Uzzi staying

Would love to be able to look forward three years and know the net worth's of Hill and Uzzi.

Believe that Mr. Uzzi will be dollars ahead.

Let's hope he makes the best outcome possible!

Would love to be able to look forward three years and know the net worth's of Hill and Uzzi.

Believe that Mr. Uzzi will be dollars ahead.

Let's hope he makes the best outcome possible!

Want to place a wager on it? Uzzi is staying because he had a bad season, is injured and likely would not have been drafted. Meanwhile, Hill will blow up at the combine with huge workout numbers and will get drafted and make an NFL roster. Comparing the two is foolish.

I captured the celebrations right after this was announced:

[y]2sOB0MiZuE0[/y]

I don't understand how anybody could say that Hill leaving was good for him. I remember when the players that left early were actually just very good athletes and not just any ok athlete with some things they excel at leave early to get drafted 6th or 7th round when they could improve in a season and get drafted 1-3

I don't understand how anybody could say that Hill leaving was good for him. I remember when the players that left early were actually just very good athletes and not just any ok athlete with some things they excel at leave early to get drafted 6th or 7th round when they could improve in a season and get drafted 1-3

League minimum is >>> playing for free. Or, he could stay here for another year, get injured, and never play again.

I'll never begrudge a kid who wants to try for the next level; I don't see why a good number of hell bent on doing so.

Wha?

Hill is big, fast, and a great jumper. You can't teach what he has. You can question whether that translates to on-field production, but not his pure athleticism. I know we don't like to address this, but how much, in this offense is he really going to improve? Is he going to learn route running? Nope. Is he going to learn a pro-style offense? Nope. Is he going to get 2-3 passes thrown his way while simply being a decoy and blocking 90% of the time? Yup. Sure BayBay improved his stock, but most of that came after the season was over when he ran a 4.38 40 that no one expected. His play on the field was great, but that isn't what shot him up draft boards from the 3rd round to 1st.

GT isn't for everyone and if he thinks he'll get drafted in the 3rd or 4th round (which I think is a possibility), I understand why he would leave. No hard feelings. He has to do what is best for him.

Will he be missed? Absolutely. I know there is a vocal group on here that said he won't be missed, but how often was he open versus the opposite WR? He was, for most of the year, the only guy getting open. Even with his multiple drops, he was our only threat out at WR. His departure leaves a big hole to fill, but it is what it is. Hope the young guys come along, because our current crop of WRs have ZERO career catches .

Wha?

Hill is big, fast, and a great jumper. You can't teach what he has. You can question whether that translates to on-field production, but not his pure athleticism. I know we don't like to address this, but how much, in this offense is he really going to improve? Is he going to learn route running? Nope. Is he going to learn a pro-style offense? Nope. Is he going to get 2-3 passes thrown his way while simply being a decoy and blocking 90% of the time? Yup. Sure BayBay improved his stock, but most of that came after the season was over when he ran a 4.38 40 that no one expected. His play on the field was great, but that isn't what shot him up draft boards from the 3rd round to 1st.

GT isn't for everyone and if he thinks he'll get drafted in the 3rd or 4th round (which I think is a possibility), I understand why he would leave. No hard feelings. He has to do what is best for him.

Will he be missed? Absolutely. I know there is a vocal group on here that said he won't be missed, but how often was he open versus the opposite WR? He was, for most of the year, the only guy getting open. Even with his multiple drops, he was our only threat out at WR. His departure leaves a big hole to fill, but it is what it is. Hope the young guys come along, because our current crop of WRs have ZERO career catches .

Posts like this do not help our program... Please remove

Back