Thursday Bowls

Is it just me or is VT looking pretty bad? Maybe my daughter has öööö herself after those chili-cheese burritos, I'd rather change diapers than watch this crap.

In enjoying these crowd shots during the review delay....i see that both teams brought their "finest". Is there a monster truck rally after the game?

VT doing their usual crapping their pants non-conference.

Officials with a bizarre call reversal there.

The explanation the commentators got from the replay booth makes zero sense.

"Because VT had not yet gained possession before the inadvertent whistle, they gave it to Arkansas"

So if a ref blows a whistle when the ball is in there air (receiving team not yet gained possession) the kicking team just automatically gets possession!?

What the öööö????

Bielma's three times the size of the ref. Bielma wins argument. End of story.

Apparently the determined that there was no clear recovery which apparently means you rekick the ball. But VT had a holding penalty which apparently is enforced despite the play not technically occurring. So the penalty yardage assessed from the original line of scrimmage gave Arkansas a 1st down. And apparently it took them 10 minutes and a plea from Jabba the Hog to get there.

But yeah they ööööed that up bad.

Apparently the determined that there was no clear recovery which apparently means you rekick the ball. But VT had a holding penalty which apparently is enforced despite the play not technically occurring. So the penalty yardage assessed from the original line of scrimmage gave Arkansas a 1st down.

But yeah, they ööööed that up bad.

Did they spot it where the "recovery" happened or what?

JRjr

Geez, Sprinkle was suspended by Arkansas for shoplifting in Belks? Shoplifting in the sponsor's store? The gift card they likely got wasn't enough? He may have dropped on Mel's big board for that prank.

Did they spot it where the "recovery" happened or what?

JRjr

No. Penalty yardage assessed from the previous line of scrimmage, so 1st and 10 Arkansas from their own 30ish. They ruled that no recovery happened at all. So replay the down + penalty yardage.

Huh. Yeah, the flag was back where they punted, and they gave them the ball back at the flag plus some yards. Still don't really get it, and the coach's explanation (which was contingent on Ark having possession, which they never did) didn't make sense.

I don't know anything about this "immediate action" rule the announcers we're talking about.

JRjr

Awful game. Just dogshit. Anything good on Netflix?
Stranger Things sucks, unless you are ten years old or a tard.
Crazyhead has been pretty good.
Glitch has been interesting
Narcos was fantastic

No. Penalty yardage assessed from the previous line of scrimmage, so 1st and 10 Arkansas from their own 30ish. They ruled that no recovery happened at all. So replay the down + penalty yardage.

That's what they did. But, a fumble and no recovery at all? The ball was Beamered up by Scottie?

VPI board thinks Ark got 4 time outs in the half. Did they lose one on that call that got reversed in Q1?

JRjr

That's what they did. But, a fumble and no recovery at all? The ball was Beamered up by Scottie?

Strange rule, but my brother (VT alum) was actually commenting earlier today about watching an NFL game where they re-kicked after an inadvertent whistle with no clear recovery. So it appears that may actually be the rule and the refs eventually got it right.

That is if you believe that the VT player didn't pick up the ball immediately enough - which I'd disagree with.

Back