Urban Meyer.. backtrack?

For purposes of firing him, yes it's "confirmed." I guess you don't do any employment law.

Do you do any employment law? I'm thinking that if you fired me without my even being charged for anything that I would own you in court. I would get my wife to join my lawsuit for unlawful dismissal and throw in a slander charge just for giggles. IF we got divorced, which in this case they did not and she even moved to Ohio with him, it would be after your big payout.

Do you do any employment law? I'm thinking that if you fired me without my even being charged for anything that I would own you in court. I would get my wife to join my lawsuit for unlawful dismissal and throw in a slander charge just for giggles. IF we got divorced, which in this case they did not and she even moved to Ohio with him, it would be after your big payout.
You can be fired for good reason, bad reason or no reason at all in Georgia. I don’t know the law in Ohio.

0903CB7C-F03B-4E13-8AF1-E470A08F4FEC.jpeg
The Eddie Haskell of college coaching.

He’s still going to be the head coach. They have Greg Schiano on staff. You cannot get fired from OSU for stuff like this.

You can be fired for good reason, bad reason or no reason at all in Georgia. I don’t know the law in Ohio.
Unless the employee is a member of a protected class. In which you take a risk when you fire. Which obviously creates a negative incentive as to who you hire, sadly.

It's telling that you changed the fact pattern. Here, Zach Smith's wife isn't standing by his side; in fact, she stands by her assertions and she's cooperated with media to get her story out. So, if I'm Ohio State I have a victim whose story hasn't changed and who has contemporaneous photo and text evidence that corroborates her story. She also has witnesses that corroborate her story and she has admissions from her husband to the abuse. The abuse happened multiple times over several years, so there's a pattern of abuse. The latest incident involved the wife getting a restraining order against him because of abuse as well as a misdemeanor trespass arrest last year for coming on the wife's property.

I haven't seen Smith's contract with Ohio State, but I imagine it has a "public disrepute or embarrassment" clause, which would be triggered by all of these incidents.

In short, if you were to sue me under this fact pattern, you wouldn't take öööö in court against me.

You guys realize that Ohio is an at-will state, right? He can be fired at any time for any reason, or even without reason. The criminal activity only comes into play as to whether the firing is with cause or without cause, which for a normal employee only affects his eligibility for uninsurance.

However, he likely had a contract, so there is probably a payout for without cause. Likely the payout is not large enough to actually matter, but if it did, they could probably make an argument that the negative publicity of this incident, with or without prosecution, is sufficient to fire for cause.

Unless the employee is a member of a protected class. In which you take a risk when you fire. Which obviously creates a negative incentive as to who you hire, sadly.
Yeah and white men are definitely not a protected class haha

You guys realize that Ohio is an at-will state, right? He can be fired at any time for any reason, or even without reason. The criminal activity only comes into play as to whether the firing is with cause or without cause, which for a normal employee only affects his eligibility for uninsurance.

However, he likely had a contract, so there is probably a payout for without cause. Likely the payout is not large enough to actually matter, but if it did, they could probably make an argument that the negative publicity of this incident, with or without prosecution, is sufficient to fire for cause.
"At will" typically doesn't apply to most government employees. Most civil service employees have a right to due process in their jobs, so they have a right to notice and a fair hearing prior to dismissal.

But Zach Smith had a contract, and his contract would govern the process for his dismissal.

White dude making $400k/year isn’t going to be a protected class

You coulda stopped at ‘white’ and ‘dude’ — how much you make is irrelevant to whether you’re in a protected class.

Theoretically a white dude would be protected if he were fired for being white, right? Every once in a while you see a lawsuit like that brought.

It's telling that you changed the fact pattern. Here, Zach Smith's wife isn't standing by his side; in fact, she stands by her assertions and she's cooperated with media to get her story out. So, if I'm Ohio State I have a victim whose story hasn't changed and who has contemporaneous photo and text evidence that corroborates her story. She also has witnesses that corroborate her story and she has admissions from her husband to the abuse. The abuse happened multiple times over several years, so there's a pattern of abuse. The latest incident involved the wife getting a restraining order against him because of abuse as well as a misdemeanor trespass arrest last year for coming on the wife's property.

I haven't seen Smith's contract with Ohio State, but I imagine it has a "public disrepute or embarrassment" clause, which would be triggered by all of these incidents.

In short, if you were to sue me under this fact pattern, you wouldn't take öööö in court against me.

In Florida, when this first happened in 2009 she stuck by him didn't she? Are you saying he should have kept him in Florida but fired him in Ohio; because I thought that is what happened. She is working with the media now; but I thought you guys were arguing he should have fired him back in 2015 or earlier.

Here is why this is public now, Smith made the error of pulling his car into his ex-wife's driveway during the parental exchange of their 13 year old son.
https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/07/ohio_state_receivers_coach_zac.html

And here is the timeline:
https://www.cleveland.com/expo/spor...c72c36975/timeline-of-the-zach-smith-sto.html

Theoretically a white dude would be protected if he were fired for being white, right? Every once in a while you see a lawsuit like that brought.
That is *theoretically* true. Those cases take 100x the evidence to get off the ground.

Same for fired for being a man.

In Florida, when this first happened in 2009 she stuck by him didn't she? Are you saying he should have kept him in Florida but fired him in Ohio; because I thought that is what happened. She is working with the media now; but I thought you guys were arguing he should have fired him back in 2015 or earlier.

Here is why this is public now, Smith made the error of pulling his car into his ex-wife's driveway during the parental exchange of their 13 year old son.
https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/07/ohio_state_receivers_coach_zac.html

And here is the timeline:
https://www.cleveland.com/expo/spor...c72c36975/timeline-of-the-zach-smith-sto.html
Thanks for posting that.

Honest question: which jobs are wife beaters and race baiters allowed to have? “Bad ones”?

Thanks for posting that.

Honest question: which jobs are wife beaters and race baiters allowed to have? “Bad ones”?
Ones that do not have contracts with morals clauses or require reporting of domestic violence or sexual harassment or commission of them.

Back