Time for Pyron?

He's classified as a Sophmore. He only played one season at TAMU. So unless I'm missing something, he has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

And while I'm typing and not sure where to put this thought, I'll put it right here: King is destroying the myth that you have to play for a factory school to get big-time recognition. This will be a very important counterpoint for recruiting.
If that is the case, I would imagine he would leave for the NFL after next year, and that still leaves Pyron with 2 years, if he stays.

You may get your wish. King has been doing outstanding but he did hurt his ankle and limped for a bit but obviously didn't affect him on those long runs which is great. King, like Pyron does have propensity to run hard and not slide, instead opting to lower the shoulder more often times than not. The season does take its toll on players' health. That's why this is a great time for Dontae to play a more pivotal role in the running game. Injuries can and do happen but Pyron does have big shoes to fill. King started for a reason and we all see it now, 8 games into the season.

Yeah I think King will leave next year if he has a big year.

If that is the case, I would imagine he would leave for the NFL after next year, and that still leaves Pyron with 2 years, if he stays.
Obviously would hate to see him leave but I hope by then we have progressed to the point where we have gotten some apprentices up to speed who can step in. We have to get to the point where, as they used to say, we reload instead of rebuild.

And I think it reflects well on our program if he leaves early and is successful in the NFL. Just one less thing the factory bagmen can use against us.

At some point, we need to turn the tables on these sleezeballs and point out to recruits that while you might bank a little bit with more NIL from a factory program but what about the other 40 years? A GT diploma pays you every year for the next half-century. What does a diploma from a factory school get you other than free food at other people's tailgate?

I mean for the big time.
I don't think he would draft well. He's playing very well, but he really only has this year's worth of film to offer. I'd be surprised if he declared for the NFL after this year. He's got almost the whole rest of the offense back with him this year, only losing Leonard, Benson, Scaglione, and Dontae to graduation. He can make a lot of plays next year too

I don't think he would draft well. He's playing very well, but he really only has this year's worth of film to offer. I'd be surprised if he declared for the NFL after this year. He's got almost the whole rest of the offense back with him this year, only losing Leonard, Benson, Scaglione, and Dontae to graduation. He can make a lot of plays next year too
I mean after next year.

I agree and don't expect him to even consider entering the draft this year.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's necessarily going to be the case anymore for some guys, at least from the compensation angle.

Half the QBs in the NFL make more in one game than Brock Purdy at SF makes in a season. Much better to stay in college another year as a QB if you can improve to a first round pick if you aren't projected there after your junior season.

Half the QBs in the NFL make more in one game than Brock Purdy at SF makes in a season. Much better to stay in college another year as a QB if you can improve to a first round pick if you aren't projected there after your junior season.
Then again, the earlier you go pro, the earlier you get to that big first free agent contract.

It all depends on where you would be drafted, what do you expect out of next year and so on.

Then again, the earlier you go pro, the earlier you get to that big first free agent contract.

It all depends on where you would be drafted, what do you expect out of next year and so on.

Isn't that what I said?

King started out great but hasn't been as impressive the last few games. I'm not blaming the losses on him by any means and don't think he's anywhere near our biggest problem but we need a leader.

It was a small sample size but the team seemed to rally around pyron when he came in last year and he looked like a take the team on his back and get the win type player.

Maybe it's time to give him a shot and see if he can motivate the team. We need somebody with some fire on the field.

Turns out you were right and I was wrong. Pyron played today and we finally won two in a row. Let’s start him at klempsum.

My apologies.

I'd hate to lose Pyron because then we could have a situation like UVA had today. QB 1 goes out and you're screwed

After that QB's first drive, even though I think they got a FG, I knew we were winning the game

Turns out you were right and I was wrong. Pyron played today and we finally won two in a row. Let’s start him at klempsum.

My apologies.
For what it's worth, we are undefeated in games he's played in this year.

King has proved these last two games that he's the man. The team has played more inspired. Hopefully we have finally turned the corner and the letdown games are a thing of the past

King is solidly entrenched as QB1 but Pyron has to be ready because King does run and often. I love the production in the running game by him but it makes anyone nervous when your QB takes off. I heard King was the #3/4 QB in the class/nation coming out of HS. He was a part of that TAMU monster class that was supposed to deliver them to the playoffs. He’s starting to live up to the hype coming out of HS.

Back