Time for Pyron?

Tshirt Man

Varsity Lurker
King started out great but hasn't been as impressive the last few games. I'm not blaming the losses on him by any means and don't think he's anywhere near our biggest problem but we need a leader.

It was a small sample size but the team seemed to rally around pyron when he came in last year and he looked like a take the team on his back and get the win type player.

Maybe it's time to give him a shot and see if he can motivate the team. We need somebody with some fire on the field.

hell-yes.gif

King started out great but hasn't been as impressive the last few games. I'm not blaming the losses on him by any means and don't think he's anywhere near our biggest problem but we need a leader.

It was a small sample size but the team seemed to rally around pyron when he came in last year and he looked like a take the team on his back and get the win type player.

Maybe it's time to give him a shot and see if he can motivate the team. We need somebody with some fire on the field.
You don’t bench the starter unless he screws up badly multiple times and that hasn’t happened. It’s a different thing if he isn’t responding to instruction, but his issues are mostly the personnel around him, not excluding him from blame. He certainly shares some, but no. Don’t pull him yet.

You don’t bench the starter unless he screws up badly multiple times and that hasn’t happened. It’s a different thing if he isn’t responding to instruction, but his issues are mostly the personnel around him, not excluding him from blame. He certainly shares some, but no. Don’t pull him yet.
I see your logic but at this point I would put every position on the block and try to find the combination that wins.

Despite the diminishing faith in the coaching staff, I don't think the coaches are inept enough to not be able to tell which QB is clearly better on a daily basis.

If you have 2 stud QBs sure, but we don't and King has been performing consistently, mistakes and all. I don't believe a kid who's not showing out in practice is gonna walk on to the field and light up the defense.

If you want to have a conversation about getting a potential future starter reps then that is another topic. I'm hoping we find that stud QB through the recruitment process and can get back to having a 4 year team leader. What we have access to immediately does not fit that bill.

Regardless of the likelihood that Pyron will help, I think he deserves a chance. He was pretty sharp last year when he played. At least give him some series.

Also makes sense for retention. How are we going to retain a talented QB when another guy gets to play ahead of him, that guy plays badly in multiple games, and you're still sitting on the bench?

Another Stingtalk first: A thread calling for the backup quarterback to play.

Why don't we just hire Nick Saban? Would that make your peepee feel better? Sober up dude. We're in for a long ride.

I like Pyron, but King is better. He has been our best offensive player this year. Even this week, in one of his worst games, he was our best player. We really need some WRs to help him out a bit

it might be time for some relief appearances if King is doing some dumb stuff.

I like Pyron, but King is better. He has been our best offensive player this year. Even this week, in one of his worst games, he was our best player. We really need some WRs to help him out a bit

This. Even though King looked like a white Jeff Sims this week against BC, he is still one of the best players on the team. We could have used a RB that can carry the team when King is having a bad day; but we don't have that yet; maybe we pick one up through the portal.

After reflecting on the game for 24hrs I will say that this was a game that was uncharacteristic of his passing performances. Yesterday was the first time we saw him force the ball into situations he normally would not have thrown to. The last INT was mind boggling. He was benched at TAMU for poor decision making after a few games. He made a comment after the Miami game in that he had bought into ‘trusting his teammates’ and let them make plays around you. I think perhaps he trusted them too much throwing into tight coverages where they couldn’t make plays. Aside from the perfect pass from Leary he had a good game with his feet. I give credit to BC in that our WRs couldn’t get separation.

King was missing Singleton and Lane and our defense forced him to try and do too much. There is no magic bullet at QB, IMO. We dont have an offense that is going to score 40, regardless of who is back there

Back