Tucker Gleason Leaving

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
Not too surprising. Any year in which we sign two scholarship QBs is likely to be followed by a transfer the following year.

agt45

Distinguished Gentleman
My guess is the staff knew this was coming. Sims got hurt and had to leave the Pitt game leaving us with one scholarship QB for the Miami game. Yikes.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Thanks, Tucker, and best of luck where you land unless you are on our schedule that day. I know you will be a good one!

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
My guess is the staff knew this was coming. Sims got hurt and had to leave the Pitt game leaving us with one scholarship QB for the Miami game. Yikes.
Wouldn't Gleason have been available if the Miami game was still on? Doubt he enters the portal this week if the game wasn't canceled.

And Tobias Oliver could always have been used if things got really dire.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Just the way it is now. Tucker was our first commit and when we got Sims on signing day, the competition was probably going to decide who stayed and who transferred. Sucks that he didn't get a real preseason and we never got to see what he can do. I am high on Peery, though. I do hope Yates stays as the backup who knows the offense.

Tuck's HS coach is the QB coach at Toledo now, so it would make a lot of sense for him to go there.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Just the way it is now. Tucker was our first commit and when we got Sims on signing day, the competition was probably going to decide who stayed and who transferred. Sucks that he didn't get a real preseason and we never got to see what he can do. I am high on Peery, though. I do hope Yates stays as the backup who knows the offense.

Tuck's HS coach is the QB coach at Toledo now, so it would make a lot of sense for him to go there.
Good point. Tuck gave our program credibility when we really needed it by committing and believing. He helped us without ever stepping on the field.

TampaBayJacket

Dodd-Like
Big Tucker Gleason fan here. Totally bummed but this is modern CFB, especially at the QB position. For example, Clemson/Duke QB Chase Brice is now in the portal again, three years in a row. I can never fault kids for doing whats best for them.

Tampa Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Do any high school football players choose a college for its degree and potential for long-term success anymore? Or do they all think they are going to be the 1 out of 1000 that make a living playing on Sundays?

Last I checked Georgia Tech has the highest starting income of any college in America other than the private schools where grads went to work for their rich fathers or their father’s friends.

If you are a player on our team you are not competing for playing time against a bunch of five star recruits from classes that finished in the top five for the past four years. If you cannot get on the field competing against our players right now you have to have almost zero chance of ever cashing checks playing on Sundays. Oh well. I wish him the best. But I think it’s a mistake to give up the GT degree.

Last edited: