Transfers heating up...as needed

We finally have a coach who knows how to play the game that the corrupt NCAA has evolved in to. I hate what college sports has become but I’m happy we finally will be bringing a gun to a gun fight. The transfer portal is just the newest tumor the corrupt NCAA has allowed to grow. And no one is being forced out of GT. These players are making a personal decision to not sit the bench.

This is the actual truth.

Jaylen Jackson appears in her feed. Maybe him. I wonder if he regrets flippng from Cincinnati?

Jeezus we lose plenty more on average every year than the supposed 3 we will have “over the limit”.

I hope CGC is as good as getting the number down as CCG & CPJ were.

Seems like some ( not saying Scion) won’t be happy until we handicap ourselves further with a 75 to 80 player roster.

FWIW I mixed up 2019 and 2020. Too much juice

Pretty amazing we have only had 2 guys leave so far; I imagine the average for a coaching transition is like 10-12. The CCG-CPJ shift was around 15 I believe.

Jaylen Jackson may be another one to keep an eye on. She said 'players' - plural. He is from a similar part of the state as her, so she may have somewhat inside info if they share mutual connections. Also, a former HS teammate of Jaylen and current Mercer football player 'liked' her tweet.

Last edited:
JJ Green is the worst.

Also I feel like KSU is gonna try and load up on these guys.

Jaylen Jackson may be another one to keep an eye on. She said 'players' - plural. He is from a similar part of the state as her, so she may have somewhat inside info if they share mutual connections. Also, a former HS teammate of Jaylen and current Mercer football player 'liked' her tweet.
I bet we lose a RB. I have no insider information on anything, btw.

Mercer. Now that’s a football team where I care what its players think.

(And I went there).

Way to go out on a limb there considering we have about 600 of them.
Well, it makes sense. Strange how when we lost Mills we were panicking about running backs, now we have a crap ton of them

Well, it makes sense. Strange how when we lost Mills we were panicking about running backs, now we have a crap ton of them

Yeah, A-backs are the biggest challenge, but we are pretty crowded with traditonal running backs, too. The only place for A-backs to play in the new offense would be slot receiver, but CGC is looking for elite speed there. Early enrollee Ahmaerean Brown has pretty much become the # 1 guy there already, and I expect Kalani Norris to push for PT in the slot when he arrives in the fall. Something's gotta give, there.

We finally have a coach who knows how to play the game that the corrupt NCAA has evolved in to. I hate what college sports has become but I’m happy we finally will be bringing a gun to a gun fight. The transfer portal is just the newest tumor the corrupt NCAA has allowed to grow. And no one is being forced out of GT. These players are making a personal decision to not sit the bench.

BiGTime college football - if you ain't 3 deep then best to you in your future endeavors.

Back