Twelve Team Playoff question

Yes, Clemson and FSU have won MNC’s.

I don’t really understand why you think the ACC will be at such a disadvantage? Because of the lack of elite teams, a 3rd team has a very good chance to get a bid.

Reality is, the conference has a lot of 7 win programs, with a couple that have a shot at 10+ every once and a while. The only way the ACC is going to get more than 2 is for the 3rd place team winning 10 games. Whether that’s the group of NCSU, GT, VT, UNC, Miami, Louisville remains to be seen. Odds are against NCSU based on 1 10 win season in their history. Louisville looks like the next best chance like they did in 2023. But they can’t keep losing to a middle tier team like UK. Miami is a mythical name only at this point. Recruiting rankings mean nothing until they win more games. UNC starts off hot and fades. GT, VT are still rebounding into form. Sleeper is SMU in the future.

If you honestly think the B1G isn’t one of the top 2 conferences with the following, I don’t know what to tell you.

1. Michigan
2. tOSU
3. Oregon
4. PSU
5. USC

And I don’t need to go any further outside of those 5 for this discussion (which isn’t adding the MNC game participant UW). The B1G has depth. Period.

I’m going to assume with a straight face, you’re actually trying to say the ACC is the 2nd best conference? Sorry, but you’re only fooling one person. Yourself.
I’m not trying to say the ACC is second best. I’m trying to say the Big Ten is not the second best. Since that’s what I said.

I’m not trying to say the ACC is second best. I’m trying to say the Big Ten is not the second best. Since that’s what I said.
It doesn’t matter who #1A / 1B (B1G, sec) is right now. There is no current threat from #3/#4 (ACC, B12) to get into that conversation. In order to ensure 3 future conferences, the ACC / B12 need to merge in the next 3-5 years as the never ending expansion game continues.

Truthfully, CFB should have their own conferences, all other sports (including hoops) should stay as is (ACC, B1G, B12, P12, sec). Logically that would have made much more sense for hoops, baseball on down to the non revenue generating sports. Those will suffer the most in 2025 with all the cross country travel.

This makes absolutely no sense. Reality is if it was 2024 (and not 2023) and UofL not wet the bed and lost to a HORRIBLE Pitt team, only losing to UK, FSU to finish 11-2, they would have made the CFP in a 12 team Playoff. No doubt about. In 2023 UofL had the worst loss of any Top 15 team. Ended up finishing 10-4. Next best teams were 9 win Clemson, NCSU.

You can’t say that with a straight face can you? If a 12 team playoff would have been set last year there is no way Louisville would have sniffed it at 11-2. They would have suppressed them in the polls all season. You are pretending the polls are honest.

Look at what they did to the playoff we actually had for 2023 which was 4. They took a team that was ranked in the top 4, hadn’t lost all season, and won its conference. What did they do? They booted them out of the money games. They would have done the exact same to Louisville if they were sitting at 10 and the money games began at 12.

You’ll see over the next few years when suddenly we have a lot of firsts and a lot of poll movement like we saw with FSU. It’s going to be fun to watch and see the handwringing and all the confusion even though they have already showed us.

You can’t say that with a straight face can you? If a 12 team playoff would have been set last year there is no way Louisville would have sniffed it at 11-2. They would have suppressed them in the polls all season. You are pretending the polls are honest.

Look at what they did to the playoff we actually had for 2023 which was 4. They took a team that was ranked in the top 4, hadn’t lost all season, and won its conference. What did they do? They booted them out of the money games. They would have done the exact same to Louisville if they were sitting at 10 and the money games began at 12.

You’ll see over the next few years when suddenly we have a lot of firsts and a lot of poll movement like we saw with FSU. It’s going to be fun to watch and see the handwringing and all the confusion even though they have already showed us.
Again, you are completely ignoring facts as it relates to UofL last year. So here they are heading into rivalry week against UK.

-With the worst loss (Pitt) by far of any Top 15 team, UofL was #10.
-UofL would have been ahead of at least #9 Mizzou (9-2) before the UK game without that loss to Pitt. Agree or disagree?

FSU was booted out due to an injury to their #1 player. Plain and simple. Had Jordan Travis not been out, FSU was in. You can die on the sword about some other conspiracy theory about a narrative against the ACC, but it was as simple as that. And the AD of NCSU was the rep. The so called statement is “Best 4 teams” not most deserving. FSU without Jordan Travis was not a Top 4 team. Fair or not, that was reality.

Texas, Alabama would have been the real argument without the injury to Travis. And a head-to-head matchup should have easily determined the pick.

And Louisville lost to the team they moved down the rankings in the final poll. They would have done the same to Louisville if it mattered who was 10, 11, or 12. They would simply have said a team who lost by double digits to a team on their backup QB doesn’t belong.

And you are the one ignoring facts with all this. The facts are we had a 4 team playoff for the 2023 season not 12. And the committee (not a conspiracy but facts) hand selected a team from the SEC, a team going to the SEC, a BIG team, and a team going to the BIG. Those are simple facts. You can spin all day long about the “why” - if Travis this, if Auburn that. Sankey and Pettiti got exactly what they wanted. You’ll see next year when the top 12 actually matter how they manipulate it. We can discuss then why teams with 2-3 losses are ranked ahead of teams with 1-2 losses.

No Der Dame will be ranked higher than the ACC number two even if they have six losses.
Interesting take. ND only had three losses last year and finished behind the #2 ACC team (and lost head-to-head).

Interesting take. ND only had three losses last year and finished behind the #2 ACC team (and lost head-to-head).
Because it didn’t matter last year. How does anyone not understand that? Outside of who was ranked 1-4 none of it mattered. Whether you were ranked 5th or 14th, the rankings didn’t matter because it was just a bunch of worthless bowl games. Now that 1-12 ACTUALLY matters you’ll see the exact same shenanigans for the 9-12 rankings as you saw in the 4th spot this year.

Obviously, ND won’t get in with 6 losses. But they are treated just like SEC and BIG teams. They will always get pushed up when they are close. Next November is going to be awesome watching the propaganda in its full glory.

Back