Time for Pyron?

I think that was only once. He played a hell of a game after that.

We would have folded with Collins coaching us.
He's done it in a few previous games, or at least in the Miami game for sure.

He's running the #18 offense in the country right now. I'll take it.
In terms of yards the offense is doing well, but we're more like 40s-50s in terms of points, though that isn't all on King.

- Caleb Williams
- Michael Penix Jr.
- Jayden Daniels
- Shedeur Sanders

The only FBS QBs with more passing TDs than Haynes King. A Heisman winner, the Heisman favorite, a projected Heisman finalist, and Deion's son.

This is a good problem to have. I thought this year was all pyron but king has turned out to be great. If king starts doing more runs and zone reads we will need a solid backup.

Honest question. With Pyron only a year behind King, is it possible to get last year classified as a Medical RS for Pyron and give him a true RS this year to get them separated by two years?

Honest question. With Pyron only a year behind King, is it possible to get last year classified as a Medical RS for Pyron and give him a true RS this year to get them separated by two years?
I don't know if you can after the fact. I think that application should have been done during the season last year.

I don't know if you can after the fact. I think that application should have been done during the season last year.
Okay. Got off my ass and checked it out. Pyron is ineligible for a Medical Waiver last year because his injury occurred after the mid-way point of the season. He could apply for one this year if he demonstrated that he was still hindered by the injury, but that's not happening. Sucks for him...and GT.

Okay. Got off my ass and checked it out. Pyron is ineligible for a Medical Waiver last year because his injury occurred after the mid-way point of the season. He could apply for one this year if he demonstrated that he was still hindered by the injury, but that's not happening. Sucks for him...and GT.
How exactly does it suck for GT? Oh no we have to play the ACC’s leading TD maker! Sucks to be us!

In all likelihood, Pyron is dressed in other team’s colors next year. That’s the price of King’s success.

Weinke will get us a quality replacement.
Yeah,
i made that comment in another thread. That's why I was wondering about the Medical Waiver.

In all likelihood, Pyron is dressed in other team’s colors next year. That’s the price of King’s success.

Weinke will get us a quality replacement.
I don’t think so. But we’ll see. Doesn’t King only have 1 year left?

I don’t think so. But we’ll see. Doesn’t King only have 1 year left?
He's classified as a Sophmore. He only played one season at TAMU. So unless I'm missing something, he has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

And while I'm typing and not sure where to put this thought, I'll put it right here: King is destroying the myth that you have to play for a factory school to get big-time recognition. This will be a very important counterpoint for recruiting.

He's classified as a Sophmore. He only played one season at TAMU. So unless I'm missing something, he has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

And while I'm typing and not sure where to put this thought, I'll put it right here: King is destroying the myth that you have to play for a factory school to get big-time recognition. This will be a very important counterpoint for recruiting.
I don't necessarily understand why he is classified as a R-Soph. He RS in 2020 (played in 2 games). Played in 2 games then got hurt in 2021 as a R-Fr. Played in 6 games in 2022 as a R-Soph.

Now this year he should be a R-Jr but he is listed as a R-So on GT website. I think the extra year comes from the COVID year 2020.

Regardless, he has '24 and '25 if he wants them.

Back