UGA using GSU to prepare for GT

Yellow Fever

Jolly Good Fellow
11-17-2012 Vs. Georgia Southern
11-24-2012 Vs. Georgia Tech

I really hate that UGA vs GSU game is not the first game of the season like it has always been for two reasons. It will help UGA prepare for Tech and if the game is as close as I expect it to be then GSU will keep their starters in long into the game and risk injury before the playoffs start the following week.

GSU will have a similar QB to Tevin next season after Shaw graduates and McKinnon takes over.

One saving grace is that our offense has evolved from the way that PJ typically runs it. Monken has us running out of the shotgun about 20% of the time. So it may not be the exact same offense as Tech but IMO it can only help UGA prepare.

11-17-2012 Vs. Georgia Southern
11-24-2012 Vs. Georgia Tech

I really hate that UGA vs GSU game is not the first game of the season like it has always been for two reasons. It will help UGA prepare for Tech and if the game is as close as I expect it to be then GSU will keep their starters in long into the game and risk injury before the playoffs start the following week.

GSU will have a similar QB to Tevin next season after Shaw graduates and McKinnon takes over.

One saving grace is that our offense has evolved from the way that PJ typically runs it. Monken has us running out of the shotgun about 20% of the time. So it may not be the exact same offense as Tech but IMO it can only help UGA prepare.

Maybe Monken gives them a big "fffffuuuuuuuu" and runs the run and shoot instead :rotfl:

Well aren't they just smart. I hate those cheaters. I hate them so ööööing bad. I hope it back fires on them and GT still kicks their inbred dog loving asses.

Good, teams have a terrible record the week after playing us. Win or lose, I hope GSU pounds the crap out of their front 7 all game long.

We'll come in the next week and give them more of the same. I feel really good about our chances this year.

So they will lose to two options team in the same year...what is the problem?

We should schedule someone with a boring NFL offense.

Oh wait, we already do.

I believe in Monken. I also believe Matt Damon is smarter than UGAy's DC. They'll make that one a good one.

Honestly, I assume CPJ is smarter than whoever may be at the helm over in Athens next year. More importantly, I assume CPJ is more knowledgeable with his offense than Grantham is in defending CPJ's offense.

With that said, I'd say it gives us the bigger advantage in that CPJ gets to watch film on exactly how they'll defend.

In the other thread about game preparation, someone mentioned that part of the prep work is figuring out how the opposing DC will scheme. Well, CPJ doesn't have to even figure it out - he'll get to watch how they defended it the week prior.

Don't think CPJ and Monken wont be super close about this game and talking about schemes and whatnot

Honestly, I assume CPJ is smarter than whoever may be at the helm over in Athens next year. More importantly, I assume CPJ is more knowledgeable with his offense than Grantham is in defending CPJ's offense.

With that said, I'd say it gives us the bigger advantage in that CPJ gets to watch film on exactly how they'll defend.

In the other thread about game preparation, someone mentioned that part of the prep work is figuring out how the opposing DC will scheme. Well, CPJ doesn't have to even figure it out - he'll get to watch how they defended it the week prior.

This. I think it's at best a wash whether it helps them being able to play against it or us being able to see how they play against it. I expect it helps us more. Plus, it's a big psychological advantage for us. It communicates to both their players and ours that they're afraid of us.

I agree with this. I think it gives both coaches an advantage. Grantham will get 2 weeks of practice + a game to teach the fundamentals of defending the option and CPJ will get a preview of how Grantham is planning to defend certain plays. But seeing as how CPJ is a lot better/smarter than Grantham, I'd guess it helps us more.

Well once again, I have been arguing that we need to move the UGA game to the first game of the year. This is another example of UGA doing everything they can to help their cause against us. We do nothing and get it handed to us and we're supposed to be the smart ones.

Well once again, I have been arguing that we need to move the UGA game to the first game of the year. This is another example of UGA doing everything they can to help their cause against us. We do nothing and get it handed to us and we're supposed to be the smart ones.

...TIC I assume?

This years GT vs UGA game is a must win (just like every year) because if the dawgs get beat then it'll be the end of richty

Don't the coordinators usually leave with the head coaches? Because it's alot less likely that Richt's contract means a hill of beans after this year.

Probably (a la Tenuta), but I also don't think DCs have lucrative contracts like Grantham's. Remember, uga was getting embarrassed more with each passing day they didn't have a DC after getting stood up numerous times.

Then again, you're probably right. They'll be so fed up with St Richt they'll be willing to do whatever to clean house.

The film from that game will benefit us much more than it benefits them. This is a GREAT THING!!! Thanks UGA!!! ööööing retards!

Back