Urban Meyer.. backtrack?

BigPlayCJ

Varsity Lurker
0903CB7C-F03B-4E13-8AF1-E470A08F4FEC.jpeg

That's a great letter.

I wonder how long it took his agent to write it.

I don’t know; I buy it. We live in witch hunt times. Tell the truth and get blamed for divulging confidential personnel matters to the media. Try to hedge and get blamed for hiding matters of public interest.

As far as I can tell Meyer handled this all appropriately.

I don’t know; I buy it. We live in witch hunt times. Tell the truth and get blamed for divulging confidential personnel matters to the media. Try to hedge and get blamed for hiding matters of public interest.

giphy (8).gif

Agree. Social media is ruining society and the human race. Say one thing and a billion people will run with it and bend it to fit their agenda. Urban had no outs and tried to skate away. It back fired. öööö social media and the human race.

Agree. Social media is ruining society and the human race. Say one thing and a billion people will run with it and bend it to fit their agenda. Urban had no outs and tried to skate away. It back fired. öööö social media and the human race.

"I have no comment on this story at this time" probably would have been a lot better than lying.

"I have no comment on this story at this time" probably would have been a lot better than lying.
@andrew Not divulging an answer would've made him look guilty (like he was withholding info) in the eyes of the media.

I agree with you...just saying.

@andrew Not divulging an answer would've made him look guilty (like he was withholding info) in the eyes of the media.

I agree with you...just saying.

Yes. No doubt it was a no-win situation for him. But acknowledging you are withholding info is a lot better than lying. Urban could have come out of this with a little negative publicity but an intact job. Instead he's most likely done.

Easy to say from your laptop with anonymity after seeing the fall out of how he handled it. Having a mic in your face and (maybe) being caught off guard, the mind wanders and wants to get to safety ASAP. Yes he could handled it better but give me a break. This is all just media hysteria like most things these days.

I don't get why he "trumped" at the media days. He seemed to do the right thing and reported the issues when they happened, stupid for him to lie when the questions came up. He didn't beat the guy's wife. Its pretty strange when stuff that happens outside the workplace is now smearing someone who had nothing to do with the crime. If I had to account for all of the outside of work actions of my employees over the years....Jeez, I can't imagine how I'd be vilified. I am not in any way excusing a loser who hits women, but its strange that his employer is responsible for his outside of work actions?

Back