This is how little Geoff thinks of you

Satan has brought in head coaches that have failed because of off field behavior, not because they sucked at coaching.

Butch Jones says hello. No off field issues, and stayed at bama making $20k just long enough to milk UT out of the full buyout. C***** definitely is headed to the Saban school of coaching rehab.

20211120_154007.jpg

all his talk of branding when he got here...
This - that image - is now our brand. That's our brand.

all his talk of branding when he got here...
This - that image - is now our brand. That's our brand.

Gives me hope that maybe our next coach will recognize this and actually wear gold. And pants that cover his ankles. And maybe not wear ridiculous vests over t-shirts. Holy öööö get us away from this brand

and me and all of us. He can’t even be bothered to speak to the fans because his fragile ego won’t allow him to. Yeah, that’ll grow the 404.
4247B4BE-2136-433F-918C-008849C5B73D.jpeg
Makes me wonder if he is starting to lose some of the Players. I don't know but if he is that would be the kiss of death

Maybe you were down on the Yellow Jackets after they lost their third consecutive game and fourth in five. If so, Geoff Collins didn’t want to hear it. Georgia Tech’s coach said then that only the haters couldn’t see the program’s progress. The Jackets were losing, but the margins were better.

That was two losses and one embarrassing effort ago. Days after Collins’ defiant declaration after losing to Miami on Nov. 6, his favored Jackets lost at home to Boston College. Then Tech went to South Bend on Saturday and confirmed that, contrary to the coach’s protestations, his program is going backward.

The Jackets lost 55-0 at Notre Dame. It’s the largest losing margin for Tech in a shutout since at least the 2000 season. The Jackets (3-8) have lost five games in a row since beating Duke, which has lost seven consecutive. Tech’s 2-6 ACC record is worse than all league teams except Duke (0-7).

The most damning indictment of Collins’ work is Tech’s decline on defense. The Jackets’ defense was conventional when he arrived, even if it wasn’t the priority. It was supposed to be better with Collins, a former defensive coordinator. Instead, Tech’s bad pass defense somehow keeps getting worse.

The thing is- it cost him absolutely nothing to reach out to the fans. It is not the fans OR the team. It's so easy to be both. What a moron. Just say "I know the fans are hungry for wins- so are we. The locker room is really hurting- but we need the fans now more than ever. Please stick with us." It's not a mutually exclusive thing at all.

Given where this is and has been heading the last few weeks- TStan should've coached Collins on this better. No reason at all to be splitting the fans from the team. Stupid.

Look, some öööö I throw against the wall sticks.

He has a recent Natty and needs to work his way back into the game, I think he can be had for cheap. I also don't think our primary female demographic is his type.
His greatest skill was assistants. Once those left it was bad.

Coach O is only good at recruiting and d coordinator. Not good running a program. He would fail miserably at GT.

Would love to see Kendal Briles and if possible bring in his dad as an analyst or something out of the light. Bring back D-Mo and create some feel good story about how they have become best friends while he has succeeded in changing Briles life. Keep TC! Then tell Kendal he has 2m to grab the best dc he can find. GT can find the money, they just don’t want to.

Interesting. What I now believe is that Collins is a cult leader and the team are his flock - we are the outsiders - the heathen blasphemers. His incompetence drives his flock into deeper despair which drives them closer to him and further from the skeptics.

Seems we have our own version of David Koresh or that dude in Guyana.
Jim Jones, drink the koolaid. 11/18/78, 43 yrs and 2 days before we “bent over” in South Bend. Tstan should read his history. It’s repeating just in a different fashion.

His greatest skill was assistants. Once those left it was bad.

This seems a conundrum to me. I don't disagree with you, but if all these coaches are great because of assistants, why can't we find some of these assistants to coach our program.

It's hard for me to believe all these HCs are braindead and just lean on the people underneath constantly.....that would be too much like the public sector and they're making too much money to be that terrible.

Maybe I'm just in the wrong line of work.

This seems a conundrum to me. I don't disagree with you, but if all these coaches are great because of assistants, why can't we find some of these assistants to coach our program.

It's hard for me to believe all these HCs are braindead and just lean on the people underneath constantly.....that would be too much like the public sector and they're making too much money to be that terrible.

Maybe I'm just in the wrong line of work.
O had a highly paid and highly regarded staff for like 2 years. One to build and another for magic.

Back