Urban Meyer.. backtrack?

In Florida, when this first happened in 2009 she stuck by him didn't she? Are you saying he should have kept him in Florida but fired him in Ohio; because I thought that is what happened. She is working with the media now; but I thought you guys were arguing he should have fired him back in 2015 or earlier.

Here is why this is public now, Smith made the error of pulling his car into his ex-wife's driveway during the parental exchange of their 13 year old son.
https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/07/ohio_state_receivers_coach_zac.html

And here is the timeline:
https://www.cleveland.com/expo/spor...c72c36975/timeline-of-the-zach-smith-sto.html
Wasn’t even just pulling into the driveway. It honestly read as if she was setting him up.

Still doesn’t seem like a good guy.

Ones that do not have contracts with morals clauses or require reporting of domestic violence or sexual harassment or commission of them.

Are you saying Urban should be fired or that Smith should have reported himself? I am honestly confused.

Aren't most of you arguing you would fire him for the accusation of domestic abuse period, I haven't seen much argument that he should be fired for a contract violation.

Are you saying Urban should be fired or that Smith should have reported himself? I am honestly confused.

Aren't most of you arguing you would fire him for the accusation of domestic abuse period, I haven't seen much argument that he should be fired for a contract violation.
Both. Smith for the act and U for not reporting the suspicious behavior and info from the wives.
From what I have heard the standard contract language for the coaches required reporting of of domestic violence and harassment

Both. Smith for the act and U for not reporting the suspicious behavior and info from the wives.
From what I have heard the standard contract language for the coaches required reporting of of domestic violence and harassment

But would you fire anyone from any job if you heard rumor there had been domestic violence and harassment, even if there wasn't such a contract? It appears you keep circling back to firing them for a contract violation.

No. I’m simply arguing that he should be fired because he is the head coach of Ohio State and it would be entertaining for at least a week or two. I think that’s compelling enough reason.

But would you fire anyone from any job if you heard rumor there had been domestic violence and harassment, even if there wasn't such a contract? It appears you keep circling back to firing them for a contract violation.

I would never counsel a client to fire an employee based solely on a rumor, regardless of the employee's contract status. I would need more evidence to advise that. Evidence such as police reports, photos, text messages, witness statements, victim statements, accused statements, and court documents would all be taken into consideration. It looks like there was enough of this evidence by 2015 that Ohio State should've canned him, contract or no contract.

And... and which jobs should those be?
High status jobs that would reflect poorly on a company or institution where reputation, integrity, and credibility are important selling points in the market.

Surely you would agree that not all jobs are the same and that there are high status jobs and low status jobs. You also would agree that some jobs are almost solely dependent on how much a worker produces in a day and the worker's status as a person really doesn't matter much, while other jobs depend on the credibility and reputation of the person holding the job.

It seems like you're being deliberately obtuse with this. A dish washer at a hole in the wall restaurant is not the same thing as an assistant coach on one of the most prestigious and well known college football programs and universities in the country. The former can hire white trash wife beaters, the latter should not.

Why did Meyer hire Smith at Ohio State? If I took a new job, I would not hire a potential problem employee from my previous job. Smith may be a good assistant but there are plenty of others.

Wasn’t even just pulling into the driveway. It honestly read as if she was setting him up.

Still doesn’t seem like a good guy.
No he probably isn't a solid citizen, but it sounds like she was being vindictive over minor stuff. I am assuming she had had her fill of him by then.

Why did Meyer hire Smith at Ohio State? If I took a new job, I would not hire a potential problem employee from my previous job. Smith may be a good assistant but there are plenty of others.
Earle Bruce was Meyer's mentor, and Smith is Earle Bruce's grandson.

Cause he prob knows some stuff about urban that he doesnt want to get out.

High status jobs that would reflect poorly on a company or institution where reputation, integrity, and credibility are important selling points in the market.

Surely you would agree that not all jobs are the same and that there are high status jobs and low status jobs. You also would agree that some jobs are almost solely dependent on how much a worker produces in a day and the worker's status as a person really doesn't matter much, while other jobs depend on the credibility and reputation of the person holding the job.

It seems like you're being deliberately obtuse with this. A dish washer at a hole in the wall restaurant is not the same thing as an assistant coach on one of the most prestigious and well known college football programs and universities in the country. The former can hire white trash wife beaters, the latter should not.
I guess I still live in a world where being a WR coach ain’t that special.

I got no problem firing a guy cause you don’t like his character, BTW. I’m just not a fan of the lynch mob mentality that surrounds the choice.

Back