Tobias Oliver

TO runs like a B back and TM runs like an A back. TO runs towards the line quickly while TM seems to wait a little longer. Compare TM against Duke getting run down from behind, behind the LOS to TO against VT not run down behind LOS.
Actually, I think this is backwards. TO was really patient and really good at following his blockers.

The real difference is line play – we totally out manned them and out schemed them last night. I think TQM would've had a huge night, too.

Actually, I think this is backwards. TO was really patient and really good at following his blockers.

The real difference is line play – we totally out manned them and out schemed them last night. I think TQM would've had a huge night, too.
Yeah the line was playing well and I agree TM wouldve had a good night too but I disagree TM would've had a HUGE night. Look at how many tackles TO broke last night. TM goes down on most of those contacts. He's just not has beefy as TO.

No, I'm wrong. It's still ELI with 356. I was thinking PJ in 2003 with 307 against Tulsa in the bowl.
I remember listening to that game....Al Ceraldo was his usual self....you never quite new exactly what was going on. ELI was puking on the sidelines with altitude sickness. He broke off so many long runs you thought Ceraldo was going to have a heart attack. At the time it was a single game NCAA record. I remember watching the coaches show and thinking they were playing in pretty miserable conditions. ELI was a rampaging beast that day.

I remember listening to that game....Al Ceraldo was his usual self....you never quite new exactly what was going on. ELI was puking on the sidelines with altitude sickness. He broke off so many long runs you thought Ceraldo was going to have a heart attack. At the time it was a single game NCAA record. I remember watching the coaches show and thinking they were playing in pretty miserable conditions. ELI was a rampaging beast that day.
Before the game, Al asked Kim how the game was going to go and the YLH said that the first team to kick a field goal was going to win that day. Kim later said he was proud to have been proven wrong in that game.

Jimmy " I be stankin" Lancoln. One of my stepdads all time favorites.

Jimmy " I be stankin" Lancoln. One of my stepdads all time favorites.

I was walking across one of the bridges in Pittsburgh a few years ago going to a baseball game (wasn’t football season or anything). I was wearing a Tech hat or shirt.

As i walked, an urban seating facilitator yelled “Jimy Lincoln!” at me. I stopped and talked to him, and Jimy was his cousin or something and he remembered him going to Tech and then getting hosed by B*** L**** or something.

JRjr

This. Any year where we have been able to blow people off the ball and get 6-7 yards with the b back dive it’s mostly a product of the line blocking well.

This. Any year where we have been able to blow people off the ball and get 6-7 yards with the b back dive it’s mostly a product of the line blocking well.

And despite doing that on Thursday history has shown we can't count on it happening again this year. Might happen, might not. If we could figure that out we'd win 8 games a year min.

What kind of shape will Tobias be in if he rushes for 120 more times before ugag?

Thought ELI was ill with the flu, or so I heard.

Taquan goes down if a defensive player looks at him. I don’t think he would have had the success Tobias had.

I'm actually curious to see who wins out the starting job next year. Wasn't Lucas Johnson supposed to be pretty good?
Lucas was 2nd string QB, Tobias was 3rd string.

With TO's obvious running skills, but lack of passing experience, I'm wondering if we should designate TQM and next year Lucas as our 3rd and long QB's. Rotate them in as needed. Move Graham and Mason to A-Back next season.

The reason we got Graham is to play QB here. And he probably moves to WR before AB if somehow he ends up buried on the DC.

Between a potential coaching change and a QB battle, it should be an interesting off season.

Repeat after me and remember it: THERE WILL BE NO COACHING CHANGE AT GEORGIA TECH!!

Bookmark this page so you can read it all summer long
I don't expect one and don't think there should be one but depending on how the year ends, you may still have a large number of fans complaining if there isn't one.

Back