Tough day for the CPJ haters

All I want is to have enough hope that I think watching the game is worthwhile. I don't need championships, I just need reassurance that we might win on that day. I had that for every game except Georgia during Chan. I had it for every game during CPJ. I skipped all but two games of last season because we were so incredibly bad, and this will probably be my last game this season. The only games we win going forward are going to be because of dumb luck. I don't care to watch that.

:bigcry:

All I want is to have enough hope that I think watching the game is worthwhile. I don't need championships, I just need reassurance that we might win on that day. I had that for every game except Georgia during Chan. I had it for every game during CPJ. I skipped all but two games of last season because we were so incredibly bad, and this will probably be my last game this season. The only games we win going forward are going to be because of dumb luck. I don't care to watch that.
I have to agree with beej67. 2019 and 2020 have had the most boring games of any seasons I can remember. Even in down years we use to be competitive and have exciting games. Now it is just 3 hours and 45 minutes of bad football.

No one expects this team to be a Top 25 team. I do expect them to be competitive and not get blown out by inferior teams. I expect us to have a good kicking game since we had a good one in 2018 and the kicker returned. We have too many penalties and too many turnovers. It is on the coaching. We all want Collins to succeed and I hope he turns this around. But right now he has been a total failure.

We are going to beat teams we shouldn't beat, and lose to teams we shouldn't lose to. That's a part of the process. You can't throw out the number of true freshman we have on the field right now and expect to successful every week.

Everyone knows the the penalties are on the coaches. And everyone knows the kicking game is on the coaches.

To dwell on these things is just whining and being a little bitch. Man up.

How can you honestly say that after a top 25 class 2020

were not in a downward spiral, were turning the corner after the down trend imo

As Coach Belichick says, it's not the team with the most talent, it's the team that plays the best.
And that's coaching.
Which is in short supply.

FWIW, UCF's highest ranked class over the last five recruiting cycles was 55th, per 247sports.com. Not their average. Their highest ranking. And they smoked us.

Syracuse's recruiting rankings the last five years?
2016-62
2017-54
2018-51
2019-57
2020-58

By using those metrics, can you really say they're more talented?
It's coaching. Period.

Our 2021 class is No. 37 in the country. Not bad. But ninth in the ACC. So other teams - with better coaching - are going to have equal or better talent. I don't need a differential equations class to tell me that formula doesn't look promising.

I didn't feel like that the last season or two of CPJ. I just felt apathy. Even when we won, we weren't really executing the offense correctly and I rarely felt good about it.

I didn't feel like that the last season or two of CPJ. I just felt apathy. Even when we won, we weren't really executing the offense correctly and I rarely felt good about it.

All I remember about CPJ’s last season, and I like CPJ, is Marshall getting tackled for 4-5 yard losses. Not that it was entirely his fault as our OL was terrible.

As Coach Belichick says, it's not the team with the most talent, it's the team that plays the best.
And that's coaching.
Which is in short supply.

FWIW, UCF's highest ranked class over the last five recruiting cycles was 55th, per 247sports.com. Not their average. Their highest ranking. And they smoked us.

Syracuse's recruiting rankings the last five years?
2016-62
2017-54
2018-51
2019-57
2020-58

By using those metrics, can you really say they're more talented?
It's coaching. Period.

Our 2021 class is No. 37 in the country. Not bad. But ninth in the ACC. So other teams - with better coaching - are going to have equal or better talent. I don't need a differential equations class to tell me that formula doesn't look promising.
The real test would be if we put together 5 years of top 25ish classes in a row. What would that team be able to do with the same coaching staff as now.

This past year was the only time in the last 10+ years we’ve cracked the top 30

I have to agree with beej67. 2019 and 2020 have had the most boring games of any seasons I can remember. Even in down years we use to be competitive and have exciting games. Now it is just 3 hours and 45 minutes of bad football.
I’m old and cannot figure it out. How do I put that pile of dog poop underneath everything that GTMT posts?

Never understood the dislike/hatred for CPJ. Best results since O'Leary.

Never understood the dislike/hatred for CPJ. Best results since O'Leary.
I didn't hate CPJ. I liked his personality (I thought his sense of humor was hilarious) and i defended the 3O to the death debating gaggers. 3O definitely let us punch above our weight. Like any system, it was amazing when working and painful when not. Everyone has to realize though it is gone. It's not coming back under CPJ or anyone else.

Back