Uzzi staying

Would love to be able to look forward three years and know the net worth's of Hill and Uzzi.

Believe that Mr. Uzzi will be dollars ahead.

Let's hope he makes the best outcome possible!
:bowrofl:

Would Uzzi be drafted higher if he transfered and played somewhere else?

Wha?

Hill is big, fast, and a great jumper. You can't teach what he has. You can question whether that translates to on-field production, but not his pure athleticism. I know we don't like to address this, but how much, in this offense is he really going to improve? Is he going to learn route running? Nope. Is he going to learn a pro-style offense? Nope. Is he going to get 2-3 passes thrown his way while simply being a decoy and blocking 90% of the time? Yup. Sure BayBay improved his stock, but most of that came after the season was over when he ran a 4.38 40 that no one expected. His play on the field was great, but that isn't what shot him up draft boards from the 3rd round to 1st.

GT isn't for everyone and if he thinks he'll get drafted in the 3rd or 4th round (which I think is a possibility), I understand why he would leave. No hard feelings. He has to do what is best for him.

Will he be missed? Absolutely. I know there is a vocal group on here that said he won't be missed, but how often was he open versus the opposite WR? He was, for most of the year, the only guy getting open. Even with his multiple drops, he was our only threat out at WR. His departure leaves a big hole to fill, but it is what it is. Hope the young guys come along, because our current crop of WRs have ZERO career catches .

TL;DR

Seriously, I realize the kid is an olympic athlete. He will not be drafted before the 7th round. MAYBE 6th.

Plenty of stupid posts on this thread.

First, Hill isn't "playing for free". Besides the scholarship at a relatively expensive school he gets a showcase for his talents.

Hill drops too many balls as it is even in this limited passing offense. Also, WR's rarely get injured. Can anybody name a draft-eligible WR that got some cat-injury?

If Hill goes 5 or 6, it's clear he should have come back. He butter blow up that combine/pro-day/etc.

The main thing Hill could do by coming back is answer questions about his production. Potential at the combine will get ou drafted as a project. Potential at combine plus performance on the field will get you drafted highly.

It all depends on whether he actually makes a team in any round. Arguably if that happens it still could turn out well even if he might have gone higher by staying. Of course the flip side of that is that if he does not make a team this year then he might not make a team next year either.

The potential is there though. Someone is bound to at least invite him to camp to prove himself.

The main thing Hill could do by coming back is answer questions about his production. Potential at the combine will get ou drafted as a project. Potential at combine plus performance on the field will get you drafted highly.

It all depends on whether he actually makes a team in any round. Arguably if that happens it still could turn out well even if he might have gone higher by staying. Of course the flip side of that is that if he does not make a team this year then he might not make a team next year either.

The potential is there though. Someone is bound to at least invite him to camp to prove himself.

Stephen Hill is not a player I would draft, unless my team was top grade and didn't care who we drafted.

Unless he blows up at the combine, I think he will be an undrafted free agent. He could have helped himself by playing special teams this year.

But good luck to Hill. I hope he makes a roster. That would be good press for GT.

Uzzi coming back is huge. Not only is he all ACC, but it will give the young guys a chance to grow. I also gives us a senior leader on the line.

Meanwhile, Hill will blow up at the combine with huge workout numbers and will get drafted and make an NFL roster. Comparing the two is foolish.

Wouldn't Hill have to get invited to the combine first?

I imagine he will, but looking at the list of seniors, there are 10 or so clearly better, though I imagine he's objectively in the next group, one of the top 20 receivers coming out this year and probably, based on measurables alone, one of the top 15. Will that be good enough to get an invite as a junior?

This. Every situation is different and in the long run they made the decisions that were best for them

Please understand, I'm for whatever Hill wants to do and that can better his life, but the young man hasn't proven a thing on the field in three years. If he blows up at the combine, it will be the first thing he's "blown up" in his tenure at Tech.

Right now he's a pretty good receiver on a team that doesn't pass much, and is known more for his serial drops and lack of aggressiveness than anything else. He has tremendous talent, but at this point has not proven he can use it.

He may have decided that he needs better coaching to reach his potential, and if that's the case, then I wish him the best. But to try to jump to the NFL based on his track record at Tech is a head scratcher.

Is it possible that the scout team would be a better place for him to learn than a senior year back at matech?

Is it possible that the scout team would be a better place for him to learn than a senior year back at matech?

More than likely he'll at least make a practice squad somewhere. He'll get the coaching he needs there, and make money while doing it.

Kevin Cone managed to get paid for a year, maybe will manage couple more years.

A great blow to those that have been trying to amass evidence that CPJ is "running them off" and can't get along with players.

Back