Things you can do with an Ole Miss degree

Mississippi is a strange place. The entire state has a population less than half the size of metro Atlanta, and it's the first or second poorest state in the country. Simply going to college makes you high falutin, but you're in really high cotton if you're at Ole Miss. There isn't the same connection to the unwashed masses that you see in the other SEC schools imo. But really, they are just as redneck as anywhere else, just performative with a veneer of seersucker and Faulkner.
Mississippi's unwashed masses are LSU fans.

Whenever we've played Ole Miss (recently in a bowl game a few years back and last year), they never struck me as your typical rednecks..they were more like rednecks or southern gentry with $$...both the guys and girls. More refined than any SEC school fanbase that I've been in contact with (UT, UGAY, LSU, Vandy, etc). Thoughts?

Vandy fans are higher class, but Ole Miss is #2 in the SEC. Ole Miss fans remind me of Virginia fans.

rhett butler gifs | WiffleGif
Great movie

Whenever we've played Ole Miss (recently in a bowl game a few years back and last year), they never struck me as your typical rednecks..they were more like rednecks or southern gentry with $$...both the guys and girls. More refined than any SEC school fanbase that I've been in contact with (UT, UGAY, LSU, Vandy, etc). Thoughts?
I am finding it somewhat hard to participate in making fun of Ole Miss. I know quite a few of their graduates and, while they aren't particularly intelligent, they are certainly sufficiently educated. Every one of them I know seems somewhat successful in a Sales position or as owner operator of a small business. They also seem to all have well kept homes with moderately refined taste in furniture and decoration which meshes well with the Southern Gentry image.

I disagree with anyone who calls them redneck, they will not be found going mudding in lifted trucks. They may be found quail hunting on their property which they access with a truck with a sport package, but rest assured that it came that way from the dealer and no aftermarket modifications have been performed.

I get along with and understand these people quite well.

I will say, the one annoying thing is that when you talk about your work their eyes glaze over and it's abundantly clear that they can't conceptually grasp what you're talking about unless you simplify it to the point of absurdity.

I am finding it somewhat hard to participate in making fun of Ole Miss. I know quite a few of their graduates and, while they aren't particularly intelligent, they are certainly sufficiently educated. Every one of them I know seems somewhat successful in a Sales position or as owner operator of a small business. They also seem to all have well kept homes with moderately refined taste in furniture and decoration which meshes well with the Southern Gentry image.

I disagree with anyone who calls them redneck, they will not be found going mudding in lifted trucks. They may be found quail hunting on their property which they access with a truck with a sport package, but rest assured that it came that way from the dealer and no aftermarket modifications have been performed.

They could use their diplomas to help dry your big cry.

Edit: It’s all in good fun. My family has 3 generations of Ole Miss graduates. I broke off and we now have two generations at Tech.

They could use their diplomas to help dry your big cry.

Edit: It’s all in good fun. My family has 3 generations of Ole Miss graduates. I broke off and we now have two generations at Tech.
I wasn't upset or big crying. I just find it difficult to make fun of people so bland. I mean, these are chicken salad sandwich eating people.

I would assume that they have a serious contingent of redneck sidewalk fans, they are just too dirt poor to actually travel to college football games

I would assume that they have a serious contingent of redneck sidewalk fans, they are just too dirt poor to actually travel to college football games
The real redneck sidewalk fan would more likely be attracted to Mississippi State. Being one of their fans means you get to ring cow bells. The true redneck might also have some problems with Mississippi changing the plantation owner mascot and discontinuing the confederate flags.

I think all fanbases (even GT) has those that have lifted trucks... I have one too (factory lifted lol) but I do have an aftermarket air intake and exhaust system that the dealer installed. I don't have any issue with their fanbase at all. They're quite refined and aren't obnoxious for the most part. I know every fanbase has turds, just at what %. With that said, I do have an Ole Miss helmet in my NCAA helmet collection I'm quite proud of. The powder blue (Arch Manning) type one.

The real redneck sidewalk fan would more likely be attracted to Mississippi State. Being one of their fans means you get to ring cow bells. The true redneck might also have some problems with Mississippi changing the plantation owner mascot and discontinuing the confederate flags.

o_brother_pardoned-166.jpg

I wasn't upset or big crying. I just find it difficult to make fun of people so bland. I mean, these are chicken salad sandwich eating people.
Go to Keller, TX and try DeVivo Brothers chicken salad sandwich and you will come up with another example of blandness.

Back