UGAg fans are up at arms over at the farm

Originally posted by The Jacket:
They're trying to keep the AD who was heading up athletics for two conference championships over a span of some 27 years or so? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding this..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">not only that .. but they're keeping the AD that had them under major NCAA infractions on an average of 1 every 4 years for the last 20 years

thejacket .. do you or do you not find the 34 cents petition hilarious? or am i alone on this one?

"They're trying to keep the AD who was heading up athletics for two conference championships over a span of some 27 years or so? I'm having a bit of trouble understanding this.."

1. If you are syaing that UGA football has "underachieved" under his watch as athletic director than, well, that is arguable. But if you are using 2 SEC Championships as the reason I'll argue it has more to do with the rise of UF, Spurrier, and UT.

2. Dooley coached the FB team during some of the best years at UGA. Fans aren't going to forget him.

3. Dooley has done alot for UGA athletic in general, not just FB. UGA is more often than not one of the top 5 or 10 athletic programs overall in the country, according to the Sears Directors Cup standings.

I'm not arguing for or against the ending of VD as AD. I'm just showing you why many fans don't like the way it was handled, along with trying to educate ylojk8.

Regarding the 34 cents thing...Apparently Herschel Walker was the first one to publicly take a stand on this issue by refusing to make any further donations.

I guess since he was the first one to financially voice his opinion, and since he was #34 when he played at UGA, a group of fans thought sending in checks for 34 cents instead of thousands of $ would be a creative way to send a message to those in power.

creative? yes
dorky? YES
hilarious? HELL YES
grin.gif

scene at red dog bar

redneck 1: "duuuuhhhhh dadgum that addums fellow isn't treating mah vince right. duhhhhh i won't send my twenny dollars to mah alma mutter this year .. "

redneck 2: "i'll send them duhhh 34 cents. 3 dimes and duhhh 4 pennies yes. 34 was mah herschel's number .. "

redneck 3: "duhhhh i'll send them 3 dimes and a nickel and ask for a penny back .. that will teach em akedimiks folk. whoo caresh if vince cheated? he one the nashionul champeeonship."

redneck 1: "sniff sniff. this shud not happen to a man like vince. this is not good"

all rednecks look at each other .. and one goes "hell .. let's start a 34 cent petition .. there are thousands like us. hoot hoot hoot"

bottom line to all of this is...

UGA wants to keep an athletic director because they believe their overall sports programs have done very well.

GT wants to oust an athletic director because we see ours as not reaching its potential and not headed in a positive direction due to the academic fiasco and the hiring of Gailey.

I'm GT all the way and laugh at UGA every chance I get, but I'd rather be getting laughed at for wanting an AD to stay vs being laughed at for wanting an AD to go.

Gailey, Braine, Moore...would love to see the back door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Originally posted by GeeTee:
bottom line to all of this is...

UGA wants to keep an athletic director because they believe their overall sports programs have done very well.

GT wants to oust an athletic director because we see ours as not reaching its potential and not headed in a positive direction due to the academic fiasco and the hiring of Gailey.

I'm GT all the way and laugh at UGA every chance I get, but I'd rather be getting laughed at for wanting an AD to stay vs being laughed at for wanting an AD to go.

Gailey, Braine, Moore...would love to see the back door hit ya where the good lord split ya.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">you're the man geetee. i would love to see the back door hit ya where who the freak ever split ya

ok ok...anything less than a "don't blame Gailey", "he's the best coach ever", "he had no clue about the academic situation", "it wasn't his fault we got beyond pummeled by our main rival and a weak Fresno State team", post isn't warrented for discussion without calling someone out or a name.

GT loyalty is one thing...BLIND loyalty is another.

Originally posted by sfalco:
LOL!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL is right .. god .. we do have some dorky fans.

anyways. much like how geetee will take laughing over retaining an AD over wanting to get rid of one, i'll take dorks over rednecks

GeeTee .. i apologize. i'm sorry to bust on you. i tried to point out that this thread is not about gailey or dooley or braine or moore or FOCers or ABCers or what have you.

this thread is about those redneck dorks and their "save st. vincent" campaign.

they have the dorkiest campaign going on over there to save their beloved relic and i'm really enjoying myself following it.

in fact, i got a hate mail from one of those lurking redneck dorks. he got so pissed off that he sent me an email! LOL

kudos to you haters for not starting a really dorky campaign like sending in x number of cents based upon your favorite tech letterman to the GTAA to make a point.

Originally posted by GeeTee:
now your name calling our own fellow GT students and alums DORKS???
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">no i'm not .. when did i do that?

i said we do have some dorky fans. not all of us are dorks. some of us surely are.

i'm one by the way. but it was sure funny as hell to find out that rednecks can be dorks too! a dorky redneck! LMAO

and the "i'll send 34 cents to my alma mutter" mutt thinks that there are 10000 such redneck dorks! it's eye opening

"GT loyalty is one thing...BLIND loyalty is another."

You see Gee Tee, blind loyalty is not ylojk8's only problem. I think most fans at some point exhibit blind loyaty toward their beloved alma mater.

He is also blinded by his hatred of UGA, and that gets dangerous for him when he's arguing against UGA, because he ends up weaving a verbal web of dung in his post.

You see, those little fingers are churning against the keyboard as fast as they can go after receiving the impulses from those hamster wheel in his head turning as fast as it can go, but the real substance and quality is just not there, similar to...well..the current argument, for example. :-)

"GT loyalty is one thing...BLIND loyalty is another."

You see Gee Tee, blind loyalty is not ylojk8's only problem. I think most fans at some point exhibit blind loyaty toward their beloved alma mater.

He is also blinded by his hatred of UGA, and that gets dangerous for him when he's arguing against UGA, because he ends up weaving a verbal web of dung in his post.

You see, those little fingers are churning against the keyboard as fast as they can go after receiving the impulses from those hamster wheel in his head turning as fast as it can go, but the real substance and quality is just not there, similar to...well..the current argument, for example. :-)
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">LOL .. hey sfalco .. will you be rushing in your 34 cents to the UGAA or whatever you call your AA to make the point that y'all dorky rednecks are trying to make?

and GeeTee, thanks a lot for making my day
smile.gif

"LOL .. hey sfalco .. will you be rushing in your 34 cents to the UGAA or whatever you call your AA to make the point that y'all dorky rednecks are trying to make?"

I don't know. I haven't decided yet.

"LOL .. hey sfalco .. will you be rushing in your 34 cents to the UGAA or whatever you call your AA to make the point that y'all dorky rednecks are trying to make?"

I don't know. I haven't decided yet.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">oh .. ran out of money? LOL .. it's hard to decide what to do with 34 cents isn't it .. when that's almost your hourly wage.

"duhhhh .. shud i put mah 34 cents in mah piggy bank or shud i send it to them akedemik sorts at mah alma mutter"

hey will you dorky rednecks send 68 cents to make an even stronger point? twice as strong? that will really really make them shake in their boots .. those dooley haters

Dooley's day is done. He was due to step down and rather than he and Adams negotiate a truce the two of them aren't even on the same page. They're both idiots. This could have been easily handled outside the press but they were both too stupid to avoid it. No excuse.

However, the "dawgnation" is perfectly willing to be all up in arms about it. Hershel Walker, of all people, has condemned it and it's a gigantic redneck embarrassment of the state of Georgia.

As has been stated (AHBS), VD could have easily taken the retirement that he was supposed to and still remained powerful, influential, involved and, I dare say, well compensated and revered but instead we have yet another redneck fiasco in Athens.

Pitiful.

oh .. ran out of money? LOL .. it's hard to decide what to do with 34 cents isn't it .. when that's almost your hourly wage.

The reason I have decided not to send in my 34 cents is that I currently give NO money to the UGA outside of my contribution for football tickets. 34 cents would be 34 cents more than I have given in the past.

Hourly wage? Sorry, I get paid on salary, as I have since I graduated from UGA 7 years ago. I also have my on business on the side. I'm not a rich man but I'm doing alright. When you graduate from HS, give me a call and maybe I'll hire you to clean my office after hours.

Nevertheless, once again you have reduced yourself to insults and name calling to compensate for your lack of intelligence and wit; except this time your tone seems to be quite a bit more harsh than our previous encounter because you know I'm right and you hate it.

oh .. ran out of money? LOL .. it's hard to decide what to do with 34 cents isn't it .. when that's almost your hourly wage.

The reason I have decided not to send in my 34 cents is that I currently give NO money to the UGA outside of my contribution for football tickets. 34 cents would be 34 cents more than I have given in the past.

Hourly wage? Sorry, I get paid on salary, as I have since I graduated from UGA 7 years ago. I also have my on business on the side. I'm not a rich man but I'm doing alright. When you graduate from HS, give me a call and maybe I'll hire you to clean my office after hours.

Nevertheless, once again you have reduced yourself to insults and name calling to compensate for your lack of intelligence and wit; except this time your tone seems to be quite a bit more harsh than our previous encounter because you know I'm right and you hate it.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">oh lord .. you get paid a salary? but you still have an hourly rate. duhhhh .. take what they pay you a week. divide it by the number of hours you work every week and that would be your hourly rate. is it really much more than $0.34?

if i go back to school next .. and if i manage to graduate .. i will certainly give you a call. uhhh .. i don't have your number .. i guess i'll just call 411 and ask them for redneck, sfalco redneck. if that listing isn't found, i'll ask them for mutt, sfalco mutt. LOL

you're right about what? you guys are running the dorkiest petition ever mutt? true dat!!

LOL .. daniel dooley is out now urging the mutt nation to fight the good fight for his poor dad.

LINK: Daniel Dooley hates that his dad is looooosing Power

HAHAHAHAH

Daniel Dooley: "Duhhhh .. i do not speak as mah dad's vince dooley's son. i speak as a aluminium of the univercity of jawja. duhhhhh .. please sign the online petition, and duuhhhhhhhhh please send the 34 cent check to the akedemik folks. i know that is a lot of money but we must sacrifice!"

Back