Throwbacks for Thursday

On a related note, UNC's uniforms are the ugliest they have ever had.

Nike fanboy shows up. Nike invented collars.

I really don't care if we have Nike, Adidas, or UA. And I wouldn't mind Russell if they weren't so inconsistent. I like these unis and the regular ones we have this year though so I hope things keep heading in that direction.

Is is true they're just going to wear this jersey along with their current pants and helmet?

Looks to be "yes", per the AJC,

The athletic department released photos of the jersey being worn for Thursday. You can see it here. It's from the early 1950's and was matched with gold pants and gold helmet.

The athletic department released photos of the jersey being worn for Thursday. You can see it here. It's from the early 1950's and was matched with gold pants and gold helmet.

It would be an epic fail to wear the throwback top with this year's pants.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

I hope it's not true. It would be the weakest attempt at a throwback uniform ever. Shouldn't even call it throwback, as it would just be a new jersey design.

Now thats a football jersey we wore for years and others copied it..its a traditional look with no piss yellow stripes or slashes or no ..stingers down the side...I say use it and the Ross unis too.I do not want to be Oregon or MD..........I am tech !

IIRC, Bud Carson's Old Gold jerseys (both white & black number editions) were the first to use two sleeve stripes instead of the three on Coach Dodd's jerseys. I don't recall what the white jerseys (away) had with Carson.

Edit: my memory corrects - at least on the first edition of the Carson old gold jerseys, we had white numbers with only white & black piping trim at the end on the short sleeves. The stripes on the sleeves were replaced with the (then) new interlocking GT emblem for the first year of the gold jerseys only. I believe, the next year with the change to black numbers outlined in white (Rock Perdoni AA years) and the interlocking GT was only on the helmets.

Bill Fulcher brought back the white home jerseys and they used the two stripe combination on these throwback jerseys.

Each of these years, we also had matching "TV" numbers on the shoulders. It seems like the Fulcher jerseys might have lowered the TV numbers to the top of the sleeves above the two stripes.

If so, these new throwbacks may be from the early Coach Pepper Rogers era.
The unis are very similar to the dodd ones exdept the numbers on the shoulders are not as big..they look öööö good to my old eyes.Better than this crap we see now.

The unis are very similar to the dodd ones exdept the numbers on the shoulders are not as big..they look öööö good to my old eyes.Better than this crap we see now.

Dodd had both black & blue trim. Never knew what to expect. Saw us once wear Blue shirts with Gold pants with black/White/black stripes.

Didn't say our current pants though? Don't jump to conclusions. We wore gold helmet and gold pants with Dodd also

This jersey is what we should wear for EVERY game. Period.

It's not a throwback. It's who we are. Stick with tradition.

Home and road. White tops. Gold pants. Gold helmet.

On a related note, UNC's uniforms are the ugliest they have ever had.

God those were ugly. They need to have a rule that either the helmet, or the jersey, can be tarhole blue. They also need to NEVER mix that crappy faded blue color with black pants and black accent colors on the helmet and jersey.

092213_tech_football_JC7.JPG

They really need to stick with a white helmet and the blue or black unc. The all blacks don't look half bad either, would look better with white as the secondary color though, imo.

new-2013-north-carolina-football-uniforms-620x412.jpg

Back