Wanted: Jalen Carter

Question for the lawyers on here: How big do you think the lawsuit is going to be from the victim's families? I would think that UGA/Athens police does not want people asking questions with subpoenas and will try to settle this at great costs if necessary to avoid that.
Uga has immunity and probably is only liable to the extent of insurance. The Athletic Association probably doesn’t have immunity. I wouldn’t ask for a set amount in my lawsuit.

Kirby’s answer that UGA is perfect is a clear indication that he’s a total ass, or he’s been instructed what to say by his lawyers, or both.

you can't go around admitting mistakes with lawsuits of this nature potentially imminent.
Actually, you can. And you can treat the dead kid’s parents with respect, compassion and honesty. At the very least, you can come out and say, “I’ve lost sleep every night wondering about the things we could’ve done to prevent this incident.”

What you don’t do is come out and say “our culture kicks ass” when you’ve got 2 dead people.

Actually, you can. And you can treat the dead kid’s parents with respect, compassion and honesty. At the very least, you can come out and say, “I’ve lost sleep every night wondering about the things we could’ve done to prevent this incident.”

What you don’t do is come out and say “our culture kicks ass” when you’ve got 2 dead people.
Outright admitting you made a mistake is admitting to being in the wrong and is a little different than wondering about things you wish you could have done differently, aren't they?

Two people already got the death penalty. A third is facing financial consequences for his actions.
And a fourth was seriously injured with back injuries and broken ribs and I’m sure the poor girl has been replaced by the next up and coming recruiting assistant.

Outright admitting you made a mistake is admitting to being in the wrong and is a little different than wondering about things you wish you could have done differently, aren't they?
He had the perfect opportunity to go with the university story and say there was a mistake made in this employee getting the rental car.

But, to your point, you’re actually advocating that someone shouldn’t tell the truth because heaven forbid they’re held accountable for their actions.

And a fourth was seriously injured with back injuries and broken ribs and I’m sure the poor girl has been replaced by the next up and coming recruiting assistant.
I’m sure of that. A back injury and broken ribs definitely keep her from fulfilling the job responsibilities.

NFL teams used to only care if off-the-field issues were so dramatic they impacted a player dressing out and making plays on Sunday.

Ever since Ray Rice in the age of social media, they care a lot more about damage to the brand.

These charges move the needle on both those gauges. Jalen's not likely to get barred from the NFL, but his draft stock will suffer.

Moreover, this goes beyond Jalen because multiple UGA players were involved and there's a pattern showing both the APD and the school knew it was a chronic problem. That's why I think Kirby's #1 audience when he defends the culture there is not any of us. It's the NFL. If his ability to shuttle players to high draft picks suffers, his recruiting suffers, and he cannot win the SEC without annual top-3 classes. I would wager he's spoken to every NFL team in the last week.

Kirby has no conscience if he's protecting players whose actions constantly endanger lives. God forbid one of his paid mercenaries plows into a school bus at 89 mph and kills a bunch of kids.

He had the perfect opportunity to go with the university story and say there was a mistake made in this employee getting the rental car.

But, to your point, you’re actually advocating that someone shouldn’t tell the truth because heaven forbid they’re held accountable for their actions.
From my responses you've gleaned that I'm advocating not telling the truth? You don't ever lie when there is a potential court proceeding involving one's actions is all I'm saying.

Back