Tony Elliott: I haven’t had any contact with GT

ScionOfSouthland

Dodd-Like
Not the news I was hoping for this morning

Elliott – Clemson’s co-offensive coordinator – has had his name come up over the last few seasons for head coaching jobs around the country and last week, his name was linked to the Georgia Tech vacancy after Paul Johnson announced his retirement.

The fourth-year offensive coordinator denied being contacted by any schools about their coaching vacancies and had a very clear answer when asked about his future with Clemson.

“I haven't had any contact from anybody. I'm a Clemson Tiger and I'm not going be a distraction to anybody,” Elliott said after Clemson’s 42-10 win over Pittsburgh. “I’m focused on helping these young men. I’ve got an unbelievable situation and my family is happy here. Obviously, if it's the Lords time, He'll provide an opportunity, but right now I'm solely focused on Clemson football."

I’m going to be seriously pissed if we sign Whisenhunt and don’t even talk to Elliot.
Hell, I will be pissed if we don't go through a process to hire our next HC. It shouldn't just be calling up your old buddy and saying "wanna $3 million paycheck next season?"

While it may be true, we've never been able to take coaches at their word concerning their involvement in job openings.

Not the news I was hoping for this morning

Classy guy. He really highlights the dilemma inherent in the process. You call for the kids to be committed, but as a coach you are looking for the next big opportunity.

TS has been involved with the CFP rankings. I bet things kick back up on Monday. Iiwii
That's right. He was flying immediately to Texas, I think, after CPJ's interview to participate in the CFP rankings.

Translation: I haven’t interviewed yet or spoken to anyone at GT, but my agent has. Plus I don’t want to be a distraction with playoff picks being made tomorrow
Yep.

Often it’s a headhunter who talks to someone like the strength coach to see if desired coach would be interested in talking about opening
Gives everyone plausible deniability

Still trying to figure out the love fest with a co-OC with no head coach experience. Is it because we think he can be an amazing recruiter?
I'm trying to figure out why some want a guy that covered up for Pedo State

Still trying to figure out the love fest with a co-OC with no head coach experience. Is it because we think he can be an amazing recruiter?

Recruiting experience plus dynamic offense.

I'm trying to figure out why some want a guy that covered up for Pedo State
12243286_1345886868849576_7898582128832380920_n.jpg

Back