This again. (conf expansion, ACC in talks with ND)

ronricks

Flats Noob
Keep telling yourself that
Telling myself what? That Notre Dame is a mediocre program now and hasn't won anything worth mentioning in 30 years? We have a more recent NC than they do. We have bigger Bowl Wins in that time frame than they do. This isn't the 1980's and their NBC contract is no longer an advantage because just about any program is on tv every weekend now. The Notre Dame mystique is gone. You can keep living in the past but I won't.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Telling myself what? That Notre Dame is a mediocre program now and hasn't won anything worth mentioning in 30 years? We have a more recent NC than they do. We have bigger Bowl Wins in that time frame than they do. This isn't the 1980's and their NBC contract is no longer an advantage because just about any program is on tv every weekend now. The Notre Dame mystique is gone. You can keep living in the past but I won't.
Have you seen the crowds they pull, dumbass? Who the öööö can we add to the ACC that is going to sellout BDS?

Have you noticed their impact on our ESPN deal?

G776T

Not pastor material.
They were in the national championship game this decade and they dictate to the conference we are currently in what they want to do, and the acc submits like a bitch.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
They were in the national championship game this decade and they dictate to the conference we are currently in what they want to do, and the acc submits like a bitch.
Yep, and rich kids pay high class whores even though they didn't earn their money.

ND brings money.

THWUGA

Dodd-Like except wouldn't have left the SEC
With Notre Dame and Syracuse, the ACC would already control the NYC market. Brando is talking nonsense. If the ACC adds UConn, it's because they either don't understand the NYC media market, or they are making a move for basketball. Either way it would be a brand and revenue dilution - a very bad move.

UCF is the no-brainer move from an athletic perspective. Largest enrollment in the country. Perfect geographic fit in a state within the ACC footprint that will never stop growing long-term. Fills up the entire state of Florida with the ACC logo.

No they aren't GT or Duke or UNC academically but they are much improved. Despite their enormous enrollment, admission rates are going down and academic rankings are improving.

Must remember, this is a 100-year decision.

05GTCorndog

Staff member
Question: What other team gets the sweetheart 'half entrance' deal the ACC offered ND?

Answer: No one

Now sit down and shut up.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
With Notre Dame and Syracuse, the ACC would already control the NYC market. Brando is talking nonsense. If the ACC adds UConn, it's because they either don't understand the NYC media market, or they are making a move for basketball. Either way it would be a brand and revenue dilution - a very bad move.

UCF is the no-brainer move from an athletic perspective. Largest enrollment in the country. Perfect geographic fit in a state within the ACC footprint that will never stop growing long-term. Fills up the entire state of Florida with the ACC logo.

No they aren't GT or Duke or UNC academically but they are much improved. Despite their enormous enrollment, admission rates are going down and academic rankings are improving.

Must remember, this is a 100-year decision.
plus soooo many hot girls

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I could live with UCF. I would lead a revolt with UCONN. Navy shouldn't be in the discussion

gtphd

What a time to be alive
I agree with the above, but I'll add that most people point to Navy or UConn because they'd accept. More natural fits like Penn State or Michigan State probably wouldn't leave their current conference.

UCF doesn't fit academically and I think you're over valuing their perception in Florida. Florida is basically split into FSU, UF, and Miami, with passing interest in USF, UCF, FAU. UCF is large, but it's the Georgia State of Florida.

JJacket

Nobody cares about academics. Time you learned that nobody cares. If anybody cared, UNC's sports programs would be suspended for at least a couple of years.

Architorture23

Nobody cares about academics. Time you learned that nobody cares. If anybody cared, UNC's sports programs would be suspended for at least a couple of years.
unfortunate but true. ucf is academically very similar to louisville.

THWUGA

Dodd-Like except wouldn't have left the SEC
I agree with the above, but I'll add that most people point to Navy or UConn because they'd accept. More natural fits like Penn State or Michigan State probably wouldn't leave their current conference.
You misspelled "definitely". Also, Michigan State wouldn't add anything for the NYC market. Michigan would. But again, only incrementally. With Syracuse and ND, the NYC market is already ours, so move on.

UConn adds nothing. Zero. Navy would add more (DC area, national reach, Army-Navy game every other year on the ACC Network if possible), but still not an ideal choice.

UCF doesn't fit academically and I think you're over valuing their perception in Florida. Florida is basically split into FSU, UF, and Miami, with passing interest in USF, UCF, FAU. UCF is large, but it's the Georgia State of Florida.
This decision can't be made based on academics with the ACC Network starting up. UCF has a far better athletic program than GA State - the two aren't remotely in the same league athletically.

Edit: close tags

05GTCorndog

Staff member
unfortunate but true. ucf is academically very similar to louisville.
That isn't even close to accurate.

UCF has a 49% acceptance rate and average SAT scores of 1263.

Louisville has a 72% acceptance rate and an average SAT score of 1160.

gtphd

What a time to be alive

Both are similarly ranked, and neither are good fits for the ACC. Louisville made promises they subsequently didn't keep. ACC presidents won't let that happen again.

JJacket

Both are similarly ranked, and neither are good fits for the ACC. Louisville made promises they subsequently didn't keep. ACC presidents won't let that happen again.
Nerds.

The ACC presidents ought to go audit UNC.

Architorture23

My apologies to all of the hot girls at UCF. Sounds like theyre more like the UGA of Florida rather than the Ga State of Florida.

(Lou is ranked 171 and UCF 176, fwiw.)

goldmember

Damn Good Rat

I agree with your overall point but not many people in Florida care about Miami, even when they are winning.