Transfer Rankings

Yes, players can withraw from the portal and it is up to the original school whether they want to take them back. That is exactly what happened with Jamious Griffin. If you have room and they can help you, it makes sense to take them back. If not, no.
You’d think guys would want to make a decision at least a few weeks before spring practices. Be nice to see a couple of our guys come back. Maybe Sanders and/or Ezzard?

You’d think guys would want to make a decision at least a few weeks before spring practices. Be nice to see a couple of our guys come back. Maybe Sanders and/or Ezzard?

I wouldn't mind having Sanders back, but I dunno his reasons for transferring. Could be graduate school related.

I wouldn't mind having Sanders back, but I dunno his reasons for transferring. Could be graduate school related.
Yea I'd let Sanders come back, he actually contributed. Ezzard is a bust though, no reason to waste a scholarship there.

Yea I'd let Sanders come back, he actually contributed. Ezzard is a bust though, no reason to waste a scholarship there.
Disagree. Ezzard performed well whenever he played. He simply didn’t play last year. Must have played poorly in practice? It must’ve been pretty bad practices for him to lose out the punt return job to whoever the hell screwed that up for us All Season Long.

247 still has ? marks for the destinations of all of our outgoing players except for Gibbs. Will be interesting to see if and where they end up landing. NSD less than two weeks away
There are going to be 100s of kids without homes this year. Lots of lessons learned about how and when to use the portal, I'm afraid.

Don't leave unless you already have a landing spot.

There are going to be 100s of kids without homes this year. Lots of lessons learned about how and when to use the portal, I'm afraid.

Don't leave unless you already have a landing spot.
Good. Let current players and recruits see mess through the transfer portal creates for them. Let it self-correct after all of these players end up without a college to even get a degree from.

We would have had much worse seasons in the past 3 years without the OL transfers.
The ones we gained or lost? It seems like we lose a lot of linemen for how desperately we need them

Smart move by the kid. Hell slot in as a primary receiver for one of the best passing offenses in football, play with the beat qb, and play for a team that has churned out like 10 1st round pick wrs in 5 years
One would think we weren't keeping Gibbs here even if we won a title like georgia. Just crazy...

Of course, in reality we sucked, and it made sense Gibbs looked elsewhere.

The ones we gained or lost? It seems like we lose a lot of linemen for how desperately we need them
Yea. Ideally we could develop players we recruit into good players. Maybe those days are gone with the transfer portal.

Will there ever be guys that redshirt, don’t play as rFR, play STs and mop up as a sophomore, then grow into great players for their JR/SR year?

Seems like that model is gone. Players feel like they have to play right away. And coaches have no qualms just to recruit over you with the portal anyway. So why wait around?

One would think we weren't keeping Gibbs here even if we won a title like georgia. Just crazy...

Of course, in reality we sucked, and it made sense Gibbs looked elsewhere.
Well Gibbs was also an all American that made how much in NIL at GT? He’ll do much better with his Bama paycheck.

Burton could get paid at either place. But Bama gives him a chance to help his draft eligibility with performance.

Yea. Ideally we could develop players we recruit into good players. Maybe those days are gone with the transfer portal.

Will there ever be guys that redshirt, don’t play as rFR, play STs and mop up as a sophomore, then grow into great players for their JR/SR year?

Seems like that model is gone. Players feel like they have to play right away. And coaches have no qualms just to recruit over you with the portal anyway. So why wait around?
Also, if they did wait and develop, nothing stops them from leaving for greener pastures once they are a star...

Gibbs played every game this year. Had 200+ touches and 2,000 yards. Don’t remember him being hurt much.

He did hurt his knee last year. Not sure that equates to being hurt the entire time he was here though.
Gibbs exited the UGAy game this year after the opening kickoff.

Back