Transfer

Rivals mentioned that a while back. Brian Kelly has been blocking a bunch of recruits from transferring. He wouldn't let Lynch go to UF, FSU or Miami which forced him to USF. He blocked Tuitt from GT (and others I imagine). He wanted to be at GT to begin with and now he wanted back. Sucks

I feel like someone should have seen this one coming. :hsugh:

I have zero doubts that Kelly is a huge douche whether this rumor is true or not.

Now why would you say something nasty like that?

2011-September-3-19-30-53-628x353.jpg

Well cool, when Kelly's head explodes and / or he quits this year, maybe we can get Tuitt. :lol:

Rivals mentioned that a while back. Brian Kelly has been blocking a bunch of recruits from transferring. He wouldn't let Lynch go to UF, FSU or Miami which forced him to USF. He blocked Tuitt from GT (and others I imagine). He wanted to be at GT to begin with and now he wanted back. Sucks

If he really really wants to transfer, can't he do it even without Brian Kelley's blessing, just losing a year of eligibility?

If he really really wants to transfer, can't he do it even without Brian Kelley's blessing, just losing a year of eligibility?

Nah he loses a year either way. The big issue across the country right now is the coaches ability to simply list off schools that the student athlete simply cannot go to (not sure if it's can't "attend" or can't "play football for"). That's what all the drama right now is over, b/c the coach doesn't have to have a reason to block any particular school he doesn't want them going to.

But all Tuitt would have to do is make the story public and the coach would probably give in as most due once their BS policies are put in the spotlight.

Of course I have no reason to believe this Tuitt rumor until something more substantial is presented.

Pretty sure that's not all he, and to a greater extent his maternal unit, would lose if he transfers.

He would lose 2 years of eligibility if he didn't get a release from his school.

Nah he loses a year either way. The big issue across the country right now is the coaches ability to simply list off schools that the student athlete simply cannot go to (not sure if it's can't "attend" or can't "play football for"). That's what all the drama right now is over, b/c the coach doesn't have to have a reason to block any particular school he doesn't want them going to.

So, wait...I think I just confused myself.

Then, does the coach need to "officially" release him from his scholarship before he's able to transfer per NCAA regulations or something? And that's where coaches play the silly games of you can go anywhere except A, B, or C.

EDIT:

Nevermind...this answers my question.

He would lose 2 years of eligibility if he didn't get a release from his school.

I thought schollys lost at the most 1-year of eligibility regardless of the circumstances around the transfer (outside of the hardship type transfers).

But all Tuitt would have to do is make the story public and the coach would probably give in as most due once their BS policies are put in the spotlight.

Of course I have no reason to believe this Tuitt rumor until something more substantial is presented.

They can transfer to any school they want. They just can't be on scholarship so they have to pay their own way the first year. That's only if their current school doesn't release them from their current scholarship. They still have to sit out a year regardless.

They can transfer to any school they want. They just can't be on scholarship so they have to pay their own way the first year. That's only if their current school doesn't release them from their current scholarship. They still have to sit out a year regardless.

Ah okay. Still, if a player wanted it bad enough, he could just take the story public and force the coaches hand. Teams within the conference or on the schedule for the next 3 years are really the only justifiable schools to block since the player could play against them and/or impart knowledge of schemes/personnel/signals/playcalls etc.

Ah okay. Still, if a player wanted it bad enough, he could just take the story public and force the coaches hand. Teams within the conference or on the schedule for the next 3 years are really the only justifiable schools to block since the player could play against them and/or impart knowledge of schemes/personnel/signals/playcalls etc.

Yeah, but if mama's getting paid so that you don't go to school x, the coach may want to prevent you from going to school x after the check clears.

I noted that part of Coach Dooley's decision criteria for the release from scholarship was the "professionalisim" of the student athlete. Huh?

glad to see we're not the only fanbase that immediately starts bashing a player when he decides to go play somewhere else.

If it is Tuitt the term "HC" that was used in the alleged post on the AJC has nothing to do with Kelly...HC = Head ****...less we forget who is in charge of Mr. Tuitt.

I noted that part of Coach Dooley's decision criteria for the release from scholarship was the "professionalisim" of the student athlete. Huh?

revealing. in other words, is the other school paying more? if not, stick to where they are paying you more to not play.

Back