[UPDATED AFTER 2017] Coach Paul Johnson's Georgia Tech wins, ranked #76 to #1 with highlights

79tech

Damn Good Rat
I explain why I put them so high up earlier in the thread. The combination of it could have been the biggest upset in NCAA history, combined with us using our huge dropback QB as a triple option runner, and the relief I felt after, I felt it deserved to be a little higher on the list.
I agree with you on Webb. It was obvious Webb had some of the squatest DL that did a good job getting under our pads and stopping the Bback dive. The game looked lost and then on a broken 79 yard screen pass we win the game. Could have ruined the season and yet it didn't. Lots of anguish by fellow Tech fans at work Monday but I was kind of giddy we had won. A W is a W. Was it ugly - yes but did we find a way to win - yes. Booker getting a first down late was also miraculous. We go on to beat UGA 45-42 and a successful season. Lost to Webb and I think season would have likely unraveled.

79tech

Damn Good Rat
I really like your list but for me the FSU 49-44 win would have to go much higher - right behind the three UGA wins and Orange Bowl. That game was a war where it was a question of who could ever get a stop. We gashed a great FSU team and then the Nesbitt rip the ball away play was icing on the cake. Beating FSU down there proved to me we would be a force under CPJ. The UGA win the year before helped but that FSU game was one of the meanest, nastiest games I ever saw.

The Jacket

The Coat
I really like your list but for me the FSU 49-44 win would have to go much higher - right behind the three UGA wins and Orange Bowl. That game was a war where it was a question of who could ever get a stop. We gashed a great FSU team and then the Nesbitt rip the ball away play was icing on the cake. Beating FSU down there proved to me we would be a force under CPJ. The UGA win the year before helped but that FSU game was one of the meanest, nastiest games I ever saw.
And Florida State played their traditional role as graceless losers and punk bitches to the hilt. The end of the game was full of late hits and general bullshit, FSU clearly and deliberately trying to injure one of the players that had just run roughshod over them, while ACC refs deepthroated their whistles.

öööö like that is why beating Florida State will never lose its flavor for me. I had to spend far too long watching us lose to those twats while they pulled their typical thug öööö, I want to find a new way to break their ööööing hearts every time we play.

18in32

Petard Hoister
I hope we finally just demolish them. I want destruction, not just victory
It's these kind of wise words coming from leftists like yourself that give me hope for our nation.

Last edited:

southendzoneBEE

Gailey-Like
I've updated the list of CPJ's now 76 wins at Georgia Tech. Only 5 wins to add, highlighted by the Virginia Tech game obviously:

20. Virginia Tech, 28-22
37. Wake Forest, 38-24
46. North Carolina, 33-7
56. Pittsburgh, 35-17
65. Jacksonville St., 37-10

Sometimes, including the NC/PITT rankings, beating a rival is more important and a better win than beating a slightly better team. Even though Pitt is probably a better victory, whipping UNC was a lot more fun.

Last edited:

southendzoneBEE

Gailey-Like
Whos been to the most out of my top-20? I've been to 10/20 of the top 20.

Last edited:

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
I was kind of surprised to see Duke on the list. A reminder of when we actually beat them.

Diseqc

Dodd-Like
Good thing we got a lot more losses to add to your other list this year

southendzoneBEE

Gailey-Like
I've been to 9/20.

Also, would you put this VT victory over 2009 Wake??
Yes. Vt was significantly better than us, certainly our marquee win. We should have wiped the floor with Wake. The only reason it's listed as high as it is is because it was a dramatic game

gtfan1147

Dodd-Like
Yes. Vt was significantly better than us, certainly our marquee win. We should have wiped the floor with Wake. The only reason it's listed as high as it is is because it was a dramatic game
VT was not significantly better than GT, yet they went 9-3 and Tech went 5-6, and therein lies the real shame of the season. Take away a chop block, and Tech would've been 4 yards away from a 28-9 lead that day. VT beat West Virginia, yes, but because they have a rival within the conference, they were able to schedule 3 cupcakes elsewhere . They did have a lower floor, they were incapable of giving up 40 to UVA or getting blown out by Duke, but the two teams really weren't all that different - one made winning plays (like their 4-and-out goal line stand against Pittsburgh), the other did not.

18in32

Petard Hoister
the two teams really weren't all that different - one made winning plays (like their 4-and-out goal line stand against Pittsburgh), the other did not.
In my book, there is no bigger difference.