Tough day for the CPJ haters

i agree regarding cleaning it up but unlike Gabriel, Mr Sims didnt walk into an established system that has been clicking on all cylinders for an extended period of time.

To be fair he did get a 2nd year head coach and OC.

Right....bc 6 turnovers to Duke is the exact same as 6 turnovers to the 2017 National co-Champions. GMAB

How many 4/5 star DEs are there in all of recruiting this year? I’ll wait.
Haven't looked. Not important to me what other people recruit. Obviously, we have zero. That is all that matters.

How many 4/5 star DEs are there in all of recruiting this year? I’ll wait.
I don't know about four-stars, but last year i read an article that said in any given year there are only about 20-25 five star recruits. And they end up at only about ten or twelve programs---Alabama, Clempsen, Oklahoma, LSU. Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc. --every year.

I don't know about four-stars, but last year i read an article that said in any given year there are only about 20-25 five star recruits. And they end up at only about ten or twelve programs---Alabama, Clempsen, Oklahoma, LSU. Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc. --every year.
I don’t think it’s impossible to pull those guys in, but it might take a year or two to really start cooking In that area. 5 stars don’t want to come in and help build a program, they want to come in and dominate for 3 years and go to the NFL.

I see no point in comparing the two coaches. I am happy with how CPJ did for us (2 Orange Bowls). CPJ fought hard for facilities upgrades and recruiting staff that were sorely needed. Good on him. I liked his character and approach.

I also like the direction of the new staff.

There are a lot of ways to skin a cat, and certainly their's is a different approach. It's fun to have GT players (Choice, Coleman, Key, Burton) on staff. Feels like a good fit having guys who know and value the Institute, and also appear to be good coaches. Collins himself has been a Jacket before and worked a bunch with George O'Leary. I like how they are taking advantage of the upgraded facilities and recruiting staff and further attracting recruits with culture and a focus on preparing them for the pros if that is their dream.

So I am proud of our recent past and excited for the future as well. I am betting the vast majority of fans have similar feelings.

I will take high 3-star recruits like Jordan Williams all day long. Y'all need to see his interview as part of media for Syracuse game. Really impressive guy. Definitely a member of the all-hair team. Very articulate and has a real winning attitude.

I see no point in comparing the two coaches. I am happy with how CPJ did for us (2 Orange Bowls). CPJ fought hard for facilities upgrades and recruiting staff that were sorely needed. Good on him. I liked his character and approach.

I also like the direction of the new staff.

There are a lot of ways to skin a cat, and certainly their's is a different approach. It's fun to have GT players (Choice, Coleman, Key, Burton) on staff. Feels like a good fit having guys who know and value the Institute, and also appear to be good coaches. Collins himself has been a Jacket before and worked a bunch with George O'Leary. I like how they are taking advantage of the upgraded facilities and recruiting staff and further attracting recruits with culture and a focus on preparing them for the pros if that is their dream.

So I am proud of our recent past and excited for the future as well. I am betting the vast majority of fans have similar feelings.
This post is way too level-headed for ST. Why does everyone have to be a "CPJ hater" or "CGC hater"? They are very different but I like them both. I want whoever is coaching Tech to do well.

This post is way too level-headed for ST. Why does everyone have to be a "CPJ hater" or "CGC hater"? They are very different but I like them both. I want whoever is coaching Tech to do well.

Probably why I have been a member since 2005 but am still under 600 posts. Perhaps I need to cultivate my hatred and anger and give over to the Dark Side, young Stingtalker.

I will take high 3-star recruits like Jordan Williams all day long. Y'all need to see his interview as part of media for Syracuse game. Really impressive guy. Definitely a member of the all-hair team. Very articulate and has a real winning attitude.
Met his family on the way across campus after the game. Great people. Love the way he plays

Will you stop spamming threads with this idiocy? The TO is gone. It is not coming back.
It’s been s proven time and again, you can’t switch straight from TO to spread. Georgia Southern is a prime example. They went to spread, sucked, then changed to a diamond spread, found success. I’m just saying that this is gonna be a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG rebuild if they’re gonna stick with the straight spread.

It’s been s proven time and again, you can’t switch straight from TO to spread. Georgia Southern is a prime example. They went to spread, sucked, then changed to a diamond spread, found success. I’m just saying that this is gonna be a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG rebuild if they’re gonna stick with the straight spread.

Georgia Southern is an example of nothing.

Back