They scored 38 points before we got the ball

Dumbass. We had the lead either in the fourth quarter or with mere minutes or seconds left in the game.

The defense straight up lost those for us.
You don’t laugh at yourself for berating Roof but giving Johnson a free pass? You’re funny.

You don’t laugh at yourself for berating Roof but giving Johnson a free pass? You’re funny.

Johnson has put together all time NCAA and all time GT offenses.

Roof is an embarrassment to the alma mater he allegedly loves. I mean this is round 2 for him sabotaging a Tech football season.

Haha. OK. Let’s play a game. I’ll list all the games where we leaned on the offense for 60 minutes for a W. You do the same for the D.

I’ll let you go first.

So, list ‘em.

It's trick question because we are supposed to be a marque offense. We are supposed to lean on the offense for the win in every game. We are the 'triple option coach doesn't carry a playcard team', not the '4-3 zone coach in the booth upstairs' team.

Johnson has put together all time NCAA and all time GT offenses.

Roof is an embarrassment to the alma mater he allegedly loves. I mean this is round 2 for him sabotaging a Tech football season.

Wait, so this was an all time NCAA and all time GT offense this year. Well then I stand corrected.

Wait, so this was an all time NCAA and all time GT offense this year. Well then I stand corrected.

Johnson can take Tech athletes and put together all time offenses.

Roof’s shining achievement in his career is being just not quite awful enough so Cam could still win him a MNC.

So wait, Gene freakin' Chizek can win a MNC with Roof's defense; but CPJ the offensive super genius can only go 5-6. How does that work in your head?

Why do always start acting so ööööing obtuse on purpose?

Do you remember what happened to Ted after Cam? How do you get run out of town coaching D at Auburn?

Congrats. I guess you win the argument since I have nothing against you saying it takes a Heisman trophy and all time great QB to make sure Roof doesn’t destroy your season.

Although, Joe Hamilton would argue that point.

So wait, Gene freakin' Chizek can win a MNC with Roof's defense; but CPJ the offensive super genius can only go 5-6. How does that work in your head?

Have you ever played the NCAA Football games where you turn the sliders all the way down on the opposing team and create a monster QB who just seems to bounce off defenders and never get tackled?

Well, that is exactly what Chizik had happen to him when Cam dropped into his lap. It certainly wasn't the defense that won things for them. Actually, that was one of the worst defenses I have ever seen win a championship.

Do try again, though.

Last edited:
Today was a team loss. We've simply gotten
used to the offense being able to bail out a bottom 30 def every year. I hope cpj has some coaching adjustments this off season.

Why do always start acting so ööööing obtuse on purpose?

Do you remember what happened to Ted after Cam? How do you get run out of town coaching D at Auburn?

Congrats. I guess you win the argument since I have nothing against you saying it takes a Heisman trophy and all time great QB to make sure Roof doesn’t destroy your season.

Although, Joe Hamilton would argue that point.

Yes, do you remember what happened to Auburn after they ran Roof off?

What your saying is that we can't win 6 games with an alleged all time NCAA offense. In which year during Ted's first stint as DC did GT fail to win 6 games?

Yes, do you remember what happened to Auburn after they ran Roof off?

What your saying is that we can't win 6 games with an alleged all time NCAA offense. In which year during Ted's first stint as DC did GT fail to win 6 games?

Seriously. You do this every time you engage someone on this board. You intentionally act obtuse.

Bye.

I said it last week. So easy to blame Roof. Those who are all about firing our DC for a third time under CPJ are delusional. DC is not the problem.

In all seriousness, do you feel another HC will do better and why?

Seriously. You do this every time you engage someone on this board. You intentionally act obtuse.

Bye.

Maybe this will clarify it for you. Auburn went in the toilet after Roof left, not because Roof left; but because he wasn't the problem. The problems at Auburn was much deeper than "fire Roof", the problem at GT is also much deeper than "fire Roof". Firing Roof did not fix the problem at Auburn and firing Roof will not fix the problem at GT. If going through 3 defensive coordinators doesn't show you that the problem isn't the defensive coordinator then I can't help you. Your solution is like replacing a light bulb when the power is out. It is the only solution you know so you keep replacing light bulbs (DC's) even though the same problem persists.

Maybe this will clarify it for you. Auburn went in the toilet after Roof left, not because Roof left; but because he wasn't the problem. The problems at Auburn was much deeper than "fire Roof", the problem at GT is also much deeper than "fire Roof". Firing Roof did not fix the problem at Auburn and firing Roof will not fix the problem at GT. If going through 3 defensive coordinators doesn't show you that the problem isn't the defensive coordinator then I can't help you. Your solution is like replacing a light bulb when the power is out. It is the only solution you know so you keep replacing light bulbs (DC's) even though the same problem persists.

Roof couldn’t succeed at factories. Why do you think he’ll be successful at a place like Tech?

His philosophy doesn't and can’t work at Tech.

I'm sorry, but if you think the recruiting deficiencies are on Roof, you are really clueless

It’s poking yet another hole in the ludicrous defense of Roof spending another second as Tech’s DC.

That’s the company line when you question him.

“He’s a good (great) recruiter”

Can you really look at our roster and find a playmaker on D? Those two conclusions don’t jive.

Back