Uzzi staying

Guys, I am NOT saying that I think he is going 1st round. People were saying there is NO projection having him go higher than 3rd. I was just pointing out one "respectable" (in quotes because I believe draft projection websites are basically crapshoots) website has him going first round.

I know, just pointing out that Hill seems to be expecting fourth or so himself, obviously hoping for better and knowing he has to do well to move up.

That is completely false. He never received an official NFL projection. He was told by someone outside of that he is a 3rd-4th rounder but it wasn't an official NFL projection.
As usual, despite acting smug and as if you know everything, you are incorrect. Hill did receive an official prediction. Ten seconds of research would have proven that.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-tech/stephen-hill-leaves-georgia-1291205.html

"Hill said the draft evaluation he received from a board of NFL scouts informed him that he didn’t have the potential to be drafted in the first three rounds."

theoffice-dwight_1255561559.jpg

Never said it's reliable. But it's the only official way of college players to hear directly from NFL scouts about what their chances are. And apparently they have a pretty good success rate historically with their predictions.

As usual, despite acting smug and as if you know everything, you are incorrect. Hill did receive an official prediction. Ten seconds of research would have proven that.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-tech/stephen-hill-leaves-georgia-1291205.html

"Hill said the draft evaluation he received from a board of NFL scouts informed him that he didn’t have the potential to be drafted in the first three rounds."

That's not what BOR said. He said the NFL didn't tell Hill he'd go in the fourth round. And your article confirms that.

The board of NFL scouts told him he didn't have "potential" to be drafted in the first three. That is not the same thing as telling him he'll go in the fourth, it is simply giving him the upper boundary of his best case scenario.

In this case, the only projection he got from those scouts was that he wasn't going to go in the first three rounds but he might get drafted at some point after that.

Plenty of stupid posts on this thread.

First, Hill isn't "playing for free". Besides the scholarship at a relatively expensive school he gets a showcase for his talents.

Hill drops too many balls as it is even in this limited passing offense. Also, WR's rarely get injured. Can anybody name a draft-eligible WR that got some cat-injury?

If Hill goes 5 or 6, it's clear he should have come back. He butter blow up that combine/pro-day/etc.

Prothro

So, back to Uzzi staying...

I think that this is a big deal for the offense. It seems that Shaq Mason is going to take over the other starting guard spot, so hopefully our G-C-G play will improve. I'm not sure how much JC Lanier played, but if Uzzi was gone it would be Will Jackson and JC Lanier opposite Mason (as far as I can tell).

With Phil Smith leaving (not sure if that's 100% yet or not), I think there's room for a young guy to get some PT at tackle. I think the inside of the offensive line will be stronger next year than the outside, without Uzzi, I'm not so sure that'd be true.

Wouldn't Hill have to get invited to the combine first?

I imagine he will, but looking at the list of seniors, there are 10 or so clearly better, though I imagine he's objectively in the next group, one of the top 20 receivers coming out this year and probably, based on measurables alone, one of the top 15. Will that be good enough to get an invite as a junior?

I would think so. Generally there are at least 20 or more at each position.

Bebe was questioned as well and he worked himself into the first round with a sick combine.

Bebe broke his foot prior to the Combine and didn't perform. He got his draft position based on his pre-Combine work and two years of highlight reel videos, both of which were impressive. Bebe had a track record of getting it done on the field.

Wouldn't Hill have to get invited to the combine first?

I imagine he will, but looking at the list of seniors, there are 10 or so clearly better, though I imagine he's objectively in the next group, one of the top 20 receivers coming out this year and probably, based on measurables alone, one of the top 15. Will that be good enough to get an invite as a junior?

I suppose you could see what Todd McShay or another draft expert wrote, but I don't think you'll see Hill high in the projections yet.

If you look at http://espn.go.com/college-football...eiving/sort/receivingYards/year/2011/group/80, you'll see receiving stats. Hill is 24th on "longest reception", 1st on yards/catch, and not even on the first few pages for yards, catches, or touchdowns. I don't think he's in the top 25 at his position right now. I guess he'll be invited to the combine. Maybe he'll move up.
That's just FBS. FCS (where Jerry Rice played, and I think Roddy White) will have a bunch of talented receivers too.
I don't expect our receivers to have a bunch of yards or catches. They could have a bunch of touchdowns, though.
One thing is clear--Bacarri Rambo at UGA was nuts to come back--he was a 1st/2nd rounder, and his position won't be getting better--he's at his ceiling.
I'm glad Uzzi came back--that's huge for us.

I suppose you could see what Todd McShay or another draft expert wrote, but I don't think you'll see Hill high in the projections yet.

If you look at http://espn.go.com/college-football...eiving/sort/receivingYards/year/2011/group/80, you'll see receiving stats. Hill is 24th on "longest reception", 1st on yards/catch, and not even on the first few pages for yards, catches, or touchdowns. I don't think he's in the top 25 at his position right now. I guess he'll be invited to the combine. Maybe he'll move up.
That's just FBS. FCS (where Jerry Rice played, and Marques Colston) will have a bunch of talented receivers too.
I don't expect our receivers to have a bunch of yards or catches. They could have a bunch of touchdowns, though.
One thing is clear--Bacarri Rambo at UGA was nuts to come back--he was a 1st/2nd rounder, and his position won't be getting better--he's at his ceiling.
I'm glad Uzzi came back--that's huge for us.

fify. Roddy White went to UAB (an FBS school but still a small one).

Also, here's a link ranking this year's incoming WR class for the draft: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_WR
(note Hill being #11 right now, a projected 3rd rounder, above the likes of Ryan Broyles, TY Hilton, and other notable names)

Last edited:
fify. Roddy White went to UAB (an FBS school but still a small one).

Also, here's a link ranking this year's incoming WR class for the draft: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_WR
(note Hill being #11 right now, a projected 3rd rounder. above the likes of Ryan Broyles, TY Hilton, and other notable names)

That's higher than I'd expect--especially since he didn't make All-ACC, and there are faster players.
I think he's got a lot of potential, and 3rd-4th round is where some of those "potential" players show up though.

Back