UT QB Signee Josh Dobbs - Aerospace Engineer

and that my friend describes the crux of our recruiting problem.

The reason you go after him, and stay on him, was proven by what Mitchell did; cleveland, and others.

I agree. Even if he is more of a pocket passer, we are all calling for a more modern version of our system. I think Vad is a step in that direction, this guy could be the next step after that. We can't turn down this kind of talent that is smart and wants to be an engineer (FWIW being an AE at tech and playing football is likely hell - Bedford can comment on this)

and that my friend describes the crux of our recruiting problem.

The reason you go after him, and stay on him, was proven by what Mitchell did; cleveland, and others.

and that my friend describes the crux of our fanbase problem.

The reason you don't go after him, and don't stay on him, was proven by what EricGT said in post #10; myself in later posts, and others.

Yet our fans continue to post without realizing this guy is an incredibly poor fit for us.

and that my friend describes the crux of our fanbase problem.

The reason you don't go after him, and don't stay on him, was proven by what EricGT said in post #10; myself in later posts, and others.

Yet our fans continue to post without realizing this guy is an incredibly poor fit for us.

Doesn't matter, we have a hard enough time trying to keep the ones who are a good fit for us.

Seems like just yesterday we had an offense that a 5-9, quick kid with a cannon could succeed in and so could a slow, noodle armed, industrial engineer...

Doesn't matter, we have a hard enough time trying to keep the ones who are a good fit for us.

So we should recruit the equivalent of Calvin Booker to run our offense? no thanks.

EDIT - oh wait, Booker was the same height, stronger, and faster. And you saw how he did in our offense.

No, we should be better at recruiting...

Nobody is disagreeing with that.

But landing this guy, which is the point of the entire thread, wouldn't improve our recruiting one bit. We'd just have a relatively useless piece who doesn't fit on the field anywhere. Do you disagree? I can't tell if you are trying to weigh in on the subject matter of the thread, or if you are just hijacking bc you are butt hurt with our recruiting.

Nobody is disagreeing with that.

But landing this guy, which is the point of the entire thread, wouldn't improve our recruiting one bit. We'd just have a relatively useless piece who doesn't fit on the field anywhere. Do you disagree? I can't tell if you are trying to weigh in on the subject matter of the thread, or if you are just hijacking bc you are butt hurt with our recruiting.

This thread should not have gone two pages...

Holy öööö, this is still front page?
This kid barely runs a sub-5 forty. I don't care if he's triple majoring in three different engineering disciplines, keep him away from our football team.

So we should recruit the equivalent of Calvin Booker to run our offense? no thanks.

EDIT - oh wait, Booker was the same height, stronger, and faster. And you saw how he did in our offense.

ugh.. see Garner Webb

unfortunately I did :frown:

Interesting that Butch Jones would offer then considering he does a lot of zone read stuff, which I thought was our new direction.

Shhhh... you'll let the cat out of the bag. New label, same old öööö.

But this kid is an engineering major, so he will totally be better.

Oh.. Well that is a different story all together. Everyone knows that the greatest QB's of all time were engineering majors. Dang you CPJ!! :furious:

Back