning a close game where you overcome some adversity and win without playing your best.

I'm not bashing the win, just what it continues to portend. We're mired in the middle of a crappy conference and we're not showing any hope in moving forward. Maybe that's enough for you, but we can do better than the 7 wins we aspire to this year.

So, a team facing a similar offense for a second week performed better the second time?!

Get the öööö right out of town

Sure playing Navy helped them some, point is if we are close to Navy level of takent and execution on O that is just sad

38 vs. Duke (2nd most points allowed by Duke)
30 vs. Miami (2nd most points allowed by Miami)
56 vs. Syracuse (most points allowed by Syracuse)
35 vs. Virginia...obviously the drive-killing turnovers kept us from hanging 50+ on them

We've had some decent games on offense. It's not been a banner year, but there are glimmers of hope. No reason for a full assault of negativity.

Sure playing Navy helped them some, point is if we are close to Navy level of takent and execution on O that is just sad

I think you're overthinking it. We beat UVA. UVA beat BYU. BYU beat Texas. Texas beat Oklahoma. Oklahoma beat Notre Dame. Notre Dame beat USC. USC beat Utah. Utah beat Stanford. Doesn't mean we're better than Stanford.

38 vs. Duke (2nd most points allowed by Duke)
30 vs. Miami (2nd most points allowed by Miami)
56 vs. Syracuse (most points allowed by Syracuse)
35 vs. Virginia...obviously the drive-killing turnovers kept us from hanging 50+ on them

We've had some decent games on offense. It's not been a banner year, but there are glimmers of hope. No reason for a full assault of negativity.

I'm not fully negative. The defense is absolutely a bright sign. The offense isn't. Virginia kept in the game and they are bad. I was willing to write that win off as a bad offensive performance. The preponderance of the evidence gives me a lot of doubt. It didn't matter who we played, the offense put up points a few years ago and that isn't happening now, Why?

We are only the #3 rushing team in the nation, it Is obviously not working
Last year we were #2 - we are clearly going backwards!
In 2011, we were only #3 in the nation - unacceptable!

Scoring offense is not great but far from "horrible" at 34th in FBS

And yet we're only 6-3 with the two best teams on our schedule yet to come. We run a lot and even ööööty teams like Navy get on that list from shear repetition, not skill.

Looks like someone is in need of a pair of balls.

Guys, let's be nice to the OP, ok? It's gotta be tough to be happy when you live in ööööing Minnesota....pretty sure it leads the country in suicides, do you guys want the OP to off himself?

Regardless of HillNerds, how well our opponents played / did not play, the point spread, the homecoming dance or anything else,

I think we really, really need to stop the TOs & penalties. Somehow.

Surely the HillWipes would not object and hopefully not too many here would lose their jobs if we were able to accomplish that.

All well & good as long as one does not care about beating the other teams keeping us from doing what we need to do.

They love you in athens.

Back