UGA using GSU to prepare for GT

The film from that game will benefit us much more than it benefits them. This is a GREAT THING!!! Thanks UGA!!! ööööing retards!
This. This right here.

Furthermore, if our entire game plan is to win by fooling UGA, we're ööööed. It's not like Paul's offense doesn't have footage or that they don't know what we're going to do. This is one of those stupid philosophies that refuses to die. You think Alabama cares that Auburn plays team that run a pro-set prior to the Iron Bowl?

Choke1.jpg

#1 Google image result for "choke sign". Try it yourself, kids. It works.

I don't watch a lot of GSU football (other than going to the game, there's not many options). How similar is their current offense to what we run now?

Maybe, This way UGA will be the 3rd Place team in the State of Georgia!

THWG 24/7/365

I don't watch a lot of GSU football (other than going to the game, there's not many options). How similar is their current offense to what we run now?

It was virtually identical until this year. So far, it's about 80% standard triple option and about 20% shotgun triple option (just like Air Force). It's still assignment football, but GSU looks different. They use TEs and different formations. It won't look the the same as GT.

It was virtually identical until this year. So far, it's about 80% standard triple option and about 20% shotgun triple option (just like Air Force). It's still assignment football, but GSU looks different. They use TEs and different formations. It won't look the the same as GT.

This. A couple of wrinkles to get extra blockers out there and a different look.
They'll run rocket sweep, double option with the B back, etc, a lot of the same plays Tech runs, too.
Southern's coaching staff is pretty well versed in the triple, beyond Monken. Ray Gregory has been on the same staff with PJ a couple of different times. Brent Davis coached at Southern under PJ and Mitch Ware coached with Sewak when he was the HC at GSU. They know their stuff. And next year, when McKinnon and Youtube are running the show ... oh ... my ... God.
As far as Grantham's buyout, I hate to say it, but I think that's just pocket change to the Mutts.

I think UGA makes an endless river of money from licensing. They whore themselves so much it's unreal. And folks buy all of it. Plus, there's the alumni dying to fork over their wallets for any cause... I too think it's pocket change....

Youyoute (youtube) and McKinnon are going to be ridiculous. There's some other QBs in waiting that are crazy good too.

If UGA wants to use GSU as homework, that's fine. If anything, it'd work to GT's advantage more than scheduling us will work to theirs.

This just means when CPJ watches the tape he'll say to himself, "They did X to stop Y so I'll do Z."

They just made it easier for us.

It may be better for us that they don't have the week off. Lets hope Monken chop blocks the öööö out of them. How funny would it be if they lost both games?

Lets not forget, UGA is going to have an all new staff next year, so we won't have seen how they plan on defending the option either. This will give us a preview of how they plan on defending it, so we can plan ahead.

They just freakin blew it big time. I mean if I've got a guy in my corner who will benefit the most from being able to see how they plan to defend the option, it CPJ. Like others have mentioned as well, CPJ and Monken are close and will definitely talk a lot about what they did.

This was an incredibly stupid move by the mutts. If Richt is back with Grantham, they really gain no advantage against us other than having 2 weeks to teach the team.....and we have a huge advantage because we see exactly what their reads are.

If Richt isn't there, we have an even bigger advantage, because otherwise we'd have absolutely no idea how they would plan on defending us, and now, we'll get to see first hand what they plan to do.

The other option is that they play GSU one way and us another, thinking they can be vanilla against GSU and then go crazy against us....but as CPJ says, when you try to do something that is out of line with what you've been doing, you cause more confusion and generally "cute" your way out of position.

I am loving that they did this. Much like we let them score last year at the end of the game, CPJ is smarter than anyone over there, and Richt basically admitted it in the press confrence last year after the game.

On the flipside, if UGA was well coached, then they'd do what Wake did to us, which is schedule Navy, defend them with one front, and then completely change their defense and defend us with a different front that we didn't practice against at all.

There's no way Grantham is that smart. Guy is a complete dumbass.

I'm not entirely sure the UGA plan was to schedule an option team so much as it was to schedule a perceived easy win. I'm sure the schedule was made before Monken had them this far along. I think it will backfire on them. Monken's Eagles are now ranked number 1 in their division. I believe they will give the Dogs fits.

Unless the defensive coodinator changes, I can't fear the UGA defense anyway. Last year we ran all over them for four quarters with an inexperienced quarterback, some of our best linemen injured, and no passing threat whatsoever. If we lose to them in 2012 it will be because they outscore us.

I'm not entirely sure the UGA plan was to schedule an option team so much as it was to schedule a perceived easy win.
You're crazy. They scheduled this game to practice vs the 3O, and they probably scheduled it right after we beat them in 08.

Unless the defensive coodinator changes, I can't fear the UGA defense anyway. Last year we ran all over them for four quarters with an inexperienced quarterback, some of our best linemen injured, and no passing threat whatsoever. If we lose to them in 2012 it will be because they outscore us.
/agree.

But there's zero chance Richt makes it past this season anyway, so their DC is guaranteed to be new.

it's either schedule a bye week before us or an option team.....

GSU= georgia state
find another abbreviation

GSU /= Georgia State
GSU = Georgia Southern

just like

Tech = Georgia Tech, not Virginia Tech

How come Lee Corso calls VT "Tech?" Because he's an idiot.

Back