This loss is 100% on Paul

Pulling Tobias didn't cost us the game.
I said this in the game thread, but I wish the anti-CPJ folks would complain about our defense and ST because that’s where we’re lacking, and it’s still a massive indictment against CPJ because he is our HC and not our OC.

Was our offense perfect? Clearly not. But perfect cannot be the necessary standard to win a game, which it unfortunately is for us, because our D is unable to stop Teams, and our ST puts us in bad positions over and over again.

I said this in the game thread, but I wish the anti-CPJ folks would complain about our defense and ST because that’s where we’re lacking, and it’s still a massive indictment against CPJ because he is our HC and not our OC.

Was our offense perfect? Clearly not. But perfect cannot be the necessary standard to win a game, which it unfortunately is for us, because our D is unable to stop Teams, and our ST puts us in bad positions over and over again.

+1 Qua's fumble hurt but that's when you need your D to step up. Season after season we can't get a defense that can win a game. It's always up to the offense to pull it out. We've gone through enough coordinators to prove we just lack talent on D. Sadly I don't see that changing and will be CPJ's downfall.

We boat race UNC. They tuuuurible. Pitt, Louisville, BG, Duke, UVA. That's 7 wins. Miami and VT possible.

Don't know how do many of you think we are THAT bad, just like so many thought we were THAT good after game 1. It's never as good as bad or it seems. Especially GT football.
I hate to tell you but Duke has passed us in talent. And Louisville has more speed and size than USF, so why would you assume we'll win that one?
Miami? Uh uh. Not happening.
VT? We did pull off the win against them last year but they look pretty good this year. I think they're the odds on favorite to win the division again this year and I don't know that we can pull off the shocker there.
Virginia? I seem to remember hearing how bad they were last year, too. How'd that work out for us.
Bowling Green? We damn sure better beat them.
Pitt? Should be a win. They played PSU tough for a half yesterday but got boatraced in the second half. If we get the 2nd half team, we have a shot. If we get the 1st half team, we are in for a fight.
Georgia? Please. It will be another thrashing.
Clemson? Even worse than Georgia.
UNC? We better win that one but Fedora has a knack for scoring on us so hopefully we will solve that and be the final nail in his coffin. They have looked really bad to date.

Sadly though, a previous poster was correct. We just signed Johnson to a 5 year $15 million contract. Unless he retires, we are stuck with him. Yay us! :faint:

We boat race UNC. They tuuuurible. Pitt, Louisville, BG, Duke, UVA. That's 7 wins. Miami and VT possible.

Don't know how do many of you think we are THAT bad, just like so many thought we were THAT good after game 1. It's never as good as bad or it seems. Especially GT football.
Hit em with the middle of the road most likely truest statement one time.

So CPJ hired someone who had been a problem for over 15 years.

I’m not sure if your statement is a defense or an indictment of CPJ as HC.
Maybe your problem is that you're looking for everyone on this board to fall on one of two sides. Only a Sith deals in absolutes, and only a retart goes looking for a motive behind posts made by someone like me. If there's a moral to anything I say, trust me, I'll let you know. I won't be able to contain myself.

Maybe your problem is that you're looking for everyone on this board to fall on one of two sides. Only a Sith deals in absolutes, and only a retart goes looking for a motive behind posts made by someone like me. If there's a moral to anything I say, trust me, I'll let you know. I won't be able to contain myself.

I don’t expect everyone on the board to fall on 1 side.

I do think that a post made in a thread titled “This is 100% on Paul” makes some claim as to whether this is 0% on Paul, 100% on Paul, or somewhere in between.

Apologies for assuming a post in a thread had something to do with that thread.

The biggest CPJ critics dislike him solely because of his offense, so they are always looking to pick at its failures. The reality is that our offense has been consistently very good under CPJ. On the flipside, our defense and special teams are some of the worst in all of P5 football. So why the hell are we focusing on the offensive scheme and offensive decisions, when there are plenty of obvious problems to point at?

The biggest CPJ critics dislike him solely because of his offense, so they are always looking to pick at its failures. The reality is that our offense has been consistently very good under CPJ. On the flipside, our defense and special teams are some of the worst in all of P5 football. So why the hell are we focusing on the offensive scheme and offensive decisions, when there are plenty of obvious problems to point at?

CPJ critics dislike him not for his offense, but for his inability to field a complete football team. Most recognize his offense is productive, but 11 years of neglecting D/ST is getting old + blaming everyone but the man in the mirror for the teams weaknesses

He is the head coach, not the offensive coordinator

I hate to tell you but Duke has passed us in talent. And Louisville has more speed and size than USF, so why would you assume we'll win that one?
Miami? Uh uh. Not happening.
VT? We did pull off the win against them last year but they look pretty good this year. I think they're the odds on favorite to win the division again this year and I don't know that we can pull off the shocker there.
Virginia? I seem to remember hearing how bad they were last year, too. How'd that work out for us.
Bowling Green? We damn sure better beat them.
Pitt? Should be a win. They played PSU tough for a half yesterday but got boatraced in the second half. If we get the 2nd half team, we have a shot. If we get the 1st half team, we are in for a fight.
Georgia? Please. It will be another thrashing.
Clemson? Even worse than Georgia.
UNC? We better win that one but Fedora has a knack for scoring on us so hopefully we will solve that and be the final nail in his coffin. They have looked really bad to date.

Sadly though, a previous poster was correct. We just signed Johnson to a 5 year $15 million contract. Unless he retires, we are stuck with him. Yay us! :faint:

Back