this is our punishment because stansbury did not support johnson

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
spending more wasn't going to improve our previously-ööööty recruiting. Total fallacy.
Jesus. That’s stupid.

More money to Johnson wouldn’t produce Collins level but it would have helped. Don’t say stupid öööö on purpose.

And more money to a program isn’t just recruiting. It’s game planning, player development, etc.

BackstreetBuzz

GT fan for 60+ years
We were slightly more competitive today than the past two years. We were not completely out of it till the second half today, the past 2 years it was over after 1 quarter.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
Jesus. That’s stupid.
Quality reply.

I don't get it - "PJ's system was great because it recruited the kids other schools didn't want". How would more money make that wonderful system any better?

PJ's system was the equivalent of the Island of Misfit Toys. Trains with square wheels, etc. It was nice, in the way a kindergartener's art work gets put on the fridge is nice but it had run the course.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
Quality reply.

I don't get it - "PJ's system was great because it recruited the kids other schools didn't want". How would more money make that wonderful system any better?

PJ's system was the equivalent of the Island of Misfit Toys. Trains with square wheels, etc.
I snuck in a ninja edit.

More money is getting support staff to help with game planning, teaching in the unit rooms, weight/conditioning/nutritional staff, etc.

More money doesn’t HAVE to be towards recruiting for it to help your program.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
I snuck in a ninja edit.

More money is getting support staff to help with game planning, teaching in the unit rooms, weight/conditioning/nutritional staff, etc.

More money doesn’t HAVE to be towards recruiting for it to help your program.
We got some of that in 2011 with a new indoor practice facility that was "state of the art" at the time. No real improvement in recruiting though.

The ninja edit is appreciated.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
We got some of that in 2011 with a new indoor practice facility that was "state of the art" at the time. No real improvement in recruiting though.

The ninja edit is appreciated.
And soon there after we were over $100M behind Duke in donations/athletic spending.

This öööö isn’t happening in a vacuum, and it’s not being adequately address if we truly want to unleash the beast that is Collins. He’s still being asked to fight with one hand behind his back. He’s skilled, but that’s not really fair to ask him to do that year after year after year.

18in32

Petard Hoister
What an amazingly clean game Georgie played! Zero penalty yards! The officials were not fooled by all the times our defensive players in the second half jerked themselves to the ground instead of rushing the quarterback.

Meanwhile, our players were obviously dirty, like that blatant pass interference penalty we committed at a key time. Ya know, a lesser official would have seen that ball way behind and over the receiver and out of bounds as uncatchable.
The officiating sucked but had zero impact on this game

18in32

Petard Hoister
It’s funny you say just wait a few years in a thread where we’re talking about GT is a few years from being dead ööööing last in the entire P65 teams in athletic spending.
Cite please. This ain’t true

18in32

Petard Hoister
spending more wasn't going to improve our previously-ööööty recruiting. Total fallacy.

It'll be interesting to see how many of our "Fans" hate success under CGC in a few years.
Why would anyone hate success? Does not compute

goldbybirth

This space for rent

UGag was the 4th top 15 defense we played this year with an offensive roster built for a very specific style of football. If we end up with a top-25 recruiting class with players that fit the type of offense and defense CGC wants to run, then I'm happy. No, if we start the season looking inept on offense I'll :ughrun:

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I’m a little surprised how many of you expected to be more competitive against uga this year. We are 3-4 years out from being competitive against top teams on a consistent basis.
I don't think anyone was expecting to win this year; but I don't many were expecting the worst loss ever in the series.

sboyer3

Varsity Lurker
At least for the last 2 seasons of PJ, we were nothing BUT individual talent. Every other play was TQM or TO running QB Keepers. 100% individual talent plays. WRs completely ignored.
Atleast it won 7 games in 2018 and never once did it get shut out twice in one season. (Yes, I am considering scoring 2 points against Temple as a shut out).

Maybe this was a throw away season where we tried different schemes. Will we get better with "better" talent? Who knows. We need to establish what type of offense we want to run first before worrying about players. I can't tell if we are trying to be like Oregon/Duke/tOSU/TAMU. Either way it sucks because under CPJ we had an identity, whether it worked or not, it was GT football.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
Funny how people who worship the current coach blame the previous coach for special teams woes and all our issues.
Funny how?

Funny like how the previous coach didn’t think you had to recruit an entire roster?