Tough Day for the CPJ Supporters/Haters

The question is why are we so inferior to them? Why have we degraded to hoping to beat Pittsburgh, while they are knocking on the playoff's door--again?
I'm not sure what you've been watching over the last 20 years but it's called recruiting.

***** + **** > *** + **1/2

...but there are exceptions to this formula

You realize out of 129 FCS teams, only 2 would be favored to beat UGAg.

OTOH, we need to beat the öööö out of the mutts. I want is just to give them a humiliating loss. No more squeakers. A blowout. They have humiliated us many times I'm the series. Time to lay the wood to them
I'll take a squeaky win.

I'm not sure what you've been watching over the last 20 years but it's called recruiting.
Then if there is no remedy, why not cancel the series? Do to Georgia what we once did to the SEC. Say bye bye. I've been watching for 60 years. That doesn't make me an expert, but things are as bad as they have been the last 20 years relative to competing with Georgia. It is not all recruiting.

Justin Thomas may have been 3-4 on the day. Nesbitt and Vad 2-4. Oliver (the next actual QB) very likely 1-4. Tevin probably 1-4, and I like Tevin.
That's my point, though. 3-4 last night likely means we beat UVA by 14+, since at least 2 of his misses would have been TDs. Even 2-4 means we win in regulation. And that's not even considering the argument that we throw more with a better QB.

Our pass game will be fine if Marshall throws on time. Every pass play we ran today had open receivers. The only one they really defended well was the curl to Brad on 3rd down. The rest had open receivers that TM was just late on. They missed two OBVIOUS defensive holds on Stewart/camp on 3rd down on our last possession in regulation. Even the UVA boards were talking about how crazy it was that a flag wasn’t thrown on that. The DB was literally holding Camp’s arm for a good 5 yards.

Refs missed the false start on the last kick of the game too. Ending up helping us despite their best efforts.

I had a great view of the hold on Camp. I've seen worse, but it should have been called. I was standing on the bleacher in front of me and screaming at the ref, to no avail.

Hopefully the refs realized that you just cannot call the false start in that situation, but maybe they just sucked. Can you imagine if UVA misses the field goal but got an offensive flag that let them have a do-over, and they go on to win the game?

JRjr

95D5459B-8091-46F1-B9EB-8E1F3832C95A.jpeg
Nesbitt certainly wouldn’t be doing quick slides to avoid contact at the LoS
you ever see nesbitt's 1st grade pics?

You realize out of 129 FCS teams, only 2 would be favored to beat UGAg.

FBS teams. FCS teams ain't coming close to beatin these Mutts, even if the worst ones almost did two years ago.

As for the game itself Saturday, I thought UVa was really well coached defensively. They did a very good job limiting what we could. I think that played into PJ kind of searching for something that would work.
But as has been posted previously, we were shocked UVa didn't try to score at the end of the first half. That was a really strange and beneficial decision. We also didn't get throwing a fade on third and 1 right at the end of regulation. We weren't stopping their quarterback - why not give him a chance? Glad they didn't, tho.
Like the Miami game the week before, we had a gut check and passed.

That's my point, though. 3-4 last night likely means we beat UVA by 14+, since at least 2 of his misses would have been TDs. Even 2-4 means we win in regulation. And that's not even considering the argument that we throw more with a better QB.

We usually DON'T have a better QB. Out current QB is pretty much standard. Do the math. Vad was a bad QB that would have completed a few more passes. JT and Nesbitt are rare.

Nesbitt would have converted those third down and short plays
If your argument is that as long as we have Nesbitt 2.0 QBing for us, we can regularly beat UVA, I concede. But that's a dumb argument.

The tricks don't work on Bronco. I've been telling you guys this since he showed up. BYU kicked our ASS, and did so in pretty good years.

FBS teams. FCS teams ain't coming close to beatin these Mutts, even if the worst ones almost did two years ago.

As for the game itself Saturday, I thought UVa was really well coached defensively. They did a very good job limiting what we could. I think that played into PJ kind of searching for something that would work.
But as has been posted previously, we were shocked UVa didn't try to score at the end of the first half. That was a really strange and beneficial decision. We also didn't get throwing a fade on third and 1 right at the end of regulation. We weren't stopping their quarterback - why not give him a chance? Glad they didn't, tho.
Like the Miami game the week before, we had a gut check and passed.
Whatever. D1. Everyone knew what I meant

I honestly think we played the best QB we will face. That UVA QB has some wheels and an accurate arm. Hopefully, we slow the Gagger rum game and get some picks off Fromm

We usually DON'T have a better QB. Out current QB is pretty much standard. Do the math. Vad was a bad QB that would have completed a few more passes. JT and Nesbitt are rare.

JT and Nesbitt represent more than half our seasons at QB, right? So it doesn't seem too rare, unless the argument is that CPJ couldn't have gotten Nesbitt himself.

Rare, as in highly ranked recruits?

James Graham’s recruiting rankings are the same as those guys. 4* who is fast and can throw the ball.

Oh, and that hold on Camp was a brutal non call. Still, we thought he could have caught that if he had summoned a little inner Brad Stewart.
One more thing from Saturday. We could never lay a finger on 21, their free safety, who had the hold on Camp. That sumbitch was flying all over the field.

Back