Tough day for the CPJ haters

All I want is to have enough hope that I think watching the game is worthwhile. I don't need championships, I just need reassurance that we might win on that day. I had that for every game except Georgia during Chan. I had it for every game during CPJ. I skipped all but two games of last season because we were so incredibly bad, and this will probably be my last game this season. The only games we win going forward are going to be because of dumb luck. I don't care to watch that.
Yes we all know you’re a homosexual.

We are going to beat teams we shouldn't beat, and lose to teams we shouldn't lose to. That's a part of the process. You can't throw out the number of true freshman we have on the field right now and expect to successful every week.

Everyone knows the the penalties are on the coaches. And everyone knows the kicking game is on the coaches.

To dwell on these things is just whining and being a little bitch. Man up.
Let me know when we start beating teams we shouldn’t beat and I’ll change my tune. So far pretty much all we’ve done is lose.

CGC has at least 2 more years, and I’ll support him in every game. I’ll manage to convince myself to be optimistic week after week. He’s certainly marketing and recruiting well, and I think our next class may be our best one in a while. But if we’re gonna be undisciplined and clueless out there, I don’t see how talent matters much at all.

Anyone wanting to keep CPJ and what our program had become is just admitting they want to beat mediocre teams and NEVER compete with Clemson, UGAg, or any of the top teams in even the ACC. We either needed to move along or hope that Cutcliffe would retire so we could be competitive with Duke again. We were to that point. CPJ could have evolved. He didn't. He believed his system was the answer, but it was to the point no good players wanted to play in that system.
I do think teams could integrate some triple option football in their game plan, especially if a perceived weakness is found in an opposing team. It could work in short yardage and goal line situations. Other than that, players don't want to play exclusively in that system, CPJ wouldn't adapt, and we suffered because of it.

Let me know when we start beating teams we shouldn’t beat and I’ll change my tune. So far pretty much all we’ve done is lose.

CGC has at least 2 more years, and I’ll support him in every game. I’ll manage to convince myself to be optimistic week after week. He’s certainly marketing and recruiting well, and I think our next class may be our best one in a while. But if we’re gonna be undisciplined and clueless out there, I don’t see how talent matters much at all.
Miami last year is the one that comes to mind for me.

We are going to beat teams we shouldn't beat, and lose to teams we shouldn't lose to. That's a part of the process. You can't throw out the number of true freshman we have on the field right now and expect to successful every week.

Everyone knows the the penalties are on the coaches. And everyone knows the kicking game is on the coaches.

To dwell on these things is just whining and being a little bitch. Man up.
Honest question, how many true freshman are there?

The CPJ ship has sailed. Get over it. Like other fans I remember the highlights of his tenure fondly. However, we were getting seriously diminished returns at the end. His team’s talent and I’d say even his interest in coaching were on the decline. It was time to move away from the gimmick.

I don’t expect the team to win every game we necessarily should win right now. Yesterday the effort just was not there. I don’t blame that on being a young team. Yes we need Swilling back, yes all of our te’s are out, but the team looked flat/uninspired. That is one of the things CGC is supposed to bring to the table. These are the games that keep you employed long term as they become the difference in a bad season or a bearable season. There is no excuse for how poorly the team played yesterday. I hope there is a lot of coaching over the next two weeks. Will be interesting noticing Collins vs Satterfield.

I don’t expect the team to win every game we necessarily should win right now. Yesterday the effort just was not there. I don’t blame that on being a young team. Yes we need Swilling back, yes all of our te’s are out, but the team looked flat/uninspired. That is one of the things CGC is supposed to bring to the table. These are the games that keep you employed long term as they become the difference in a bad season or a bearable season. There is no excuse for how poorly the team played yesterday. I hope there is a lot of coaching over the next two weeks. Will be interesting noticing Collins vs Satterfield.
i am keeping good score on satterfield v cgc as i was there from day one. but, i continue to hope.

Anyone wanting to keep CPJ and what our program had become is just admitting they want to beat mediocre teams and NEVER compete with Clemson, UGAg, or any of the top teams in even the ACC.
CPJ was basically the only GT coach since I've been alive who actually did the three things you say he couldn't do. That is a true thing that is true.

Further, this whole thing where GT wins games with "recruiting" and "juice?" It's been done a lot in CFB and doesn't work. That's the post-ACC Miami blueprint. And that's pretty much what we look like out there. Downyear Miami with worse players.

I’m in the crowd, if there is one, that was ready for CPJ to move on and really like Collins, however at the same time recognize what we put on the field yesterday was a disaster and I will not dig for reasons to justify it. We simply should not look this unorganized and unprepared at this level of football. I hope we see significant improvement throughout the remainder of this season.

If ya'll want to argue we should have gone after Leach, I am down with that conversation
(Forget Kiffin, doubt he would have taken it). But just stahhhp with the triple option stuff. It is done and had to be.

CPJ was basically the only GT coach since I've been alive who actually did the three things you say he couldn't do. That is a true thing that is true.

Further, this whole thing where GT wins games with "recruiting" and "juice?" It's been done a lot in CFB and doesn't work. That's the post-ACC Miami blueprint. And that's pretty much what we look like out there. Downyear Miami with worse players.
Ehh, I love CPJ but we had definitely regressed. It was pretty unlikely that we would return to 2009 or 2014 glory. We would have been light years better with him than we are now, but fan support was already waning and there was no real reason to expect it to return.

And I don’t entirely agree that recruiting and juice can’t win. I was at Clemson when Dabo got hired, and it was an extremely unpopular hire and remained that way for a few years. I‘m not saying CGC is our Dabo, but I don’t think it’s a stretch to hope that he could be. It takes a long time, and most importantly, it takes solid coordinators to pair X and O knowledge with recruiting prowess. I’m not convinced we have that yet, but then again, neither did Dabo. I’m pretty unhappy watching displays like yesterday, but it’s waaaaay too early to give up.

Ehh, I love CPJ but we had definitely regressed. It was pretty unlikely that we would return to 2009 or 2014 glory. We would have been light years better with him than we are now, but fan support was already waning and there was no real reason to expect it to return.

And I don’t entirely agree that recruiting and juice can’t win. I was at Clemson when Dabo got hired, and it was an extremely unpopular hire and remained that way for a few years. I‘m not saying CGC is our Dabo, but I don’t think it’s a stretch to hope that he could be. It takes a long time, and most importantly, it takes solid coordinators to pair X and O knowledge with recruiting prowess. I’m not convinced we have that yet, but then again, neither did Dabo. I’m pretty unhappy watching displays like yesterday, but it’s waaaaay too early to give up.
All it took with CPJ was a QB willing to live and breathe the system. Just like it does at most colleges. Monken would’ve been a great successor if we were willing to go all in on being the Option school and having that brand. I would’ve liked it, but other alums who are just as if not more important than I am wouldn’t/didn’t. And that’s fine. I’m rooting for CGC to do well. He needs to improve his actual coaching. He’s not incapable of that. He’s laying a foundation but we don’t want a bad on the field culture to be part of that foundation.

All it took with CPJ was a QB willing to live and breathe the system. Just like it does at most colleges. Monken would’ve been a great successor if we were willing to go all in on being the Option school and having that brand. I would’ve liked it, but other alums who are just as if not more important than I am wouldn’t/didn’t. And that’s fine. I’m rooting for CGC to do well. He needs to improve his actual coaching. He’s not incapable of that. He’s laying a foundation but we don’t want a bad on the field culture to be part of that foundation.
I agree with all of this. Perhaps Jeff Sims can be that guy for CGC. Maybe not this year, but he is still a true freshman, after all.

Back