Uzzi staying

Wouldn't Hill have to get invited to the combine first?

I imagine he will, but looking at the list of seniors, there are 10 or so clearly better, though I imagine he's objectively in the next group, one of the top 20 receivers coming out this year and probably, based on measurables alone, one of the top 15. Will that be good enough to get an invite as a junior?

46 WRs at last year's combine

Wouldn't Hill have to get invited to the combine first?

I imagine he will, but looking at the list of seniors, there are 10 or so clearly better, though I imagine he's objectively in the next group, one of the top 20 receivers coming out this year and probably, based on measurables alone, one of the top 15. Will that be good enough to get an invite as a junior?

they will invite him because he is intriguing. Its not always about who is the top 40 or whatever

See, I told you guys CPJ couldn't get his linemen into the NFL. What high school OL would want to come to a place where his NFL stock is nil. Tic

they will invite him because he is intriguing. Its not always about who is the top 40 or whatever

He's in the combine regardless. Last year there were ~ 30 WRs drafted, a pretty typical number. There were ~ 50 WRs at the combine.

Hill may not run the best routes or have the best hands, but guys who have his speed but are 3-6 inches shorter will be going in rounds 5-6, and guys with his size but are .2 seconds (in the forty) slower will be going in rounds 5-6.

One thing teams want from a 6th round pick, esp a WR, is upside. Hill has that.

Why say anything negative about Uzzi's draft potential? Just be grateful he wants to play another year for the Jackets and hope his decision proves to be a great one for him.

Why say anything negative about Uzzi's draft potential? Just be grateful he wants to play another year for the Jackets and hope his decision proves to be a great one for him.

Boom Shaka Laka

I saw it posted that Hills projection came back late 1st round to mid second round. His measurables are pretty darn good. If the projection info is in fact true, he made the right decision. I hope he does go in the 1st round. That can only help recruiting.

I saw it posted that Hills projection came back late 1st round to mid second round. His measurables are pretty darn good. If the projection info is in fact true, he made the right decision. I hope he does go in the 1st round. That can only help recruiting.

Did you read that on the Onion?? No way he's a late 1st to 2nd rounder

Citation please.

Oh, and even if the New York Times says it...it aint happening.

No, Hill's projection was 4rd to 7th round. He had the second lowest evaluation, with only "undrafted" lower.

Last edited:

Would love it...but no. I haven't seen anything higher than 3rd round. He'll likely go somewhere from rounds 4-6.

Guys, I am NOT saying that I think he is going 1st round. People were saying there is NO projection having him go higher than 3rd. I was just pointing out one "respectable" (in quotes because I believe draft projection websites are basically crapshoots) website has him going first round.

How many of us questioned the decisions of the "Fab Four" when they jumped ship in 2010? You never know how these things will go.

Bebe was questioned as well and he worked himself into the first round with a sick combine.

There are definitely questions about Hill but he will work himself up to be a high draft pick. He's dropped some passes, sure, but he also has a nice highlight reel (just watch that ridiculous UNC catch).

That is completely false. He never received an official NFL projection. He was told by someone outside of that he is a 3rd-4th rounder but it wasn't an official NFL projection.

That is completely false. He never received an official NFL projection. He was told by someone outside of that he is a 3rd-4th rounder but it wasn't an official NFL projection.

God ---- if that is true...

There are so many more proven receivers in this draft he will be LUCKY to be a 7th round pick. LSU's top receiver just decided to leave. He will be picked long before Hill.

Back