This is how little Geoff thinks of you

Collins' future:

1637462805401.png

LOL you think this coaching staff has anything that Satan needs?

Good one.

Which of the number of failed coaches that Saban has hired did he "need"? Anyway, it was just a joke prompted by their prior experience together and Saban's propensity to bring in failed head coaches.

Which of the number of failed coaches that Saban has hired did he "need"? Anyway, it was just a joke prompted by their prior experience together and Saban's propensity to bring in failed head coaches.

Satan has brought in head coaches that have failed because of off field behavior, not because they sucked at coaching.

Big, big difference.

If we want to have success at GT, we are going to have to bring in one of these flawed humans that actually knows how to coach football and hope that they can walk the straight and narrow while they are here.

Satan has brought in head coaches that have failed because of off field behavior, not because they sucked at coaching.

Big, big difference.

If we want to success at GT, we are going to have to bring in one of these flawed humans that actually knows how to coach football and hope that they can walk the straight and narrow while they are here.

Eh, I mean he brought in Butch Jones...

But I agree with your last point. I'd be ecstatic with hiring Hugh Freeze.

Art Briles

Great coach, but I think that one would be much more difficult. No college program will touch him right now, and when even rumors crop up, there's a swift backlash and the talk dissolves. I think Freeze's indiscretions are easier to shrug off since they weren't program-wide and didn't involve something as serious as sexual assault. And he's also a good bit younger than Briles.

More than likely we'll have to suffer through another year of ELITE coaching, anyway.

Great coach, but I think that one would be much more difficult.

You’re right. Freeze isn’t a bad shout either (and less baggage than Briles).

I figure if we are shopping from the scratch and dent aisle, I’m fine with giving a winner with baggage a second chance so to speak.

You’re right. Freeze isn’t a bad shout either (and less baggage than Briles).

I figure if we are shopping from the scratch and dent aisle, I’m fine with giving a winner with baggage a second chance so to speak.
If we are going that route let’s just go for Butch Davis.

Great coach, but I think that one would be much more difficult. No college program will touch him right now, and when even rumors crop up, there's a swift backlash and the talk dissolves. I think Freeze's indiscretions are easier to shrug off since they weren't program-wide and didn't involve something as serious as sexual assault. And he's also a good bit younger than Briles.

More than likely we'll have to suffer through another year of ELITE coaching, anyway.
I say öööö controversey winning is winning!

It's just hard to imagine the requisite support building for a Briles hire.
Has my support in full I get what your saying but, the only way that gets broughg up is if the sports media choses to do that.

Has my support in full I get what your saying but, the only way that gets broughg up is if the sports media choses to do that.

I mean it would absolutely get brought up and be not just a local topic, but a national one. He couldn't even get a job as the OC at Southern Miss because of it.

I think it was a defensive answer because he knows he's a dead man walking. I don't think it means he hates the fans so much as knowing he already lost them and is going to focus on the team.

I think it was a defensive answer because he knows he's a dead man walking. I don't think it means he hates the fans so much as knowing he already lost them and is going to focus on the team.
It didn't strike me that way immediately but a non-Tech friend of mine interpreted it the way you just described, so I reread it. And honestly, it does read exactly like things I've heard coaches say when they knew they were toast.

Back