UGAg fans are up at arms over at the farm

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Kinda sad letting an administrator run off the greatest single person ever to be a part of their athletic program. Reminds me of how our administrators are trying to run off our entire football program by making us look like the bumbling bees instead of the Yellow Jackets.
We enjoyed our association with Coach Dodd and I can't imagine our alumni and fans would have let him been treated like Dooley is at this moment.
Maybe we could lend them some of our extra tar and feathers (they'll have to procure their own rail).

they've pulled out all stops.

online petitions, letters to high rolling $$ giving rednecks, letters to state legislators, emails to anyone and everyone remotely related.

it's very amusing that they make fun of us for doing the same and here they are ..

poor mutts

Big problems are ahead for ugag because of two power hungry ego's. Both Adams and Dooley are to be blamed.Show Adams the door and give Dooley his private box and let him wave to the barking faithful on saturdays.When Adams steps down,I bet the new president has a football background on his resume!

I think this whole thing is hilarious... Dooley is just playing politics pure and simple... they agreed to a contract, Dooley changed his mind, Adams didnt... I dont see the problem... they agreed to a contract, and Dooley should retire...

Now as for Dooley, Georgia has won 7 SEC Championships in 40 years (not exactly my idea of a bonafide program)... Georgia football has been on probation 7 times during those 40 years, I know, no TV loss etc, but probation nonetheless.. Dooley was responsible for exploiting the likes of Andre "Pulpwood" Smith... presided over the Jan Kemp debacle.. and truth be known, if Hershel had decided to go to another school there never would have been a NC and you can take 3 SEC championships away...

Dooley is very popular among the Dawg faithful... revered by many in the state... he has done many good things for college football.. but in my opinion, he borders being a crook..

Dawg fans are moaning.. but Adams has treated Dooley much better than Dooley did Erk Russell... what goes around comes around...

we may be laughing at them being "up in arms" as you put, but they are laughing equally or more about us wanting our AD out due to our problems.

Originally posted by GeeTee:
we may be laughing at them being "up in arms" as you put, but they are laughing equally or more about us wanting our AD out due to our problems.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">whatever

Jacketguy, I agree with your assessment. Dooley is way to overhyped.

Had he not been so arrogant, he could do as Frank Howard, Johnny Vaught, etc. did - keep an office, have a cush box seat, and basically rub dub with the rednecks who drop by to have their ego stroked.

Instead, at 70, he wants to stay around and make sure the women's track team is improving? His management skills leave alot to be desired judging from their problems. He's benefited from being at a school in a great footall playing state that is awash in money. He's a dog, so no sympathy forthcoming from here.

The follow up post I also agree with. What goes on over there I don't give a rats you know what about. We've got our own AD problems, and in my judgement theirs pale in comparison to ours.

Plus, Steinbrenner junior will at least do something, whether you agree with it or not. Our admin hides and takes years rather than months to confront obvious problems.

Pooooor Vince - he was born with tobacco in his mouth!

Originally posted by Father WASP:
[QB]I
The follow up post I also agree with. What goes on over there I don't give a rats you know what about. We've got our own AD problems, and in my judgement theirs pale in comparison to ours.

Plus, Steinbrenner junior will at least do something, whether you agree with it or not. Our admin hides and takes years rather than months to confront obvious problems.

QB]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You don't give an r/a about what goes on over there...unless it gives you a chance to bash Tech. Which you never pass up a chance to do. Even your relatively neutral posts (about uniform numbers, for instance) reflect negatively on Tech.

What's your point?

I for one don't care about UGAg's problems. I want GT to right the ship immediately. The phrase To Hell with Georgia applies here. Let them swim in the own swill.

Good call Belly for Father Wisp (Wasp)to put up or retreat.

behead.gif

Originally posted by pjjacket:
I for one don't care about UGAg's problems. I want GT to right the ship immediately. The phrase To Hell with Georgia applies here. Let them swim in the own swill.

Good call Belly for Father Wisp (Wasp)to put up or retreat.

behead.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'll second that "To Hell with Georgia".

Belly, your statements are "positive???" You've been attending your sensisivity classes again, haven't you? So now those of us who make a remark about wanting earlier era darker numbers are "bashing"? Drink some prune juice and unclog yourself fella, there's more than just me out here who care about football and we ain't leaving.

Originally posted by Father WASP:
Belly, your statements are "positive???" You've been attending your sensisivity classes again, haven't you? So now those of us who make a remark about wanting earlier era darker numbers are "bashing"? Drink some prune juice and unclog yourself fella, there's more than just me out here who care about football and we ain't leaving.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Nice dodge,FW. You've gotten good at it.

Originally posted by ylojk8:
they've pulled out all stops.

online petitions, letters to high rolling $$ giving rednecks, letters to state legislators, emails to anyone and everyone remotely related.

it's very amusing that they make fun of us for doing the same and here they are ..

poor mutts
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">this thread was just meant to highlight the fact that mutts laugh at us for doing "dorky" things like online petitions and writing emails to administrators.

and now they are freaking out down in the farm.

they have an axe adams website!

this thread was not about their problems, just the fact that they are going 22 steps further in their "dorky" campaign against michael adams.

to hell with georgia

Here's the two situations:

Situation A:

Alumni and fans send e-mails, complaints, and start a petition because a the University President has single-handedly attempted to alienate one of the most respected figures in UGA history; a figure that has been involved with UGA athletics for 40 years; a figure that has brought UGA athletics to a level such that it is consistently a top 10 athletic program, in contention for the Sears Directors Cup on a regular basis.

Situation B:

Alumni and fans send e-mails, complaints, and start a petition because their in-state rival got a few more lines of ink in the Atlanta newspaper.

Hmm...apples / oranges...no, more like apples / WATERMELONS!

In addition, your the GT petition / complaints had a lot to do with UGA. Ofcourse we are going to make fun of it. Our beloved alma mater is part of the reason for the distress of those complaining.

The UGA petitions and complaints have NOTHING to do with GT.

Bottom line: It's more about making fun of the complaint invloved, not the actual medium for which the complaint is delivered. At least that's my opinion.

Originally posted by sfalco:
Here's the two situations:

Situation A:

Alumni and fans send e-mails, complaints, and start a petition because a the University President has single-handedly attempted to alienate one of the most respected figures in UGA history; a figure that has been involved with UGA athletics for 40 years; a figure that has brought UGA athletics to a level such that it is consistently a top 10 athletic program, in contention for the Sears Directors Cup on a regular basis.

Situation B:

Alumni and fans send e-mails, complaints, and start a petition because their in-state rival got a few more lines of ink in the Atlanta newspaper.

Hmm...apples / oranges...no, more like apples / WATERMELONS!

In addition, your the GT petition / complaints had a lot to do with UGA. Ofcourse we are going to make fun of it. Our beloved alma mater is part of the reason for the distress of those complaining.

The UGA petitions and complaints have NOTHING to do with GT.

Bottom line: It's more about making fun of the complaint invloved, not the actual medium for which the complaint is delivered. At least that's my opinion.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">lol .. super mutt on the cue.

yeah .. you are all dorks .. online petitions .. lmao. as soon as i heard that vince dooley was not given an extension .. i knew there'd be an online petition.

good stuff though coming up with the super mutt spin. i hope you are enjoying the dorkiness of the "save vince dooley" campaign. i sure am!

this is the latest greatest most dorkest scheme to come out of the farm for the campaign.

apparently there's a mutt who is trying to rally many more mutts to stop sending their usual redneck dollars to their "alma mutter" and instead send them a check for 34 cents.

why 34 cents? cause herschel walker's number was 34! what dorks! LOL

what is that you say? you want a link? alright..

LINK: online athens story .. it's true folks! 34 cents! what dorks!!!!!!

and michael adams woke up today and is wondering why the hell people are mad at him when he finally eradicated V.D. from athens. he was actually hoping for a felicitation from the Center of Disease Control!

the above link also talks about their online campaign. www.axe-adams.com

also notice the caption of the infectious disease signing letters in the MUTTS-MEHRE building in sfalcomutt's alma mutter! LMAO

On cue? I have ignored this post for 3 days. But after your second attempt to point out something that is cetainly not the case, I just figured I'd try to help you stop embarassing yourself.

Your comments have made it clear that you have no clue as to why we were making fun of the GT petition. I have explained it to you above but you fail to recognize it and reside to calling us "dorks", like a WWF fan calling NASCAR fans rednecks.

Nevertheless, my mistake was trying to help you cease making a fool of yourself. It is a feat for NO man.

On cue? I have ignored this post for 3 days. But after your second attempt to point out something that is cetainly not the case, I just figured I'd try to help you stop embarassing yourself.

Your comments have made it clear that you have no clue as to why we were making fun of the GT petition. I have explained it to you above but you fail to recognize it and reside to calling us "dorks", like a WWF fan calling NASCAR fans rednecks.

Nevertheless, my mistake was trying to help you cease making a fool of yourself. It is a feat for NO man.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL .. i see .. it is a feat for NO man? then it surely it is NO feat for a MUTT! LMAO

it is your alma mutter's president, vince dooley, herschel walker, the "let's send 34 cents to my alma mutter to make a point" mutt and his mutt friends that are looking like fools right now.

online petitions are dorky no matter what the petition is for. save the earth, global warming, biased reporting, or axing presidents

however the online petition's dorkiness pales in front of the 34 cents idea. man .. that guy is an absolute dork! what's more .. he might be able to find 10000 mutts like him ... HAHAHA

One man, laughing alone, while everyone else just stares in pity at him...sad.

One man, laughing alone, while everyone else just stares in pity at him...sad.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Stingtalk am i alone? who all finds the 34 cents petition hilarious?

They're trying to keep the AD who was heading up athletics for two conference championships over a span of some 27 years or so? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding this..

Back