Vad is not the answer if

Oh give it a rest already. TW sucks. Just admit you were wrong.

Just completely wrong.

:rotfl: The point the objective people are making is that Vad is clearly not world-beaters that some of you made him out to be.

I realize it's hard to admit it but CPJ didn't have Vad on the bench just to spite you.

:rotfl: The point the objective people are making is that Vad is clearly not world-beaters that some of you made him out to be.

I realize it's hard to admit it but CPJ didn't have Vad on the bench just to spite you.

He's not a world beater right now since he hasn't had snaps, but he obviously has more potential and upside than TW.

There is absolutely no compelling reason to continue with TW at this point since the season is pretty much lost.

CPJ requires him to stick with the basic TO. There will be some improvement but very little if he don't change the system to fit his players instead of trying to make them conform to his system. All the great coaches change the system to the skills of thier players. I am afraid CPJ won't so Vad will probably not succeed. I hope I'm wrong but think I am right.

To quote Cowherd this morning, the backup QB is the answer if you are someone's wife or daughter. If you follow and understand the game, the backup QB should never be the answer.

Haha dude you obviously didn't see Tevin as a RS freshman. I thought he would never play a down. But he has actually improved over his career by leaps and bounds. Vad looks about the same in the triple, and is already 10 times the passer.
You and I also remember 08 differently. Nesbitt ran around most of the season, with Dwyer taking bback option pitches for tds, and bay bay catching jump balls. Nesbitt stunk at the triple early on.
Vad didn't look great, but he is an effing RS freshman just getting his feet wet behind a ööööty OL.
I

a voice of reason!!!

I agree. That was my point. Vad is probably more ready NOW than JN was, and I believe he will prove to be much more of a natural QB than JN. It is time to see him get the experience he needs.

Vad's also had more time in the offense now. I think the main lesson is have patience and let people grow into the offense. Vad is clearly a quick study but he's not close to Jesus yet.

the TW supporters have gone from "Tevin is clearly better than Vad" to "well, Vad's not as good as you thought he was, either."

He's a rFr with garbage time snaps or snaps when we are so far behind that everybody knows he's either passing or running a draw. And he's still done pretty well. His snaps in the BC game are his ONLY meaningful snaps of the year... and even those were when we were up 2 TD's against a team everybody thought we'd beat handily.

To quote Cowherd this morning, the backup QB is the answer if you are someone's wife or daughter. If you follow and understand the game, the backup QB should never be the answer.

Or if it's the end of the 3rd quarter, down 17, and your starter throws a bounce pass followed by what is essentially a pick 6.

Then you send the backup in, which is what CPJ did.

Or if it's the end of the 3rd quarter, down 17, and your starter throws a bounce pass followed by what is essentially a pick 6.

the bounce pass was ever worse than the pick. and it wasn't the first bouncer of the day... smh

Vad is not there yet. He will be good, but not yet. TW is much more poised and generally plays well. My main concern is not the QB anyway, TECH just can not play with the big boys anymore. That is mainly talent. BYU is a good team that but for a little more grace from god would be in the top ten.

the TW supporters have gone from "Tevin is clearly better than Vad" to "well, Vad's not as good as you thought he was, either."

He's a rFr with garbage time snaps or snaps when we are so far behind that everybody knows he's either passing or running a draw. And he's still done pretty well. His snaps in the BC game are his ONLY meaningful snaps of the year... and even those were when we were up 2 TD's against a team everybody thought we'd beat handily.

I still think TW is the much better overall player, but I'd rather see what VL does with the experience at this point.

I was talking from a more general standpoint as opposed to your starter is playing terribly, give someone else a shot.

VL may deserve more playing time, but he is a bandaid for the team's problems. He isn't going to play defense and he isn't going to block. That's what I was getting at.

I was talking from a more general standpoint as opposed to your starter is playing terribly, give someone else a shot.

VL may deserve more playing time, but he is a bandaid for the team's problems. He isn't going to play defense and he isn't going to block. That's what I was getting at.

Agreed. Honestly I would have liked to have seen Vad earlier in the game, but I'm not sure it would have made even the slightest difference with the way their D-Line and LBs were blowing up everything. We had zero 3rd down conversions, yikes.

A great QB can mask other team deficiencies, especially in this offense.

There is absolutely no compelling reason to continue with TW at this point since the season is pretty much lost.
My only thought here is that CPJ expects Justin Thomas to be the starter next year over Vad, so he plays Tevin to avoid the controversy going into next year. Could be far fetched, but it's a thought. I understand Thomas to be a better athlete than Vad, but obviously we aren't going to burn his red shirt.

Then why didn't Vad make a difference when he came in?

I would guess it didn't help that by that point in the game our receivers were playing half ass. That play where Greene had the ballbroken up was pure desire. The BYU guy had it our guy did not.

Let's just see what Vad can do. Give him the ball and let the chips fall where they may.

Go Jackets!

I would guess it didn't help that by that point in the game our receivers were playing half ass. That play where Greene had the ballbroken up was pure desire. The BYU guy had it our guy did not.

At what point in the game did our receivers make any effort? Other than Autry and you see what that got him.

Back