To Bee Quite Honest & Blunt...

**DONOTDELETE**

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Graduation rates are overrated... I want wins & lots of 'em... I don't want a christian family man as head coach... I want a winner who knows how to work the sytem... A guy who knows how to go right up to the fence and lean against it without knocking it over... Moral victories are for Sunday Sermons... This is football, folks.. It ain't the PTL Club...

Originally posted by BeeBad:
Graduation rates are overrated... I want wins & lots of 'em... I don't want a christian family man as head coach... I want a winner who knows how to work the sytem... A guy who knows how to go right up to the fence and lean against it without knocking it over... Moral victories are for Sunday Sermons... This is football, folks.. It ain't the PTL Club...
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">explains a lot about you, who you are and what you stand for. you're undressed dude and its a gross sight .. cover up fella

Ylo... I've made a darn good living selling to engineers & believe me I know how they think... conservative people, well-organized, structured, reliable, honest, dependable, successful... good people...unfortunately socially innovative is not in the equation... Any time someone comes up with a new or radical idea it challenges their structured thought & creates the specter of change which creates anger... No bother, I'm used to it and understand the engineering thought process... 3 months ago all the engineers were screaming at me for the audacity of criticizing gailey... now many have converted, lining up to get in their own licks after his latest gaffe... the revolution continues my friend... and I thank you for being my Ed McMahon...
smile.gif

alright .. enough pot shots at you beebad .. let's have a serious conversation ..

why do you like georgia tech sports? why are you a tech fan?

not flaming .. i'm tired flaming.

The world is full of all kinds of people and not everyone are conformist as to your beliefs and life style Y. Also at a AT FUND GATHERING of which I attended, Coach Bobby Ross before a large gathering and before the 90 season just happen to say that not all of the TECH players were of GOOD CHARACTER! At least words to that effect. There were some gulps, gasps and shock amongs't the crowd. Y, not all people that you think you may KNOW are who you think they are. Nobody is perfect in your eye or those who support or attend or play sports at good ole Georgia Tech!! It takes all kinds to do all these things for OUR TEAMS!!!

Beebad, We can and should win going about it the right way. I love a Christian family man as our head coach, because that's part of winning. GT is about molding lives. It's a special place. Hope you can see that includes morals. Winning is more than scores on game day. It's about lives. People wanting to excel should want victories on game day as well as in life. That doesn't mean we should except anything less than striving for the best in all areas. Have we failed? NO! We are striving. That's life, which is not perfect, as is the same with people (Our players, admin., you, and I). The race hasn't finished yet. Do we have areas to improve in? Certainly we do. I'm sure you do as well.

GO Jackets!

GTT, I agree with you on the way it should be, but this is no perfect world we live in. Not everyone you have been cheering for and cheering with are ridind white horses. Things are never like they should be and we have to accept that like it or not with all these people that we are rooting for congregating in Bobby Dodd sta. We need everyones support no matter what color,crede,religion, beliefs, wages,politics, or where any of these people come from. Right side of the tracks or the left side, beneath you or above you, h--l raiser,rebel rouser, sunday school teacher Tech needs e'm all! Just so they DON"T BREAK LAWS of the state!!

Originally posted by techrod:
GTT, I agree with you on the way it should be, but this is no perfect world we live in. Not everyone you have been cheering for and cheering with are ridind white horses. Things are never like they should be and we have to accept that like it or not with all these people that we are rooting for congregating in Bobby Dodd sta. We need everyones support no matter what color,crede,religion, beliefs, wages,politics, or where any of these people come from. Right side of the tracks or the left side, beneath you or above you, h--l raiser,rebel rouser, sunday school teacher Tech needs e'm all! Just so they DON"T BREAK LAWS of the state!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I totally agree with you techrod. Not sure, but you might have misunderstood my post. I honestly do agree with you to a T!

I'm stating why I love a "Christian family man" as our head coach and winning is more to me than just what happens on game day. Being the winner when the game is final is VERY important to me as are other areas of molding players' lives.

You hit on a major point of mine. We're not perfect. I'm not perfect. None of us are.

Thanks for driving home it takes all types to make a TEAM.

You stated....... ",but this is not a perfect world we live in." It certainly isn't. You stated better than me with just those few words.

Really good post techrod.
grin.gif

Can't wait for our first 2003 tailgate. Our get together should be fun!

Let's see we have the Tech Christians vs. Tech non-Christians (one of my favorites is Father WASP: “I supported Gailey because he is a Christian man”),

The Focers vs. non-Focers,

Tech Democrats vs. Tech Republicans,

Tech academias vs. Tech jocks,

Tech engineers vs. Tech management majors,

East siders vs. West siders,

Have I left anyone out?

I'm bringing a gun....

Originally posted by 71Bee:

Let's see we have the Tech Christians vs. Tech non-Christians (one of my favorites is Father WASP: “I supported Gailey because he is a Christian man”),

Have I left anyone out?

I'm bringing a gun....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Where are your seats? Gun? I didn't take that into account when picking my season tickets. Reseating criteria should have thought this through when they designed a way to make us all happy. I mean good grief. This is fun, so it's GTAA's job to make sure I'm not near GUNS!!
wink.gif

Originally posted by 71Bee:

Have I left anyone out?

I'm bringing a gun....
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Hmmm that should be

Christians vs Damned infidels...

FOCers vs FOO'Ls

Belly/NCJacket vs Republicans

Nerds vs Dumb Jocks

Engineers vs those dropped on their heads as babies

Young and immature fans who don't know squat about Tech Tradition vs West standers

and I nominate a final one

Politically correct wussies
frown.gif
vs Angry middle-aged white intransigents

Originally posted by techrod:
71B, better be loaded!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is getting serious.
wink.gif

Are you Democrat or Republican? West or East?

Here is the kicker........ What EXACT color do you wear on game day?

Oh wait.... where do you tailgate?

I'm just trying to figure out if your a fan or not.
wink.gif
&lt;----- for those of us that are ticky that means I'm teasing. These are touchy times.

blue.gif

So does anyone know if clough, braine, or moore are Christian folk? Maybe we should avoid this part of the discussion, I dunno.

Originally posted by BeeBad:
I don't want a christian family man as head coach... I want a winner who knows how to work the sytem
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">This is known in logic and other sophisticated approaches to the world as a false dichotomy.

Graduation rates are overrated...

This is known as barking, or dawg-talk, or the SEC whine.

I want wins & lots of 'em...

And this is known as... DUH.

Back