Vad will start the bowl game

Status
Not open for further replies.
PJ has pulled a Chan with Tevin. Chan hitched his wagon to Reggie Ball and PJ has hitched his wagon to Tevin. Even the most casual of observers can tell that both QB's were never going to take the program to new heights. It was decision to settle for average rather than take a chance on something better. Tevin is what is known as a coach killer and PJ has never been able to see that. Tevin is a serviceable back up QB at the average D1 college football program. Nothing more nothing less. He does the best he can but that is just not good enough to be better than average.

The best thing about the bowl game is that it will be PJ's last opportunity to play Tevin. Fortunately his eligibility will expire after that, and PJ will be forced to play someone else.

Some truth here, Tevin has just enough edge on Vad to keep the starting role.

We should have started the year with Vad and let him screw up as much as necessary until he learned the position or proved he is not the guy. It pisses me off that Johnson did not have the balls to go for it and invest this year in getting this program to a better place. The net of this year is that it has been pretty much standing pat and remaining middle of the road.

Johnson didn't have enough good will built up with fans to do this. CPJ is under pressure to win now and felt his best chance was Tevin, and with the way our defense has played there wasn't much room to experiment.

If you think the Bowl game will turn out any differently you are deceiving yourself. PJ will play Tevin and give him his last chance at redemption. Unfortunately he has placed Tevin's feelings above the good of the team.

Totally disagree here. If CPJ thinks he can win with Vad he will play him more just like he did at UNC where Vad's athleticism gave him an edge. Some of it will come down to who our bowl opponent is and how Vad matches up against them. Vad matched up well with what UNC was doing; not so well against FSU.

I will continue to support PJ as long as he is our coach but he really needs to get this thing turned around next year or it very well may be and should be his last.

Go Jackets!

The Sun Bowl: USC vs GA Tech otherwise known as A Tale of Two QBs.

It was the best of QBs, it was the worst of QBs...

Ga Tech will be annihilated by Matt Barkley and the Trojans.

Saw yesterday where we have possibly agreed to be passed over by the Sun Bowl because neither of us want to repeat last year's game. That would give us North Carolina (again), Nashville or Birmingham as viable options? Whichever choice, it wouldn't be the Trojans.

I just thew up in my mouth a little.

Your worldview is disturbing.

I'm not advocating Care Bears football and entitlements, but at some point you do have to consider the personal side of things. This isn't the NFL. If you think Vad gives you a 51% chance of winning the bowl and Tevin gives you a 49% chance of winning, you play Tevin because it's his last game. Nothing is for certain, and it's not like Tevin didn't earn his spot on the field this year. The only thing I know Tevin did not deserve was all the blame he's gotten in some of our close losses this year.

How many late game situations does Tevin have to throw an interception or overthrow a wide open receiver streaking towards the endzone in before he is no longer considered the best option to win the game? I guess probably one more.

PJ has pulled a Chan with Tevin. Chan hitched his wagon to Reggie Ball and PJ has hitched his wagon to Tevin. Even the most casual of observers can tell that both QB's were never going to take the program to new heights. It was decision to settle for average rather than take a chance on something better. Tevin is what is known as a coach killer and PJ has never been able to see that. Tevin is a serviceable back up QB at the average D1 college football program. Nothing more nothing less. He does the best he can but that is just not good enough to be better than average.

The best thing about the bowl game is that it will be PJ's last opportunity to play Tevin. Fortunately his eligibility will expire after that, and PJ will be forced to play someone else.

We should have started the year with Vad and let him screw up as much as necessary until he learned the position or proved he is not the guy. It pisses me off that Johnson did not have the balls to go for it and invest this year in getting this program to a better place. The net of this year is that it has been pretty much standing pat and remaining middle of the road.

If you think the Bowl game will turn out any differently you are deceiving yourself. PJ will play Tevin and give him his last chance at redemption. Unfortunately he has placed Tevin's feelings above the good of the team.

I will continue to support PJ as long as he is our coach but he really needs to get this thing turned around next year or it very well may be and should be his last.

Go Jackets!

I think PJ makes a point to play the best player, which is a philosophy I agree with. The problem in this situation is Tevin is always gonna be the better qb until Vad gets enough meaningful reps. The other problem is our offense put up enough points that we should've won most games. Still, I also wanted Vad starting every game after VT... Certainly every game post Miami

How many late game situations does Tevin have to throw an interception or overthrow a wide open receiver streaking towards the endzone in before he is no longer considered the best option to win the game? I guess probably one more.

So given that Vad Lee is the best option to win games, and Vad Lee will be the starter next year, what do you think our year end record will be?

This is true too and there was definitely cause for optimism that some special throwing packages were being put in for Vad at the start of the year. For me, the most frustrating thing all year was watching #13 trot out there in obvious passing situations. It wasn't fair to him, Vad, the team or the fans.

So given that Vad Lee is the best option to win games, and Vad Lee will be the starter next year, what do you think our year end record will be?

If it isn't an 8 win season at minimum then we've got to put this experiment to sleep. I think we will get them but I'd feel a lot more confident if Vad had played more this year.

Pretty much a moot point. The debate is over; Vad should have played more this year. I think the important question now is, how do we fix our defense?

To the people saying Vad didn't get enough playing time to develop this year. Can you name a few 2nd string QB's that got more quality playing time in developing roles (not injury related substitutions) in the past few years? (Not just here, but at any BCS school)

8-4 or 9-3 is my guess, but I think that's an extremely simplistic way to evaluate the QB situation.

Depends on how our OL does.

Too many naive people on here think we can give Vad enough time to make our passing game magically work against teams with massive DLs.

To the people saying Vad didn't get enough playing time to develop this year. Can you name a few 2nd string QB's that got more quality playing time in developing roles (not injury related substitutions) in the past few years? (Not just here, but at any BCS school)

I can't. But I can't name any other 2nd string QBs who are better than their first string counterparts either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back