Transfer Rankings

gambler

Went all in with 80k
If everyone that’s smarter than our current & two previous ADs is a genius, we’ve got a crap ton of geniuses running around.
Touche, yet somehow only 2 people are getting million dollar paydays.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
Touche, yet somehow only 2 people are getting million dollar paydays.
Yeah, but life has a way of evening things out over time. I’m not sure I’d take $3M to be publicly humiliated and destroy an organization I personally led. But then again, I’m not making nor have been offered $3M/yr so it’s easy for me to say.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
I’m not sure I’d take $3M to be publicly humiliated and destroy an organization I personally led
Melodrama is not suitable for leadership so it probably just isn't in the cards for you

Nehru Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, but life has a way of evening things out over time. I’m not sure I’d take $3M to be publicly humiliated and destroy an organization I personally led. But then again, I’m not making nor have been offered $3M/yr so it’s easy for me to say.
That brings up an interesting question. I know I wouldn’t take 3 million dollars to mess up something I love like my children or my family. Our coach seems to really love Georgia Tech football or maybe I’ve been fooled by the pitch.

clapper

Dodd-Like
Both these guys were very good players prior to getting injured. No telling where they’re at rehab wise or developmentally at the moment. Blackburn has what we’re looking for in a Tight End, he’s NFL caliber at that position in my opinion & not just getting a contract level, he‘s got Waller capabilities. Blackstrain‘s got serious talent & is an NFL level player. The injuries are troubling, but only someone really close to them would be able to tell if the injuries are just a minor bump in the road for them or something a bit more limiting. We should know by spring practice whether we got 2 Aces in the hole or not.
Why are you guys talking like these two are TEs? Both were recruited as WRs and the team roster still shows that.

Liberty

Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro
Why are you guys talking like these two are TEs? Both were recruited as WRs and the team roster still shows that.
No I’m talking about Blackburn as a Tight End. We recruited him as a WR, but actually look at him and you’ll come away with a different opinion. He’s got the size, strength, speed of Waller, Kelce, etc. Yeah he’d be a great college WR, but if GT or Blackburn are looking to maximize his potential get him over the middle. I’m sure Long will figure out where he needs him most, I’m guessing TE. Maybe won’t happen that way but that’s my opinion. Goober was clueless and would have wasted his talent at either position. Glad that idiot’s gone.

midatlantech

Dodd-Like
The portal allows top teams to dump players and reload with young four and five stars that are still trying to prove something.

Beej1953

Helluva Engineer
Largest transformation in college football history, or something. Have to eat some 3 win seasons before you can enjoy a 4 win season.
Don’t you know that CGC’s “404” marketing represents the win total for his next three seasons - 4, 0, 4? Or maybe his peak winning percentage in one season, .404 (although that would mean winning 5 games)

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
247 still has ? marks for the destinations of all of our outgoing players except for Gibbs. Will be interesting to see if and where they end up landing. NSD less than two weeks away

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
247 still has ? marks for the destinations of all of our outgoing players except for Gibbs. Will be interesting to see if and where they end up landing. NSD less than two weeks away
JaQuon Griffin announced he was heading to Coastal Carolina a while back. Yates will be transferring in the summer/fall, as he is finishing up at GT in May. Has some FCS offers. That may be the case for a couple of others, so just because we don't hear of anything before NSD doesn't mean those guys are out of luck. I bet there will be a couple who just hang it up after not finding a spot, though.

We will add additional transfers later, as well.

Last edited:

Beej1953

Helluva Engineer
JaQuon Griffin announced he was heading to Coastal Carolina a while back. Yates will be transferring in the summer/fall, as he is finishing up at GT in May. Has some FCS offers. That may be the case for a couple of others, so just because we don't hear of anything before NSD doesn't mean those guys are out of luck. I bet there will be a couple who just hang it up after not finding a spot, though.

We will add additional transfers later, as well.
Can players withdraw from the portal and go back to their original school? Although their old coaches may not want them back after showing lack of commitment to a program by entering the portal in the first place. Tech may have used up all their schollys with the incoming transfers, so maybe a moot point for us.

agt45

Distinguished Gentleman
I think also Rivals (or whoever runs that page) doesn’t put D2 and lower on there. So a lot of guys may still be playing just not at the D1 level.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Can players withdraw from the portal and go back to their original school? Although their old coaches may not want them back after showing lack of commitment to a program by entering the portal in the first place. Tech may have used up all their schollys with the incoming transfers, so maybe a moot point for us.
Yes, players can withraw from the portal and it is up to the original school whether they want to take them back. That is exactly what happened with Jamious Griffin. If you have room and they can help you, it makes sense to take them back. If not, no.